• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
please-hammer-dont-hurt-em-525446d27b6cb.jpg
Y'all got me feeling mighty old and dusty right now LOL
Hammer on cassette was my first rap album.
First rap cd was Outkast - ATLiens though.

HiiiLife

If BDC flop then Miguel truly certified the goat R&B artist this generation. One upped him with Kaleidoscope and Wildheart was smooooooooth.

Fjordson

If the clips people are posting in the Frank thread are actually on the album then it could be great. Sounds like it won't be just another modern R&B record.

HiiiLife

The music has aged like milk though. That's the real problem.

That and well...going back and listening to a guy rapping about raping his mother and killing his BM for 8 million albums straight is just cringeworthy. It was cool in 3rd grade.

Dudes technical ability is amazing....too bad he can't make a good song tho. Lol.

That and well...going back and listening to a guy rapping about raping his mother and killing his BM for 8 million albums straight is just cringeworthy. It was cool in 3rd grade.

Dudes technical ability is amazing....too bad he can't make a good song tho. Lol.

Cool in 3rd grade? I can't speak for others, but Kim is still a very powerful song to listen to. It has nothing to do with shock value.

HiiiLife

Cool in 3rd grade? I can't speak for others, but Kim is still a very powerful song to listen to. It has nothing to do with shock value.

A guy rapping about slitting his wife's throat and screaming into my ears? Yeah. That was cool in 3rd grade when I played it on volume 2 when my parents were downstairs. Lol.

A guy rapping about slitting his wife's throat and screaming into my ears? Yeah. That was cool in 3rd grade when I played it on volume 2 when my parents were downstairs. Lol.

You aren't understanding what I'm getting at. Some of us do listen to his music because we find his music compelling, and your opinion isn't the only one that matters. Anytime Eminem comes up here, there's a weird and strange reaction to those who genuinely enjoy his music, and apparently your reaction is the only one that matters? Of course not.

HiiiLife

You aren't understanding what I'm getting at. Some of us do listen to his music because we find his music compelling, and your opinion isn't the only one that matters. Anytime Eminem comes up here, there's a weird and strange reaction to those who genuinely enjoy his music, and apparently your reaction is the only one that matters? I think not.

If you listen to him for those reasons, then more power to you. I dunno how you got that from my comments. I'm just voicing my opinions about his music, the current state of it, and how it has personally aged to me. And I'm not alone.

If you listen to him for those reasons, then more power to you. I dunno how you got that from my comments. I'm just voicing my opinions about his music, the current state of it, and how it has personally aged to me. And I'm not alone.

Only thin skinned fan boys really care what others think about their favorite rappers, I agree. That said, every time Eminem comes up here, the backlash on this forum makes for some pretty obnoxious drive by posting that kind of derail potential for discussion amongst those who simply like his music and want to talk about it. Say, if someone who comes in here and wants to discuss his best songs, you know there are going to be tons of people derailing the conversation's original context with baseless comments about how shitty his music it is.

HiiiLife

That's fine, but every time Eminem comes up, the backlash on this forum makes for some pretty obnoxious drive by posting that kind of derail potential for discussion amongst those who simply like his music and want to talk about it. Say, if someone who comes in here and wants to discuss his best songs, you know there are going to be tons of people derailing the conversation's original context with baseless comments about how shitty his music it is.

I've stated plenty of times that SSLP-TES will always hold a special place to me along with Relapse. Again, I was one of the few in this community that voiced that years ago here. I'm not just shitting on him via drive by posts bro lol. But I just can't get through those albums like I used to, unfortunately.

I'd imagine if you discussed his best songs here people wouldn't mind giving you a decent amount of opinions of his shit (albeit probably his olddddd shit). Stimulate is still his number 1 track that never was officially released.

I used to love him growing up as a kid just going by the singles, it just doesn't click with me like it use to.

You grew up. No self respecting adult is going around bumping shit like "The Real Slim Shady" anymore.

Shame we were too young to grasp the tragic irony of him creating music for the same target demographic of the popstars he constantly attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom