• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
Updating the boring saga of my opinion of Jeffrey vs Vince...

Find myself listening to Jeffrey more and even his high pitched dolphin impersonations are growing on me.

Updating the boring saga of my opinion of Jeffrey vs Vince...

Find myself listening to Jeffrey more and even his high pitched dolphin impersonations are growing on me.

Why not both? They're nothing alike, and Vince's EP is so short. Just enjoy all the great music that recently popped into the universe.

mooooose

jeffery is still pretty great. not as great as other thug projects but he's still one of the best and he definitely experimented and has some interesting material on it

sremmlife 2 has great production but it's overall pretty bad and i was hype for it too

ARK322

Neo Member
If you are looking for the soundtrack to your last hurrah high school party before you and your friends go off to college on the one weekend when your parents are out of town, you have every right to listen to Rae Sremmurd.

If the above scenario does not apply to you, you need to hang that shit up.

Tokubetsu

If you are looking for the soundtrack to your last hurrah high school party before you and your friends go off to college on the one weekend when your parents are out of town, you have every right to listen to Rae Sremmurd.

If the above scenario does not apply to you, you need to hang that shit up.

H1mTg2c.gif

m3k

For those who may listen to Badu, what's her best work?

Finally going to give her a chance.

erykah? ive only listened to baduism and world wide underground... baduism is a great over all album... but worldwide underground has a couple of great songs

start with baduism

CoolOff

So, some thoughts on things recommended to me:

Kembe X - Uneven, but when the album is good it's freaking great. The album I've played the most in the last month.

Denmark Vessey - Not sold. The groovy production feels a bit cheap sometimes. Black Love is great though.

Kemba - Holy shit this guy can write.

T Dollarz

So, some thoughts on things recommended to me:

Kembe X - Uneven, but when the album is good it's freaking great. The album I've played the most in the last month.

Denmark Vessey - Not sold. The groovy production feels a bit cheap sometimes. Black Love is great though.

Kemba - Holy shit this guy can write.

Really enjoyed the Kembe X and Denmark Vessey, not so much the Kemba as it came off as pretty preachy to me.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is there any other R&B album that comes close to the Weeknd's Trilogy? It has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. That shit is perfection.

And I just started listening to Coloring Book. Great album, No Problem is dope af.

T Dollarz

Is there any other R&B album that comes close to the Weeknd's Trilogy? It has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. That shit is perfection.

And I just started listening to Coloring Book. Great album, No Problem is dope af.

House of Balloons I would agree, but the rest of Trilogy was super meh to me.

Coloring Book is solid but nothing special for me. No Problem is definitely a highlight.

Hitta93

Banned
I want to get into migos' shit. What's the best album or mixtape to start with?

Sadly. It's all downhill from there.
erykah? ive only listened to baduism and world wide underground... baduism is a great over all album... but worldwide underground has a couple of great songs

start with baduism

Mama's Gun is her best album, no doubt
Thanks.

Coloring Book is solid but nothing special for me.

I fell for the hype. Only track I even remotely go back to is How Great.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
House of Balloons I would agree, but the rest of Trilogy was super meh to me.

Coloring Book is solid but nothing special for me. No Problem is definitely a highlight.
Nah man Echoes of Silence is just as dope.

If you liked that you will like the Noname tape too. She had a feature on Coloring Book and the sound is similar:

https://soundcloud.com/noname/sets/telefone
Thanks, I'll check it out.

The hell is that suppose to mean....

MoodyFog

I mean if you're willing to go as far back as Bobby Brown, R Kelly, Marvin Gaye and all that you'll find dozens of R&B albums that shit on The Weekend's

nortonff

I mean if you're willing to go as far back as Bobby Brown, R Kelly, Marvin Gaye and all that you'll find dozens of R&B albums that shit on The Weekend's

I know about all that, its just not the same type of R&B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom