• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

XXX is a cult classic no doubt in my mind. Opinions are opinions but I'd sooner trust a man who recommended Taco Bell when I asked for good Mexican than take rap recommendations from someone who was underwhelmed by XXX.

jbug617

Banned
Emory on IG
Cj00isKWsAA9UVs.jpg

Gotta be Jay's best verse in like 9 years tbh

Young Thug's new track is nice too. I wish he came back to the flow he opened the track with though.

overcast

Fucking noided. Death Grips are killing it this year.
Rate these projects from best to worst brehs
XXX > Section.80 > Mista Thug Isolation >> LiveLoveASAP >> Bastard

I would say XXX has a decent lead against the two following and there is a good drop off between Thug and LLA.
Really nice. Both did their thing but this has got to be the best Hov verse in at least a few years... but the fucker said "damn daniel".
Pretty decent new thugger. Not sure it'll enter permanent rotation tho.
before summer my ass fuck tde

The new Schoolboy Q album is coming out July 8
Fuck yes. He's gonna deliver this time brehs :']
I hope
fbe9c2dfe740a8313854d7b0318b8d0b.png

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
jay z stole the pusha t track easily.

I enjoy Pusha's verse more than Jays to be honest, he's just so god damn commanding on the mic and his vivid coke rap imagery is better than ever.
Definitely Jay z's best verse in a long while, good to see he can still bring the heat although its a rarity these days.

I enjoy Pusha's verse more than Jays to be honest, he's just so god damn commanding on the mic and his vivid coke rap imagery is better than ever.
Definitely Jay z's best verse in a long while, good to see he can still bring the heat although its a rarity these days.

The passion of the white

Esch

Banned
yall know Jigga didnt write that verse

He absolutely did.

-double entendres / slant rhyming in his specific style
-goofy lines that only he would write
-unwarranted references to italian shit
-references to stuff that happened specifically in his life/people he knew. a ghostwriter might be able to rework some line about Emory, but why would they bother to talk about old ass interviews with Teddy Riley.

If Jay found a ghostwriter that could emulate his style to that level ("Cases we buries em / Before Reasonable Doubt dropped, the jury hung") he needs to pay that person triple and put out an album asap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Jay has any ghostwriters, outside of Ross (obviously). He just doesn't seem to be that kind of dude, not that he cares about integrity but he just doesn't want to waste his time dealing with them. Even still, I don't really understand why he'd use Ross.

EDIT: Also SMH @ Troy Ave's car being found with a gun that matches the bullets. How the fuck does that even happen? You kept the murder weapon in your own car? SMFH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom