• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q did it, brehs.

It's not as great as HnC, but there's some real heat on this album, and the lighter/bouncier tracks are better than the ones on Oxymoron.

EDIT: Jay Z is flowing on this new track wow, I didn't think he had this in him anymore. Legit his best performance since American Gangster alongside his verse on Drug Dealers Anonymous.

Damn this Q album is fire, I'm loving the sequencing/story,and he's an excellent songwriter.
Q did it, brehs.

It's not as great as HnC, but there's some real heat on this album, and the lighter/bouncier tracks are better than the ones on Oxymoron.

EDIT: Jay Z is flowing on this new track wow, I didn't think he had this in him anymore. Legit his best performance since American Gangster alongside his verse on Drug Dealers Anonymous.
Honestly Jay has a ton of verses since American Gangster on par or better than DDA.
Sit down and just mark down the list, you'd be surprised.

loving the album so far, WHateva U Want def' gonna be a single, great tune there

edit: yall hating on the Tyler track? shits catchy, much better than the purge track

Anyone in the UK seen this Schoolboy Q for anything less than £12-13? Not paying that for digital, can get most albums delivered for less than that.

Albums fire tho, i like the Tyler beat on this. I quite like the E-40 verse as well, not amazing or anything and i didn't on first listen as it really threw the vibe off, but it's grown on me.

Ninja Dom

Anyone in the UK seen this Schoolboy Q for anything less than £12-13? Not paying that for digital, can get most albums delivered for less than that.

Albums fire tho, i like the Tyler beat on this. I quite like the E-40 verse as well, not amazing or anything and i didn't on first listen as it really threw the vibe off, but it's grown on me.

You on any of the streaming sites? Spotify? Apple Music etc?

Exodust

Banned
Blank Face LP is dope as fuck. Ye's trash on THat Part, Tyler included some awful arts and crafts shit on an album where even Swizz Beats has a dope beat, and Overtime is meh. But overall I love it.

From Groovy Tony to JoHn Muir is flames.

You on any of the streaming sites? Spotify? Apple Music etc?

Got a free account on Spotify but i'm not much for these services tbh, and i'm stubborn about having to buy the albums i like. 12-13 quid is too much for just the digital though.

I'll just stick to Spotify for now and then buy it physically down the line.

Really should have put the that part remix on the album, Jay, Kendrick and Q killt it

rock bars
Black MAC 11 in my mattress
Make a hundred racks do a backflip
Might go Uncle Luke on them hoes
Pussy pop for a bankroll (yeah)
All my killers with me got a blank face (yeah)
On that fuck you, bitch, where the pay pay?
Make 'em pull up on your block with them 223s
Aim it at your face, hey
Movin' with the rock and the Glock concealers
You either sellin' rock or you flock to get it
You either on the watch or the clock is tickin'
The life of my Watts and my Bompton niggas
Get pinched, I'ma post a bond
Know POP gon' hold it down, look

kdot bars
Hold your breath, I'm 8 feet when I hold this TEC
Protect me from the local threats
My ID say my eye don't rest
My IV qualify T-rex
And society kept my IQ vexed
Deny me from an Ivy school
Applyin' me to the street I slept
I quietly had to hold this tool
Reminding me of the block I repped
The turf I stepped, the church and the earth I blessed
The first I guessed the alert was the murk I chef
That hearse the flirt with perks of a kill confessed
Dispersed the worst, the first 48 addressed
Q bars
They don't love you 'til the racks evolve
When I was broke they wouldn't accept the call
Now they on me for my decimals
Blank Face has gotta X 'em off
Enemies gotta bob and weave
Gangbangin' like we stand for somethin'
When Alton Sterling gettin' killed for nothin'
Two cowards in the car, they're just there to film
Sayin' #BlackLivesMatter should've died with him
Wrong nigga in your hood, you gon' ride on him
White nigga with a badge, you gon' let that slide?
Tell me how they sent that footage off and slept that night
I feel bad that my daughter gotta live this life
I'll die for my daughter, gotta fight this fight

Put a Blank Face on, nigga let that drop
That, that part

ILC303-1.gif

Ab Soul on the other hand......ugh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New Q is really fucking good, I'm surprised he lived up to the hype. That track with Vince...

Jadakiss best feature.

Kanye's feature is great. That's the truth.

Walking living legend I feel like kobe

Ye whole verse is quotable and hilarious.

That Kobe line is the one i've had in my head all day, and yeah it is pretty funny, the ok OK thing is hilarious for some reason, the catfish line, the freestyle at the end lool.

I'm not mad at it but i would have much better with just Q on that track instead.

HiResDes

Jadakiss best feature.

That Kobe line is the one i've had in my head all day, and yeah it is pretty funny, the ok OK thing is hilarious for some reason, the catfish line, the freestyle at the end lool.

I'm not mad at it but i would have much better with just Q on that track instead.

That doesn't make any sense, you said yourself you can't get Ye's verse out of your head, song is memorable because of Ye.

Song was memorable anyway, and I don't "hate" Kanye lol.

I don't hate this verse either, i agree it's memorable and catchy, but on an an album full of strong features i thought it was the weakest one on there, apart from maybe the first guest verse on the last track, and yet this is the one that gets stuck in my head, more than anything else on the album.

You never had something you weren't crazy about get stuck in your head?

FZZ

Banned
Beggars can't be choosers man this ain't Chipotle

and

That bitch ain't really bad she a catfish

are like top 2 lines of the year on the same track. The only thing more hilarious on this album is E-40's BIYAAATCH

Exodust

Banned
HnC is good, but I never saw it as that great to be honest. Something about it feels like it needs more work. Which is how I feel about Oxy, which aside from a few tracks is extremely forgettable.

I always thought Q had a lot of potential, and I think he finally reaches it in Blank Face. My favorite album of his, easily.

I think Ye's verse is trash. It's not so much memorable for me as it's baffling. But whatevs, not as into him as some of y'all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom