• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank Kanye and Kim for ending Taylor's career last night. karma is a biatch.

58bcc78d82.gif

if kanye can get away releasing shit like tlop then someone like taylor will be able to make it through this

this is the same girl who lambasted cheerleaders and then starred as one in a later music video. as long as prepubescent girls exist, taylor will be fine

HiiiLife

His album from last year was underrated IMO. Impatient with Ty$ was my shit lol. Can't wait to dive in.

Yachty tape...lets see if it bores me as much as boat.

FZZ

Banned
For Hot 97 is flames

This entire tape is amazing. Second best project I've heard this summer after Blank Face

Production is mind boggling at points.

Yeah Yeah is otherworldly. Reminds me of the Yang to Future's Xanny Family Yin. This minimalist shit is highly fuckwittable

Edit: Desiigner won

This song is going to be amazing

"Dipset" off Yachty's tape with that Cowboy Bebop sample, nice.

I just....*cannot*... get past the way his flat autotune delivery makes the melodies sound like nursery rhymes. It's incredibly distracting. Plus he seems off beat on this more than I recall him being on the last one.

Speaking of Blank Face, the producers really went nuts on some of these tracks. As much praise as the production's gotten, I don't think it's actually getting enough. This feels like the gangsta rap version of To Pimp A Butterfly in the way the tracks layer, progress, and vary from song to song. Even Swizz Beatz brought what has to be his best beat in years on a song that's only 1:44 long. And listen to Ride Out in the headphones to hear all the stuff happening in that track. It's like the loud, brash new school take on old school West Coast bangers Dr. Dre was trying to do on Compton.

Not enough YACK YACK on the album, but Q still brought his A game too. I agree with the DEHH review that he's a strong songwriter and doesn't get the credit he deserves for the way he constructs his verses, hooks, and all the interstitial touches that make him shine as a personality on a track.

T Dollarz

Just peeped that new Warm Brew EP. Smooth as fuck. Wish I could find a working link for Ghetto Beach Boyz, totally missed out on that last year, after hearing this I bet it was great.

Now bout to check out the Jeremih from last year and current. Only know dude off some features, like Chance's album.

Koozek

Just peeped that new Warm Brew EP. Smooth as fuck. Wish I could find a working link for Ghetto Beach Boyz, totally missed out on that last year, after hearing this I bet it was great.

Now bout to check out the Jeremih from last year and current. Only know dude off some features, like Chance's album.

Why not the Spotify link that pretty much every site linked to for that album?
https://open.spotify.com/album/2Qf9eEl4SC3lGTVBQ9RRTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom