• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

the skin flute

tumblr_n8kq3hU9o41qmav3lo1_250.jpg
WjQDgvH.png

mmlp2 and recovery are underrated

Both seem well received enough.

Speaking of my earlier conversation with Dereck...

Which rappers do you feel that, despite their talents and ability to spit amazing rhymes and verses, have not really made good albums? Also, these rappers are ones you actually like.

Busta Rhymes definitely qualifies. Great Rapper but doesn't have a classic.

Of course, there are terrific rapper like Chino XL whose albums are mediocre as fuck. Chino's beats are awful.

IrishNinja

oh, i mean, cannibus, jadakiss (styles too), numerous other names go here for dudes that heads used to namedrop constantly but also never put anything together more interesting than a mixtape of their guest features

oh, i mean, cannibus, jadakiss (styles too), numerous other names go here for dudes that heads used to namedrop constantly but also never put anything together more interesting than a mixtape of their guest features

Canibus had Jack the Ripper and Mic Club, both 9/10 albums, but he also has tons of bad albums like his debut and the horrendous C! I like his 1000 bars, too.

Hitta93

Banned
A Gangster and a Gentleman very underrated.
Throw Fabolous in there too
Great choice.

Drake opening a Houston strip club lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooo

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄
Legend.

who tf wants to go to Texas for strip clubs
I pray for your ignorance.

Koozek

not as worried about Big Boi - what's 3 stacks last good verse, pink matter? i honestly dont recall

after Compton i'm pretty okay with letting him stay out the game like's wanted since the late 80s
Where have you been the last weeks? The Hello track on Badu's mixtape, his solo track on Frank's album, and now the opener on Travis' album.

Frfr, though, the Compton album somehow ended up being one of my favorites last year because of how one of my best friends (my best friends *thuggavoice*), who's a huge Dre stan, and I bumped it from start to finish at every one of our parties last summer during the after-hour sessions and it always was a blaaassst. But outside of those special occasions, yeah, it's irrelevant.

Sia is great, but the Kendrick verse is nothing. I'm trying to remember a good pop song plus rapper verse and it's hard. I liked Gucci's verse on that Mariah Carey song a few years back because it seemed liked he was calling Eminem a nerd. Also Redman maybe? These always seem to be low effort.
well I mean, i'm not sure what else a rapper can do on a pop song that's meant to be inoffensive from all angles.

song sucks to me.

T Dollarz

Sia is great, but the Kendrick verse is nothing. I'm trying to remember a good pop song plus rapper verse and it's hard. I liked Gucci's verse on that Mariah Carey song a few years back because it seemed liked he was calling Eminem a nerd. Also Redman maybe? These always seem to be low effort.

So true, almost always garbage.

BlackJace

Fuckin around with a relisten of Trap Lord.
Shit still bangs, cotdamn

Let it Go, Dump Dump, Shabba, Work, Murda Something, Lord

whew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom