• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the song titles lowercase though. Had to change that quick, Trav fucking up my tags.

But what do y'all put in iTunes? Travis Scott or Travi$ Scott? This is important.

capital letters are overrated

yo birds in the trap sing mcknight is whatever, kinda meanders. scott has a great sound but he's boring as fuck. liking a few songs tho and man i'm really liking the features. kid cudi should harmonize on everybody's album. that's what he's good for, and people are realizing it now.

ARK322

Neo Member
Listened to Birds through my headphones and it's even more apparent how bad the mix is. Probably even worse than OG Pablo, with infinitely less chance of getting fixed at a later date. Mike Dean is out here ruining potentially good albums.

he should pivot to a dj khaled career of just ad libbing and giving these hot beats to other artists. this guy is his projects worst enemy right now imo.

pick up the phone still the best track. so smooth.

edit: coordinate, sweet sweet and through the night are great too. will come back to these 4.

Eos

hahaha15xud5.gif
Kenny in my top 5 oat but I can't fuck with that annoying voice he does

dude his voice is absolute trash in goosebumps. worst feature of the album, sounds like a christmas elf gone rogue.

btw does anybody think the hook from coordinate sounds familiar? i swear i heard that melody before brehs, love it but man it's real familiar

IrishNinja

Andrew has quite literally the whitest persona I have ever come across in my time traversing the Internet's boundless frontiers.

my main chedz & veiny are off the hook now

i'm bustin balls but you're right, it's not my favorite thing either
part of me legit worries i'll be listening to his shit down the road & get vibes of when em thought that middle eastern voice thing was so cool

Eos

i'm bustin balls but you're right, it's not my favorite thing either
part of me legit worries i'll be listening to his shit down the road & get vibes of when em thought that middle eastern voice thing was so cool
Yo that's exactly how I'd compare it. Em's accent was equally as bad.
Disagree, I think Kendrick's verse is hot as fuck. Really dig when he does those cool things with his voice
I didn't mind it on some of the tracks on TPAB but dude's been doing it on every song and feature ever since. Needs to bring the section 80/gkmc voice back.

Not white?

How?

Andrew has quite literally the whitest persona I have ever come across in my time traversing the Internet's boundless frontiers.

I'm pretty sure my "whiteness" will push away other rap fans from wanting to associate with me, but I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks if my "whiteness" somehow precludes me from loving this music. Trust me, if I were bothered by my whiteness, I would have stopped listening to rap a long time ago.

FZZ

Banned
this birds tape has actually got me thinking about brown/south asian people using nigga

I'm south asian and I have used it a couple times myself, but I always catch myself and try not to say it

fuck man Nav got me introspecting and shit while he raps about white girls doing coke im done

this birds tape has actually got me thinking about brown/south asian people using nigga

I'm south asian and I have used it a couple times myself, but I always catch myself and try not to say it

fuck man Nav got me introspecting and shit while he raps about white girls doing coke im done

I don't use it ever. That's my take on its usage.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I keep thinking Kevin Parker from Tame Impala would be a great hip-hop producer. You can hear it in stuff like Past Life and Let It Happen. I think he'd probably lean more on the cloudrap/pop-rap side of things though.

Hitta93

Banned
for real? nelly ain't put in work on that pop-rap lane?

Not saying he didn't, but Drake is probably the successor to Nelly at this point in his career.

I wouldn't say Nelly influenced him though only due to the drastic differences in rap music they make.

Will also like to make my weekly "Google Play Music sucks" post and
put some respeck on Cudi's name.

OG Kush

AJ Tracey is fully killing the UK game right now. Really good to see how big he comes. Naila was my and my boys anthem for a month or 2. Shame the video sucks.
Also, his tune with Dave bangs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQTsZGvVUbs

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

South Asian here, I don't use it at all, but I know a ton of South Asian people that do. Same deal for everyone into hip-hop and doesn't care enough about everything that comes with the word, I assume.

Also, Nav is pretty dope. La Flame putting me on to people in my own city :cryfam

EDIT: I've actually heard this Up song before hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom