• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Is Nickelus F the guy who pretty much wrote all of Drake's early mixtape shit?
Lol, I swear I was about to joke about it when I just relistened to those old tracks I posted above, but I didn't know there were actually rumors about it. Was this ever "confirmed"?

Man, I thought Drake at least wrote his older stuff himself. Would be really dissappointing even though I actually don't care as much about rappers working with song writers or so, but man, if not even So Far Gone with all the personal tracks or his old battle-rap-y stuff are his, then I don't know what to think anymore.

illadelph

http://www.complex.com/music/2010/02/interview-nickelus-f-talks-exterminator-day-job-discovering-portishead-writing-for-drake

ehhh, found an interview from 2010. They ask him about it, he pretty much says he's helped him with hooks and lyrics here and there, only admitting to writing one complete verse for him.

who really knows at this point, though

I find the idea of someone ghostwriting for a rapper's mixtape silly

yeah, would only make sense if the said artist was already somewhat established in the entertainment industry, like a TV star or something

Tokubetsu

SHE ASK ME IF I WANNA DIE ALL I SAID WAS YAAAAAAAAAAAA~

3B7T9fB.gif

T Dollarz

The Sun's Tirade is getting better and better with each listen. This might be better than Cilvia Demo for me. Great mix of mid 90s jazzrap, prime Pimp C type production rhythms, and lots of little classic West Coast sounds underneath. And even with all the slurring/mumbling, Isaiah's still riding the beats, keeping the heavy, intoxicated/stoned atmosphere from tipping over into outright melancholy.

Bruhhhh, this might be better than Blankface.

Hell yes to all of this, except maybe that last part.

Koozek

The Sun's Tirade is getting better and better with each listen. This might be better than Cilvia Demo for me. Great mix of mid 90s jazzrap, prime Pimp C type production rhythms, and lots of little classic West Coast sounds underneath. And even with all the slurring/mumbling, Isaiah's still riding the beats, keeping the heavy, intoxicated/stoned atmosphere from tipping over into outright melancholy.

Bruhhhh, this might be better than Blankface.

You late, but right

Hell yes to all of this, except maybe that last part.
Maybe someone on GAF can help me, lol. Does anybody know if the loop on Dressed Like Rappers on the Isaiah album is a sample from a JRPG/game? It's driving me crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QfP3fPhSI

T Dollarz

Anybody care to try their hand at a new top ten following the slew of recent releases?

Here's my stab, unranked:

Azizi Gibson - A New Life
Denzel Curry - Imperial
Duke- Uber
Future - Purple Reign
Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
Post Malone - August 26th
Schoolboy Q - Blank Face
Warm Brew - Diagnosis
Young Thug - No, My Name is JEFFERY

Kept it at one submission per artist, although both Future and Young Thug I debated two.

The likes of Ka, Noname, Vince Staples and Isaiah Rashad might make their way in there as I have more time with their albums, which I've already been loving.

Drake and Travi$ Scott got disappointments of the year right now. Both had some ace songs, but as a whole the projects just weren't enough.

Koozek

Anybody care to try their hand at a new top ten following the slew of recent releases?

Denzel Curry - Imperial
Duke- Uber
Future - Purple Reign
Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
Schoolboy Q - Blank Face
Warm Brew - Diagnosis

Kept it at one submission per artist, although both Future and Young Thug I debated two.

The likes of Ka, Noname, Vince Staples and Isaiah Rashad might make their way in there as I have more time with their albums, which I've already been loving.

Drake and Travi$ Scott got disappointments of the year right now. Both had some ace songs, but as a whole the projects just weren't enough.

Denzel Curry - Imperial
Future - EVOL
Lil Duke - Uber
Kodak Black - Lil B.I.G. Pac
Jeremih - Late Nights Europe
Payroll Giovanni & Cardo - Big Bossin' Vol. 1
Noname - Telefone
Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade

HM:
Bas - Too High To Riot (was on heavy rotation earlier this year, probably should be in the list... it might)
Chance - Coloring Book (had to decied between this and maybe Payroll Giovanni)
Polyester the Saint - American Muscle

Still have to give Birds in the Trap a few more listens, but I'm quite liking it, maybe even more than Rodeo. Still, DBR >>>>>>.

If this was a general AOTY list, James Blake would be at #1, btw.

I'm actually struggling to get it down to 10. Lots of great mentions in the two posts too. Wanna throw Trouble's Skoobzilla into the mix, was in heavy rotation and I still go back to it. Great year for hip-hop so far.

Dereck

Denzel Curry - Imperial
Duke- Uber
Future - Purple Reign
Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
Schoolboy Q - Blank Face
Warm Brew - Diagnosis

Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai
ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP
Elucid - Save Yourself
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Open Mike Eagle + Paul White - Hella Personal Film Festival
Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.
Retch - Lean & Neck

kai3345

Banned

Denzel Curry - Imperial
Wicca Phase Springs Eternal - Secret Boy
Lil Uzi Vert vs. The World
Kevin Gates - Islah
Future - EVOL
Desiigner - New English
Gucci Mane - Everybody Looking

Koozek

Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai
ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP
Elucid - Save Yourself
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Open Mike Eagle + Paul White - Hella Personal Film Festival
Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.
Retch - Lean & Neck
Only listened to the new Elzhi once, totally forgot about it. Will give it another listen. His old mixtapes are some of my favorites. His beat selection is so dope.

His Out of Focus EP from '96 is golden:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6bkiaq9ZY

Koozek

Like, I'm sure you're joking, but if anybody here actually puts Views on their list, I'm not gonna take them seriously as a human being ever again.

FZZ

Banned
Man's willing to get their asshole torn up but a little piss and discharge scare the fuck outta them smfh

Learn how to master eating pussy and ass before anything else brehs, if your girl wanna fuck you in the ass take a second to think about why

Tokubetsu

Man's willing to get their asshole torn up but a little piss and discharge scare the fuck outta them smfh

Learn how to master eating pussy and ass before anything else brehs, if your girl wanna fuck you in the ass take a second to think about why

maybe cuz u like that stop limiting masculinity fam

riotous

Banned
I don't see an issue with it at all

But urine is sterile is all I'm saying

Urine isnt sterile.

I eat plenty of pussy tho, ass too.

Pegging? Na, but I once fucked a girl who was wearing a strap-on. Having a rubber dick slapping your stomach is.., interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom