• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
obama.png

Not to mention a call back to Gangsta Gangsta.

HiiiLife

HiResDes

It's unfathomable that you can have an album with such great production and nearly flawless feature selection and it still come together like shit. It sounds like Scott is even worst on the mic, it's incredible, just really flat sounding completely smothered under the myriad of bells and whistles packed into each and every track.

HiiiLife

It's unfathomable that you can have an album with such great production and nearly flawless selection and it still come together like shit. It sounds like Scott is even worst on the mic, it's incredible, just really flat sounding completely smothered under the myriad of bells and whistles packed into each and every track.

Yeah the tracks I do fuck with off his projects I enjoy a lot. But I can't make it thru the rest.

Koozek hook me up with a compilation

Tokubetsu

It's unfathomable that you can have an album with such great production and nearly flawless selection and it still come together like shit. It sounds like Scott is even worst on the mic, it's incredible, just really flat sounding completely smothered under the myriad of bells and whistles packed into each and every track.

Mike Dean mixing thrown in with I think the fact that Travis has always been weak. He's a tastemaker. He samples figuratively all the flavors right now and can reproduce them to a certain to dgree but any knowledgeable ear can tell what's missing.

Imo this means he's perfect for EDM skrillex esque trap shit like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ib5yLSdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhKub975yg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA_uTf9wCG0

but he's not cut out to be a stand alone or "album" artist

FZZ

Banned
It's unfathomable that you can have an album with such great production and nearly flawless feature selection and it still come together like shit. It sounds like Scott is even worst on the mic, it's incredible, just really flat sounding completely smothered under the myriad of bells and whistles packed into each and every track.

Idk I understand your complaints Des and for almost any other artist I think I'd wholeheartedly agree, but the production is so good and the way these tracks are sequenced and things such as the beat switch on Way Back are done so elegantly that it makes it worth treading through Travis's vocals.

That's how I felt after listening oh my dis side and 3500 back to back when I first jumped into a Travis project last year with Rodeo, and it still holds up

He does use auto tune effectively despite all his shortcomings vocally too

Idk he is definitely not the best rapper or vocalist, but the way he can arrange and utilize his production is just so good. It really reminds me of Ye

Damn this is my stanniest post of all time

Eos

Travis is basically a more trap oriented ye but less talented. They both got good ears for beats and features,and know how to put together songs. Ye just at another level, talent wise. But Travis can make a cohesive album. Rodeo flows nice, from beginning to end. Birds is not really organized, he just picks some tracks that sounded dope and threw them together.

On a side note, guidance is the worst track on the album and the original wonderful w/o the weeknd would've fit better.

Speaking of Drake, I gave Nothing Was The Same some spins, and I definitely like it more than Views and IFRTITL The production is particularly strong, especially those atmospheric piano samples.

HiiiLife

Speaking of Drake, I gave Nothing Was The Same some spins, and I definitely like it more than Views and IFRTITL The production is particularly strong, especially those atmospheric piano samples.

You need to check So Far Gone and Take Care then.

I'm still in the camp that feel Take Care is his best work he'll ever put out.

SFG is basically the mixtape that started this run he's been on for 6+ years.

You need to check So Far Gone and Take Care then.

I'm still in the camp that feel Take Care is his best work he'll ever put out.

SFG is basically the mixtape that started this run he's been on for 6+ years.

Yep, Take Care will be next soon. I can actually find a used copy for a buck if I want it.

Eos

Favourite drake album since it has the most replayable songs for me. You & the 6 and maybe 6pm in new york are the only tracks I didn't really like. Even that wasteman pnd managed to not ruin the tracks he was on.

Favourite drake album since it has the most replayable songs for me. You & the 6 and maybe 6pm in new york are the only tracks I didn't really like. Even that wasteman pnd managed to not ruin the tracks he was on.

I think Own it might be my favorite Drake song. The beat drop....whew.

HiiiLife

Andrew have you checked his Stay Schemin verse or 5am in Toronto?

Just a couple prime examples of when he's actually rapping his ass off and not singing

Prolly couple of my favorite pieces of work from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom