• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

People comparing Summer Sixteen to Takeover
mjlol.png

Meek Mill - War Pain

Location, Toronto, status - five star hotel, Four Seasons. Them chumps right upstairs, they know not to come up here playin' no real niggas. Mood, I'm still up countin' five hundred thousand cash. Nicki in the bedroom sleep, life is good

Drake - Summertime Sixteen

Looking for revenge
Out in front of Four Seasons
Looking like a damn football team
All in the same thing
All repping one thing
Looking for revenge

I’m just a sicko a real sicko when you get to know me nigga
I let the diss record drop you were standing right below me, nigga

We must have played it a hundred times, you was going to bed
Why would I put on a vest I expect you to aim for the head?
I coulda killed you the first time
You don’t have to try to say it louder nigga
We could hear you the first time

Summer Sixteen

Used to wanna be on Rocafella then I turned into Jay

War Pain

Said OVO chain pipe, take that shit
Said dreamin' wasn't enough, we had to chase that shit
You ain't writin' nigga, we caught ya, can't erase that shit
And you clamin' you HOV now? Why you state that shit?

Summer Sixteen
All you boys in the new Toronto want to be me a little

You was never gang, gang, gang, gang, you was never one of us
Had us fooled for a minute now we done all grown up
But I’m better off anyway, y’all never gon’ finish Drake
Say you seeing ‘bout it when you see me man y’all never home anyway
Thought of things that you shoulda said, said things that you shouldn’t say
We even gave you the whole money play and ya’ll still broke to this day
“Oh it’s your time now” yeah, that’s what everybody say

War Pain

Robbed you in your city and you told
Tory is from the 6, you hatin' on him, Lord knows
Culture vulture, now it's time to pay the tolls
Soft as the lacrosse team, boy that's word to HOV
No reply, word to God I'm on the floor still
Me and Nicki watchin' the Sixers
, I'm closin' more deals

TheTurboFD

He mentions Drake calling himself Hov

Has Drake said that before, because if not then damn

Apparently it has to do with his line on "I'm On One" where he says “I’m just feelin’ like the throne is for the taking, Watch me take it".

Edit: Beaten by previous poster! :p

Also, damn revenge has drake talking about being in toronto in the 4 seasons and meek on War Pain is in the same hotel calling out drake saying he knows better than to come down LOL that's boss.

Fjordson

Meek track corny as usual.

Disappointed Drake put more subliminals on an album track. Dragging out this stale beef way too long. Focus on the album mang.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
drake throwing shots at tory lanez and the weeknd?
All you boys in the new Toronto want to be me a little
All your ex’s (X) know I like my O’s with a V in the middle (weeknd = xo)
I think Drake used New Toronto before Tory.

Tory has been kind of standoffish and being needlessly antagonistic. I remember he said he had no idea where the term the 6 came from, like FOH lol

TheTurboFD

Disappointed Drake put more subliminals on an album track. Dragging out this stale beef way too long. Focus on the album mang.

What made it corny?

"Meek Mill standing and laughing right next to Warriors bench/huddle. No player looked pleased with him. To put it nicely."

"Barnes hits go ahead 3. ...Meek Mill now leaving arena w/ .4 seconds left. So much for that."

snoop.png

https://twitter.com/ROSGO21/status/693589363310071808

(tweets are from Warriors sideline reporter from the game in Philly)

Rap beef now a days, instead of listening to raps to determine who's winning they'd rather see what time someone leaves a game lol

The fact that it wasn't a Drake track.

Oh now it all makes sense

"Meek Mill standing and laughing right next to Warriors bench/huddle. No player looked pleased with him. To put it nicely."

"Barnes hits go ahead 3. ...Meek Mill now leaving arena w/ .4 seconds left. So much for that."

snoop.png

https://twitter.com/ROSGO21/status/693589363310071808

(tweets are from Warriors sideline reporter from the game in Philly)
was he supposed to stay? game was over. Sixers got the moral victory.

Syntsui

You hating for the sake of hating, it was straight fire. If he used something like this before no one would have clown him.

Eos

OVO chain?
I think Drake used New Toronto before Tory.

Tory has been kind of standoffish and being needlessly antagonistic. I remember he said he had no idea where the term the 6 came from, like FOH lol
LOL that's hilarious. He tweeted a couple months back for people to stop referring to Toronto as the 6 but some of his past tweets have him calling it the 6 too. I guess he's mad that as a upcoming artist from the 6 he never got a Drake cosign/shout out.

This is what he should have dropped during the beef. I don't know why he keeps going at him; it's over now.

Yeah, War Pain is better than anything he put out during the actual fight; the problem is that it's done and dusted at this point. He's not going to get over that hump with direct responses.

CoolOff

Just as I was starting to warm up to Drake after WATTBA... His flow just feels... cheesy? These lines you're quoting like it's some fire, I just don't get it.

Fjordson

Damn, y'all feisty tonight.

My bad, Meek track was dope. And this beef is definitely still super relevant. Wonder if Drake can even release the album now =/

Yeah, War Pain is better than anything he put out during the actual fight; the problem is that it's done and dusted at this point. He's not going to get over that hump with direct responses.
I agree, though I guess Drake is also still keeping this going with some of the lines on Summer Sixteen. Which was pointless imo.

FZZ

Banned

How is it over when Drake just dropped a single talking about him

Eos

Idk if War Pain would have made much of a difference if he released it during July. Drake just has too many stans that in the long run it'd probably be same situation as it is now.

overcast

That drake song is okay. His flow is pretty poor that first half.
Damn, y'all feisty tonight.

My bad, Meek track was dope. And this beef is definitely still super relevant. Wonder if Drake can even release the album now =/
And you're coming off a little sensitive here breh. Coming with subliminals and not quoting anyone.

Inspired by Drizzy eh? 😏

Idk if War Pain would have made much of a difference if he released it during July. Drake just has too many stans that in the long run it'd probably be same situation as it is now.

Yea its not going to be fair like in the past. Nas is considered the winner of the jay/nas battle despite him being the underdog back then. It's not the same now though.

Not feeling the March Madness remix. Nas flow doesn't fit the beat at all. He is on auto pilot.

Yea his flow is sped up to keep up with the beat, still like it for the most part.

I agree, though I guess Drake is also still keeping this going with some of the lines on Summer Sixteen. Which was pointless imo.

Kinda, yeah, but I think it was more of a gloat/reminder than a new barrage or anything like that. It's a track full of a lot of shots, reminding people of the Meek Mill thing is bound to come up. I don't blame people for thinking it's lame, though, it does come off as a bit of gravedancing.

How is it over when Drake just dropped a single talking about him

I don't mean it's "over" as in they should stop rapping about it or that the beef is over forever, I mean it's over in that the shots Meek originally fired at Drake - you used a ghostwriter, etc - didn't land. If Meek wants to get one over Drake at this point he needs a new angle of attack, not just a response to a diss at someone else (Tory) and bringing up the ghostwriter thing again. If he wants to keep the fight alive by responding at all, he needs to throw different punches.

Syntsui

Thinking about it, this March Madness is the definition of Nas' career. Ridiculously good verse that would be a better song with another beat.

Fjordson

It felt a little out of place but I dunno, still pretty hype.

I'm also really feeling that Rihanna track (Tame Impala remix?). Need to check out Anti after hearing that.

FZZ

Banned
Kinda, yeah, but I think it was more of a gloat/reminder than a new barrage or anything like that. It's a track full of a lot of shots, reminding people of the Meek Mill thing is bound to come up. I don't blame people for thinking it's lame, though, it does come off as a bit of gravedancing.

I don't mean it's "over" as in they should stop rapping about it or that the beef is over forever, I mean it's over in that the shots Meek originally fired at Drake - you used a ghostwriter, etc - didn't land. If Meek wants to get one over Drake at this point he needs a new angle of attack, not just a response to a diss at someone else (Tory) and bringing up the ghostwriter thing again. If he wants to keep the fight alive by responding at all, he needs to throw different punches.

Ahh alright I agree.

At the very least Meek can still win the street back. Drake fans are everywhere else.

Courage

That Rihanna album is definitely her best one sonically. The second half is kinda boring and the Travis Scott track is trash, but as a whole it's much better than what I was expecting.

Nibel

War Pain is like throwing an actually good steak on a smoker that has was turned off months ago instead when the barbecue was still lit; kinda sad how Drake has set up a tent in dude's mind

Nas on an actually worthwhile beat is always pleasing to hear

Summer Sixteen is a straight banger and I agree that there is some leak in the OVO chain or label since Meek's track sounds very tailored as an direct answer

Eos

That Rihanna album is definitely her best one sonically. The second half is kinda boring and the Travis Scott track is trash, but as a whole it's much better than what I was expecting.

Really? I thought Woo was great. Love the beat.

Nabs

Nice......probably far more. I also found out that my Deluxe Edition of Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein is out of print...maybe it will accumulate price over time as well.

Karma got me before I could even find where I put the CD. Oh well, I'll just listen to it on their bandcamp for now.

Oh shit. It's been 10 years?! Fpaondfoaindfuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haven't listened to the Meek tape yet but interesting to see he's still collaborating with Future. I guess "you're just a battle rapper" on WATTBA wasn't a shot at Meek?

Have a feeling Pray For Em is going to be one of the hardest tracks all year TBH.

EDIT: Also even if it's too little too late, I think Meek just putting out good music will put him on a path to recovery. People like Ross have survived worse (although social media will hurt him more than it did then).

OK, wow. I will wait a few more weeks. Thanks, didn't even know this!'

But fucking hell, that's quite a bit of material. Maybe they'll release the album by itself? Shit seems expensive, and I don't like the album enough to spend that much money. Hell, I can't think of a single album in which I would spend that much on a deluxe edition, especially maybe a band like Opeth.

Meek gotta let Drake go and just concentrate on making the good music again. Also lol at him letting Omelly jump on his rebuttal track and ruin that shit.

But the Gawd on that March Madness remix
qfZcbC4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom