• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That new Curren$y
banderas.png

Currensy's been killing it since he put out Canal Street Confidential, which, IMO, was >>> Pilot Talk 3.

The Owners Manual, The Carollton Heist, Bourbon Street Secrets, and The Legend of Harvard Blue are all dope, and are all pretty short.

Until I get tired of the music, I can't call it oversaturation.

Fjordson

Glad to hear the new Spitta is good. Dude is on a roll.

Currensy's been killing it since he put out Canal Street Confidential, which, IMO, was >>> Pilot Talk 3.

The Owners Manual, The Carollton Heist, Bourbon Street Secrets, and The Legend of Harvard Blue are all dope, and are all pretty short.

Until I get tired of the music, I can't call it oversaturation.
Agreed. Shit even that small EP More Saturday Night Car Tunes was dope.

IrishNinja

it all felt pretty....R&B'y? more than i was looking for, i guess. that's what i get for clicking roc marciano links and then that, haha

and nah to blake, gonna hit it up later though!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
XXX was the best of those. I loved LLASAP but it hasn't aged as well as XXX. Obviously Wolf Gang has aged the worst.

Dereck

I like Bastard a lot but it's probably the only project out of these that I go back to the least. I guess Cherry Bomb kind of put me off from Tyler indefinitely. It's objectively at the bottom.

I feel you guys for putting XXX at the top but my list would go something like this I think.

LLA
XXX
Thug
S80
Bastard

Just because S80 is my least favorite Kendrick project

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Blake way too long gets really dull I've come down on it a bit.
I really like the album, but I agree that it's a bit too long and repetitive. I vibe with most of it, but I still haven't managed to listen to the album from start to finish without growing tired of it and switching to something else. It all blurs together a dozen or so tracks in. S/T had perfect pacing and a lot of variety between tracks, which is why it remains his best work and a modern classic. 👌

So basically XXX is undoubtedly a classic then

Not as hot on it as other people (I believe I gave it a seven out of ten), but it's definitely a highlight of the new tens and an album I'll keep on recommending for those new to rap. I also really like the collaboration he did with Busdriver and Aesop Rock on Ego Death. That was one hell of an ensemble, and Brown is at his most unhinged. That song sold me on his talent.

Fjordson

This is random, but I've been listening to a lot of Bones the past few days for some reason and he's gotta be in my current top 5. So many quality projects over the past three years or so.

kai3345

Banned
This is random, but I've been listening to a lot of Bones the past few days for some reason and he's gotta be in my current top 5. So many quality projects over the past three years or so.

i like bones, i just wish he'd change up his sound a least a little bit every once in a while. all his projects run together in my head, none of them are that distinct from one another.

Fjordson

i like bones, i just wish he'd change up his sound a least a little bit every once in a while. all his projects run together in my head, none of them are that distinct from one another.

Bones sounds like an introverted, depressed Drake. Not a fan. He sounds like he hasn't gotten laid in years.
None of this is really off base lol, but I can't remember the last thing he put out that I didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom