• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny concert was too good. The man knows how to keep a set from dragging and how to just go HAM with your bangers. He pretty much played songs from XXX, Old, and the singles from AE, with the encore being Attak. One of the few sets I've seen that didn't feel like an hour and a half because of how fast-paced it was. What was also funny was who Zeelooperz won over the crowd in 5 songs. The man is as rail thin as Thug with some of the mannerisms of Yachty, but I was surprised by how the crowd took to songs from "Bothic." On the album, everything sounds painfully off-beat, but in a concert venue, things just worked better. He got on the GA, asked people to make a mosh pit, and moshed with them while rapping which was a really cool thing to do. Maxo Kream was...meh. I don't get the hype for him, he sounded like he was basically fitting squarely into the basic trapper archetype with nothing really differentiating him from anyone else. All in all, good concert.

Next one for me is DJ Shadow in October, which should be pretty fun. Hopefully, El-P stops by then to do his bit from "Nobody Speak."

Eos

A great but underrated kdot track is collect calls
Works perfectly as an alternate ending for gkmc if Kendrick never made it out of the city and got caught up with the gang shit

HiiiLife

Bdkmv. Money trees. ADHD. Spiteful chant. Sing about me.

I kinda wish the studio version of art of peer pressure had the leaked outro.

Sixth man : cartoons and cereal.

HiResDes

...Finally getting to this kinda reminded me of the Kembe X album in tempo and style, but the subject matter is a bit different, anyway really feeling after one initial run through, definitely recommend

Danny concert was too good. The man knows how to keep a set from dragging and how to just go HAM with your bangers. He pretty much played songs from XXX, Old, and the singles from AE, with the encore being Attak. One of the few sets I've seen that didn't feel like an hour and a half because of how fast-paced it was. What was also funny was who Zeelooperz won over the crowd in 5 songs. The man is as rail thin as Thug with some of the mannerisms of Yachty, but I was surprised by how the crowd took to songs from "Bothic." On the album, everything sounds painfully off-beat, but in a concert venue, things just worked better. He got on the GA, asked people to make a mosh pit, and moshed with them while rapping which was a really cool thing to do. Maxo Kream was...meh. I don't get the hype for him, he sounded like he was basically fitting squarely into the basic trapper archetype with nothing really differentiating him from anyone else. All in all, good concert.

Next one for me is DJ Shadow in October, which should be pretty fun. Hopefully, El-P stops by then to do his bit from "Nobody Speak."
He doesn't sound as off beat like his first album. I think it's way better this time around. I think only biz and I like it lol

He doesn't sound as off beat like his first album. I think it's way better this time around. I think only biz and I like it lol

I dug some of the production on it and the rapping, as off as it was, wasn't as bad as say TLOP 1.2 where the outro to 30 Hours was so off beat it hurt. I liked the project for how weird and out there it was (about a 6.5 on my scale), but I really hope he can refine his style for studio album #2. The crowd certainly liked him and I think he can grow to Danny heights if he finds his lane.

HiiiLife

Was listening to so appalled recently. Cyhi gotta be the guest feature version of jay rock money trees.

By far the best verse on here. It'd be Hov but his suck my balls line still cringe.

Was listening to so appalled recently. Cyhi gotta be the guest feature version of jay rock money trees.

By far the best verse on here. It'd be Hov but his suck my balls line still cringe.

I think the story behind that verse is that it wasnt even supposed to happen. He was supposed to do a hook, but Kanye went to sleep in another room and Cyhi recorded 16 dope bars instead. The whole room loved it when they played that shit, so they kept it.

HiiiLife

I think the story behind that verse is that it wasnt even supposed to happen. He was supposed to do a hook, but Kanye went to sleep in another room and Cyhi recorded 16 dope bars instead. The whole room loved it when they played that shit, so they kept it.

That Valentine's Day part is goat. Tiger woods don't make me grab iron. Goaatttt.

Too bad I have zero interest for Cyhi past that guest verse. Just like jay rock. Oh well.

HiiiLife

The cross is gone. Good for him!

DbxbmMx.jpg

Dereck

What on Earth does it mean to suck someone's balls through your drawers, anyway?
i thought we were thinking of the same thing, since we were talking about Action Bronson it reminded me of a line of his

That's the bathroom, you already know what happens there
I pull my swimming trunks down, she suck me through the boxer
While I'm wearin' flip-flops
Shit's real, grip the wheel, lift steel

Order

i thought we were thinking of the same thing, since we were talking about Action Bronson it reminded me of a line of his

That's the bathroom, you already know what happens there
I pull my swimming trunks down, she suck me through the boxer
While I'm wearin' flip-flops
Shit's real, grip the wheel, lift steel
I can't decide if Vince or Earl had the best verse on this track

I still say youse guys are trippin with Mr. Wonderful. "City Boy Blues" --> "Easy Rider" is one of the best stretches on any Bronson project. People ask him to switch it up because his lack of structure and songwriting is getting boring, then when he actually drops an album with some structure, people hate. Get outta heeeeere brehs, Mr. Wonderful is dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom