• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I've never heard of Jai Paul, but he sounds interesting. What kind of music does he do?

pA04S5k.png

I've never heard of Jai Paul, but he sounds interesting. What kind of music does he do?
He makes R&B which is a very generic way to describe what he does. He uses a lot of unusual samples, distorted guitar & drums, and influence from Indian musicians to make his music. Unfortunately, you can't find his album at the library because it was leaked from his laptop, but I'm sure someone can help you find it out there. I made a thread on him too, if that'll help.

Quick early impressions:
-snip-

PRetty much agree with everything, except Vince Staples. I liked "Prima Donna", primarily it was Vince giving the same type of dark anecdotal bits about his life on some much more varied beats. It's an incredibly good EP that shows how good Vince can be on beats other than the dark spacey and atmospheric beats of "Summertime '06."

Something something long dicks.

EDIT: New Travis song leaked, "Pour Up."

He makes R&B which is a very generic way to describe what he does. He uses a lot of unusual samples, distorted guitar & drums, and influence from Indian musicians to make his music. Unfortunately, you can't find his album at the library because it was leaked from his laptop, but I'm sure someone can help you find it out there. I made a thread on him too, if that'll help.

That sounds pretty interesting. Indian influence is probably a key buzzword for me.

Also....I'll stream online, LOL.

On the new travis

keep
- Way Back
- Coordinate
- Through The late Night. Humming is the only thing Kid Cudi is good at.
- Goosebumps
- Lose

5/14 tracks.Trash everything else.

With Rodeo, I like the same amount tracks. Impossible, Maria I'm Drunk, 90210. Oh My Dis Side, Nightcrawler. Only 5/14 tracks for Rodeo too but none of the BITTSM reach the heights of the Rodeo song.

Still, for the songs I did like, good job Trav.

Nah, I'm gonna have to call a spade a spade.

If you can't fuck with the song Prima Donna or Big Time, you might be dead inside as a person and your problems go beyond musical taste.

That's not even the full list.

a video of La Flame shows him listing the items of the collection, which includes "pillows, motherfuckin' comforters, tees, hoodies, jackets, du-rags, socks, underwear, condoms, toilet tissue, toothbrush..."

Toilet paper to go with his pretty shit album. BITTSM is a real disappointment, considering the only song I really like is "Through The Late Night." None of the songs are half as memorable as "Nightcrawler", "Antidote", "3500", or even "Flying High." It all seems like its mining the same generic dark atmosphere Travis gets praise for, with no intent to push his production or style further. Travis wants to be an artist, but Travis the artist is a hell of a lot more boring and one-note than Travis the hit-maker.
Is Travis Scott the second musician to have his own condom branded in his own name, then?
Daft Punk had one too.

I liked the prima donna ep quite a bit. It's not as strong as summertime 06 but it's a solid project

Travis album is shit but coordinate and through late night is great. Plus he has thugga bless him with pick up the phone.

overcast

Gonna agree with Enzo heavily about Jeffrey. Harambe stuck out but it's a pretty dull tape. Worse than SS3 for sure.

Prima Donna is good. Some interesting production and I happen to think Vince is one of the best at giving menacing glimpses at gang life. It's short and only really has War Ready and Loco as stand outs. Smile ain't good.

Birds in the Trap I've only listened to like once. Not feeling it but I'll give it another listen or two. Seemed to go on forever. Rodeo is better.

Not sure how you could be a Young Thug fan and not mess with Jeffery. It's his most polished and varied project since Barter 6, packed with infectious melodies and hooks.

The Sun's Tirade is getting better and better with each listen. This might be better than Cilvia Demo for me. Great mix of mid 90s jazzrap, prime Pimp C type production rhythms, and lots of little classic West Coast sounds underneath. And even with all the slurring/mumbling, Isaiah's still riding the beats, keeping the heavy, intoxicated/stoned atmosphere from tipping over into outright melancholy.

Bruhhhh, this might be better than Blankface.

Koozek

The Sun's Tirade is getting better and better with each listen. This might be better than Cilvia Demo for me. Great mix of mid 90s jazzrap, prime Pimp C type production rhythms, and lots of little classic West Coast sounds underneath. And even with all the slurring/mumbling, Isaiah's still riding the beats, keeping the heavy, intoxicated/stoned atmosphere from tipping over into outright melancholy.

Bruhhhh, this might be better than Blankface.
Word.

Brian you motherfuckers
Had to google. The R&B cat?

OG Kush

So... when's this Frank Ocean album finally being released on Spotify? Really detest these streaming exclusive. You're only screwing over your fans and can't be upset if people pirate the album to listen to it.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Who to believe?

Interesting, though. I thought Quavo was referencing Travis' album title not the other way around. I don't care about Migos, but man, some of their features on Travis, Thugga, and Future tracks are so dope (Sloppy Toppy on Days Before Rodeo is crazy).

Got it from Genius:

Brian McKnight is a multi-talented musician who is most known for being an R&B singer. Quavo is able to create trap symphonies on the mic and still move kilos of drugs, or birds.

Quavo used this line before on “In My Hands”:

I’m kickin' and whippin' and trappin' the white
The birds, they’re flyin' and singin' like Brian McKnight

Travis Scott also stated that this line inspired the title for his album, Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight.

Koozek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom