• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big L and Biggie fans who hate on Jay Z and call him a worse/bad rapper are some of the most dishonest/deluded people in the hip hop community.

is it of common opinion that kid cudi's verse on "through the late night" is really really good?

It's really good. IT's the least trash thing he's done in years. It's kinda sad he's really good at autotuned humming and drug-based verses. Still can't believe he managed to drop LSD and DMT's scientific names in a verse without it seeming forced as shit.

I'm a bigger fan of Scott's version of the Day N Nite lyrics. I'd be so down for a full-blown Travis Scott remake of "Day N Nite." Unfortunately, that's the least trash thing of his whole verse. "Stroke my cactus" and "play no games like the NBA" are "key chain go jangalang" tier at this point.

not sure why he's taking shots at Kanye when Kanye has been nothing but supportive to Cudi's work from day 1, even after Cudi left Good Music.

Dumb shit, he's trending on twitter too

Nibel

Lof4Fwc.png

NO they are not

AJLma

Reading comprehension struggles. Dude is obviously talking in past tense.

“I don’t want to be bashed, because I don’t want to sound like I’m on the wrong — if there is a side, but I thought that was clearly a message that there was no such thing as racism,” Wayne replied. “That’s what I thought that was. That was a perfect example.”

“I have never dealt with racism, and I’m glad I didn’t have to. I don’t know if it’s because of my blessings ... but it is my reality,” he said. “I thought it was over; I still believe it’s over. But obviously it isn’t.”

What is context though. Retweet some hate today!

Kid Cudi thinking he's a threat to anybody in rap lol.

I will not have you besmirch the name of the man who gave us the avant-garde masterpiece Speeding Bullet 2 Heaven. He created an album whose symbolic meaning is so dense that normal people can't comprehend it, only geniuses like Andre 3000, Erykah Badu, and Travis Scott can appreciate it. When I heard the chicken sandwich line, I wept.

So put some goddamn respeck on Cudi's name. It's not every day a man who's only good at autotuned humming and making good albums while on drugs makes a piece of genius so powerful it tests the limits of how far fans will go to stan their idols.

I will not have you besmirch the name of the man who gave us the avant-garde masterpiece Speeding Bullet 2 Heaven. He created an album whose symbolic meaning is so dense that normal people can't comprehend it, only geniuses like Andre 3000, Erykah Badu, and Travis Scott can appreciate it. When I heard the chicken sandwich line, I wept.

So put some goddamn respeck on Cudi's name. It's not every day a man who's only good at autotuned humming and making good albums while on drugs makes a piece of genius so powerful it tests the limits of how far fans will go to stan their idols.

Lol.

what exactly is mastering?

i think i know what it is but im not sure

http://www.discmakers.com/soundlab/whatismastering.asp

This does a pretty damn good job of breaking it down. You can hear it on MBDTF, as everything sounds rough and upfront. Many of the details of the album are just not there on record. I also wished the music of Devil In a New Dress was pushed to the forefront, or at least mixed with his voice. His voice is the vocal point of that song, and that sucks.

FZZ

Banned
Kanye has since MBDTF always preferred rougher more unclean masters than having perfect masters

dunno why

Travis does the same as well, I've gotten used to the graininess tho and it gives the feeling that it does get "louder" in comparison to a cleaner master, even though it's just in my head

http://www.discmakers.com/soundlab/whatismastering.asp

This does a pretty damn good job of breaking it down. You can hear it on MBDTF, as everything sounds rough and upfront. Many of the details of the album are just not there on record. I also wished the music of Devil In a New Dress was pushed to the forefront, or at least mixed with his voice. His voice is the vocal point of that song, and that sucks.
thanks.

Also. Kanye : "Kid Cudi, don't ever mention my name, I BIRTHED YOU"

FZZ

Banned
Birds was fine

People wanted a feature length album and probably something at least as competent as Rodeo

I appreciate it for Way Back, Lose, and Through The Night

the other tracks tbh I haven't gone back to as much lol

The version of Coordinate I have is worse than the leak, it's really annoying so I skip the album version most of the time. Otherwise that track would be one of my most listened to as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom