• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>>>> no more parties in la in terms of just freestyle-esque tracks.

the second beat should have been the whole track though.

nas march madness though. phew. that and the rick ross stuff is what nas sounds like on good beats. he should try it more.

Koozek

shoutouts to koozek
Oh, hey! Why, though? :>

EDIT: Watching the FFXV stream? People are blown away apparently. Will watch the footage later, mhmmm.

EDIT2: Lol, knew it. I will, I will. ATR starts in 5min, probably with a direct-feed upload simultaneously.

Nabs

u628hBI.png

July is forever.

Fjordson

Oh, hey! Why, though? :>

EDIT: Watching the FFXV stream? People are blown away apparently. Will watch the footage later, mhmmm.

EDIT2: Lol, knew it. I will, I will. ATR starts in 5min, probably with a direct-feed upload simultaneously.
The footage looked nice as hell tbh.

I'm super hesitant to trust Squenix these days, but I'm starting to get hyped.

Fuck, I just don't like new Drake at all, R&B, nighttime driving music Drake was leagues better than over-aggressive braggadocios Drake.

War Pain > Summer 16

Meek winning this round so far IMO, Summer 16 had lazy lyrics by Drake
Complex is saying Meek dropped his shit 30 minutes after Drakes song....dude was chillin at the 76ers game all evening, the dude had an inside scoop on that shit.
#levelstothisshit

I really like the beats on that Drake track. Both simple loops, but it works because the track's short.

This track as a single though? nahhh

what are you guys thoughts on Islah? overall i enjoyed it, but all my favorites were the songs they released earlier. Not the Only One is pretty good though, i love the sirens used in the background

HiiiLife

Fuck, I just don't like new Drake at all, R&B, nighttime driving music Drake was leagues better than over-aggressive braggadocios Drake.

This. Been saying that Take Care cruise the city at night vibes is peak Drake. Ninjas never wanna listen. Boy dont wanna be moody no mo.

I still don't mind aggressive Aubz every now & then like 5AM in Toronto for example but braggadocio? I dug it on 9AM In Dallas. How calm he was on that.

what are you guys thoughts on Islah? overall i enjoyed it, but all my favorites were the songs they released earlier. Not the Only One is pretty good though, i love the sirens used in the background

Time For That & Pride contenders for best songs of Jan.

Nibel

Courage turning this thread into Lipstick Alley with his pop recommendations

Damn I really might give Rih a spin huh

Edit: holy shit she went platinum in less than 48 hours, now that's power

Grzi

That beat No ID made for"Higher" on Rihanna's album had to have been given to Kanye at some point. Vintage Kanye sound right there.
Rihanna still made a great song out of it.

Bowlie

Banned
That beat No ID made for"Higher" on Rihanna's album had to have been given to Kanye at some point. Vintage Kanye sound right there.
Rihanna still made a great song out of it.

Just heard it, man. I wish it was longer, it was really powerful!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why is it like this on Aftermath? Don't they like releasing records?

I don't understand it, either. So many good artists going to waste. Paak and Connor get to join illustrious alums like Eve, Bishop Lamont, Rae and Rakim. Connor has been signed since 2013 and hasn't been able to drop shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't understand it, either. So many good artists going to waste. Paak and Connor get to join illustrious alums like Eve, Bishop Lamont, Rae and Rakim. Connor has been signed since 2013 and hasn't been able to drop shit.
Joell Ortiz too.

I think 50 hit it on the nose, Aftermath has pretty much just turned into a promotional unit and publishing body for Beats and now Apple. Part of that is that in the past decade they haven't been searching for new stars so much as helping sustain their big ones and doing some smaller deals Dre pressures them into that they just end up cutting their losses with a few years later.

Nas please stop playing with my emotions and drop an album.
With respect to this, is there a good quality of that remix out there yet or are people just using the radio rip?

Hi guys. Let's see..

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - ATL
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Dunno, I guess whatever Kanye does
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kanye, Jay Z, Mase, Cam'ron, Gucci
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Radiohead, Tame Impala, Portishead
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? 2015: Barter 6. Too early for 2016 but that Kevin Gates bangs
6. What are you listening to right now? - Barter 6 still
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? I listen to DS1 more than DS2. Haven't heard Life After Death lol.
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) Kanye West: MBDTF>CD>Graduation>Yeezus>808s>LR. All classics or near classics.

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? Traps getting really interesting. New Kanye
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? Meth I guess
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Hov, Pac, Thugger
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Waves
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? Underrated: Thugger. Overrated: Kendrick
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? I use baby wipes, nuff said.
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Both
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? When I was younger, but now? No
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? Rihanna
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... Nothing...but I had a meeting with Travis Scott two weeks ago. Fun guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom