• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Budden just responded with another Drake diss
Afraid

"Should know I’d kill him at even the slightest push of me

And when his team press up shirts, I’ll help 'em push a tee,

Should it read, he pressed buddens but wouldn’t push a tee"

sowP6Tf.gif
T

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Schoolboy album had me back on a West Coast tip and it's amazing how many gems came out of LA and the Bay Area during the Golden Era of Hip Hop.

No one ever talks about The Alkaholics.

file_31_56_grande.jpeg

Usually the Golden Era New York heads will ignore West Coast hip hop but wow are there some gems from some underrated MCs and groups.

Tha Alkaholiks - WLIX

The lyricism, flows, beat....everything comes together so perfectly.
kttcoliwow

How do you not bop your head to this?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So this whole time joe wasnt reaching with 4pm.

Murderer and wake justified. Joes fire just got more lighter fluid.

Saw no Joe vs Drake thread but wound up here instead. Welp since I'm here might as well say that new Cousin Stizz is on point. Got "No Skrat" on repeat right now.

Anyone have issues with iTunes randomly skipping songs on PC? It doesn't happen on all of my albums but just enough for it to be annoying. A song might play for 30-40 seconds before skipping to the next one, which plays for 30 seconds etc etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Budden/Drake beef has a predictable conclusion but is very entertaining cause the bars are good. Makes the Meek beef look like amateur hour in all respects. Joe making the right moves, tho he shouldn't drop anything else after this.

Vorheez

Fantano echoes my sentiments on Blank Face pretty well. I would probably give it a 6, but Fantano is spot on as usual. I don't know how anyone can listen to 10 minutes worth of valid points, provide no retorts whatsoever, and be satisfied with saying "fantano? lol he's dumb"

Album is just not that good guys. Still Brazy is Still Better

There's no way Blankface isn't superior to Oxymoron, aside from maybe Prescription Drugs which is a top three Q track

Don't agree on anything in oxymoron being a top 3 Q track but yeah blank face is far superior to oxymoron and wtf at the notion of a YG album being better. Even the good one, krazy life, ain't got shit on this and especially HnC. Possibly even setbacks honestly.

HiiiLife

Fantano echoes my sentiments on Blank Face pretty well. I would probably give it a 6, but Fantano is spot on as usual. I don't know how anyone can listen to 10 minutes worth of valid points, provide no retorts whatsoever, and be satisfied with saying "fantano? lol he's dumb"

MKL and Stll Brazy...YG the gawd.

Helmholtz

Outside of a few tracks, mainly the singles he released a while back, I was pretty underwhelmed.

I mean some of the songs are pretty aimless, and the rapping isn't strong. Rating this album a 5 isn't that egregious.

And yeah, some substance in the disagreements with fantano would be nice.

Ninja Dom

Young Metro got an album out.

Savage Mode by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin. Brand new.

Listen to Savage Mode by 21 Savage & Metro Boomin on @AppleMusic.

https://itun.es/gb/CqcLdb

Or am I late with this? Drake was playing tracks off this on his OVO Radio show this morning on Beats 1.

The album is great and i really enjoy it a lot. He may have some valid points but they really don;t bother me at all. I started listening to the album soon as it was out without having read any review and i just really enjoyed it a lot. The fact that he;s giving 7's or even 8's to albums that really dont deserve it and this he gives a 5...is beyond me. But at the end of the day it's all about opinions.

The Game has a Mobile game coming out soon and there will be 10 new tracks in the OST.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/the-games-block-wars-ost-tracklist-revealed-news.22912.html?

Courage

Really? Because to me he tried to explicitly find some narrative/concept, when there's one already there and just couldn't understand it.

Exodust

Banned
I busted out laughing when he said Collard Greens was a good song lol.

I like Collard Greens, it's one of the few tracks I go back to on Oxy.

Blank Face is definitely way better than Oxy. Don't know why y'all put so much stock in Fantano's reviews, though. He doesn't really affect me strongly either way.

Vorheez

Really? Because to me he tried to explicitly find some narrative/concept, when there's one already there and just couldn't understand it.
What narrative is that? I made similar complaints a few pages ago about how the album is a mess, with wild ups and downs, and no consistency throughout. Even just a simple rearrangement of the tracklist and a few songs cut would make it a better album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom