• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
Production is incredible on Zay's album. Incredible. He has such an amazing ear and even when obviously fucked up and seemingly out of it, he still delivers a solid fucking project. Hope he gets his shit together and can murder shit on album two.

after a few listens of Isaiah's new project I'd give it a strong 6/10. I'm glad those interviews came out about his drug abuse struggles and Top Dawg not releasing any of his shit because it's really apparent on the project.A lot of these songs aren't very well put together.

He gets out shined by the production on every single song. Kendrick has the best verse on the entire project, Jay Rock did his thing too.

His verses are way too slurred and the mumble flow got old quick. On a good majority of the tracks he really ain't saying shit either. The production is very nice and makes for one of the smoothest listens of the year. Just disappointed in Zaywop's effort on the tracks.

Disappointed but dope project. I'm sure he can produce a project of CD's quality as he gets healthier.
I thought Jay Rock had the best feature,on this and on the That Part Remix.

T Dollarz

Damn, this Zay is smooth as fuck. Not getting the "mumbling" problem that I see people complaining about. Isaiah riding this production quite well.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I can't fucking believe I'll finally ride thru this weekend listening to BITTSM.

Bacon

Most of Kendrick's guest verses this year haven't hit that hard with me but the one on Isaiah's album is just.... Damn

HiResDes

I don't think people get Rashad overall and his niche. I've seen numerous comparisons of Rashad to Kendrick and honestly that's part of the problem. Rashads subject matter and heavily southern influenced flow have more in common with guys like Tut, Lucki Ecks, and maybe early Q. He's never been very preachy or into delivering messages. He's more of a somber savage. In some ways he's easier to relate to because he's rapping from within this deplorable state rather than some sort of sage enlightenment. I love Suns Tirade. I can understand the mumbling quite easily, it's part of the drugged out persona that Rashad is constantly battling throughout the album.

T Dollarz

I don't think people get Rashad overall and his niche. I've seen numerous comparisons of Rashad to Kendrick and honestly that's part of the problem. Rashads subject matter and heavily southern influenced flow have more in common with guys like Tut, Lucki Ecks, and maybe early Q. He's never been very preachy or into delivering messages. He's more of a somber savage. In some ways he's easier to relate to because he's rapping from within this deplorable state rather than some sort of sage enlightenment. I love Suns Tirade. I can understand the mumbling quite easily, it's part of the drugged out persona that Rashad is constantly battling throughout the album.

Yes and yes.

How have we got blessed with four potential top ten end of year list albums in a two week period, and Travi$ supposed to drop tonight too? SHEESH. These cats need to slow down, I need time to digest this shit bruh.

Rooster12

Production is incredible on Zay's album. Incredible. He has such an amazing ear and even when obviously fucked up and seemingly out of it, he still delivers a solid fucking project. Hope he gets his shit together and can murder shit on album two.

Don't think the production is as good as his last one

Still solid though

Yes and yes.

How have we got blessed with four potential top ten end of year list albums in a two week period, and Travi$ supposed to drop tonight too? SHEESH. These cats need to slow down, I need time to digest this shit bruh.

yeah, it's getting to a point where I have to pick which albums release I have to ignore and go back to later, so I can properly digest them and give them the attention I want to.

Edit: This Rashad album is great. I love it. I'm not finished with it, but so far so good.

I'll have to give the Rashad project another hard listen. The first track was great but after that it just meandered to me. Production was cool, Outkast-y. But there's so little energy, and the melodies aren't nearly strong enough to compensate.

I haven't heard someone get straight bodied on their own stuff as hard as this in awhile. If I could appropriate a saying from west coast black hip hop culture, both Kendrick and Jay Rock crushed the proverbial building.

Rooster12

I haven't heard someone get straight bodied on their own stuff as hard as this in awhile. If I could appropriate a saying from west coast black hip hop culture, both Kendrick and Jay Rock crushed the proverbial building.

Chances are you're gonna get fucking bodied if Kendrick appears on your album.

And I don't think Rashad really cares about that either way

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just said he'll never open for another artist again and it's lame as hell :lol

Guess that's why he didn't open for Kanye for the Saint Pablo tour

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
BITTSM official tracklist:

1. The Ends
  2. Way Back
  3. Coordinate
  4. Through The Late Night
  5. Birds in The Trap
  6. SDP Interlude
  7. Sweet Sweet
  8. Outside
  9. Goosebumps
  10. First Take
  11. Pick Up The Phone
  12. Lose
  13. Guidance
  14. Wonderful
No features tho yet...and no The Hooch.

HiResDes

I'll have to give the Rashad project another hard listen. The first track was great but after that it just meandered to me. Production was cool, Outkast-y. But there's so little energy, and the melodies aren't nearly strong enough to compensate.

Jay Rock had a good verse, but it wasn't earth shattering like you're insinuating breh.

MThanded

I made a thread.

That was deleted by mod. I guess
BITTSM official tracklist:

1. The Ends
  2. Way Back
  3. Coordinate
  4. Through The Late Night
  5. Birds in The Trap
  6. SDP Interlude
  7. Sweet Sweet
  8. Outside
  9. Goosebumps
  10. First Take
  11. Pick Up The Phone
  12. Lose
  13. Guidance
  14. Wonderful
No features tho yet...and no The Hooch.
He said hooch wasn't on the album a while back.

Are there rules here about posting instrumentals I've been working on? I've always been a bit reluctant to post what I have, but I would like to see what some of you think.

cb1115

I got two cigarettes to my last name
I clock in for the check but I don't wanna go
I got two cigarettes to my last name
I clock in for the check but I don't wanna go
She said you, you can't save em all
She said you, you can't save em all, yeah
She said you, you can't save em all, yeah

bd07oBn.gif

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Glad Rashad didn't react to the complaints that Cilvia Demo was too mellow and just doubled down on his style. It's not as if we're inundated with mellow rap at the moment.

It's a shame this and Noname dropped towards the end of summer because they're both perfect for lazy, hot weekends, but I guess they'll work well for rainy autumn days too.

Free Lunch is such a sticky song, I've had the hook playing in my head all day. Also love the vocal layering in Silkk Da Shocka, reminds me of his beautiful SZA collabs on Cilvia Demo.

HiResDes

Glad Rashad didn't react to the complaints that Cilvia Demo was too mellow and just doubled down on his style. It's not as if we're inundated with mellow rap at the moment.

It's a shame this and Noname dropped towards the end of summer because they're both perfect for lazy, hot weekends, but I guess they'll work well for rainy autumn days too.

Free Lunch is such a sticky song, I've had the hook playing in my head all day.

Just listened to both back to back, spot on my man. Check out Nat Love too if you haven't already

riotous

Banned
Y'all can't seem to talk about a Kendrick verse without acting like he merked the people he rapped with.

Just get it over with and send him your dick pics.

Rooster12

It's impossible to talk about rap music with my co-workers

They are ignorant and dumb as shit.

Rap to them is just 2Pac, Run-DMC, Biggie, Dre, that's it. Anything that's not those 4 they can't even comprehend.

Imagine introducing some 2016 Surf Danny Trumpet or Adrian Younge shit to them....I think their brain would literally start melting.

It's just beyond frustrating.

Fjordson

Kendrick when he's rapping on Goosebumps is pretty dope, but as usual sounds goofy as hell imo when he starts with his different voices.

Don't have time to fully listen to this all yet, but production seems pretty good at first glance. Love the beat on Sweet Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom