• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

third side of tape > mista thug isolation

lil ugly mane is a better producer than rapper and mista thug isolation feels too much like a three six mafia ripoff
FVAxP8U.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just thought of the perfect mashup for Formation & tHat Part, but I dun know shit about production so the world will never hear it's greatness.

feelsbadman.jpg

Courage

Mista Thug Isolation was fun since it was a tongue in cheek homage to the chopped and screwed and Memphis sounds with a modern twist while sounding fresh and novel at the time. After he started buying more into his image and becoming edge lord spergtastic about it, his music turned heavy handed with some admittedly great production and an impressive variety of genres and styles, but still forced as a whole.

Koozek

Birds is cool! More straight-forward than Rodeo, which makes it an easier listen. Not DBR-level, but maybe I need a few more listens.

Is it my speakers or are there some serious clipping issues on a bunch of these new Trav songs?
I didn't notice anything, but isn't that a typical complaint about Mike Dean's mixes since MDTF?

Well....at least they're old.

I find it pretty amazing how Western Culture has spread to Asian countries. I see Asian folk hanging out with American people at my school all the time, and they're much more influenced by Hip-Hop Culture.

Eos

If there's a couple things Travis will never get wrong, it will always be features and production. All the beats are great and every feature works well, Travis always knows the right person to put on the right track. Kendrick feature is dope but the high pitched voice he keeps doing is WOAT, hope he stops with that shit. I was surprised to see 3 stacks as well but he killed it. Also, that was probably the best Cudi feature in years imo, hopefully it's a sign for his next album. Overall, I think it's weaker than Rodeo but still a good album.
Astroworld in stores soon
awful inconsiderate of travis to drop on a friday when the garbage man's not here till tuesday

ride for albums "not as cohesive" as rodeo brehs
giphy.gif

Why all the song titles lowercase though. Had to change that quick, Trav fucking up my tags.

But what do y'all put in iTunes? Travis Scott or Travi$ Scott? This is important.
Travis Scott, it looks better

Fjordson

Yeah, Travi$ looks kinda weird.

And I agree about the features. He made even Cudi sound dope in 2016. I said wow.

edit: only negative is I wish Bieber had actually been on Biebs in the Trap.

Syntsui

Yeah, Travi$ looks kinda weird.

And I agree about the features. He made even Cudi sound dope in 2016. I said wow.

edit: only negative is I wish Bieber had actually been on Biebs in the Trap.
I wonder what happened there. I thought beibs was a Travis Scott stan.

Travis Scott's album is aight. Some good tracks but it just kinda coasts along not doing much, and Scott's vocal performance has become predictable.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Opened the thread to have very serious discussions about hip hop music but I'm just sitting here laughing at the Andrew hazing.

T Dollarz

Travis Scott's album is aight. Some good tracks but it just kinda coasts along not doing much, and Scott's vocal performance has become predictable.

That's where I'm at after one listen. The highs are really high, but too much of it is just some weak, poppy BS. It definitely doesn't touch Days Before Rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom