• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_ml9b2siweH1rrezs9o1_250.gif

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
bioshock is for nerds who want a "good" story in their games, but won't take the time to pick up a book and reflect on life

BioShockRapture.jpg

overcast

Anyone who's seen Danny in this current tour have a look at the merch? Curious as to what will be available.

Also wondering how good Maxo is live and if skywlkwr came out?

fuck the knicks

Wrong thread?

Screw it. What's Gaf-Hop's favorite sports teams?

Mine:

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NFL: Arizona Cardinals
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks
NCAAF: Georgia Bulldogs Football, Arizona State Sun Devils Football
NCAA In General: Arizona State Sun Devils

Anyone who's seen Danny in this current tour have a look at the merch? Curious as to what will be available.

Also wondering how good Maxo is live and if skywlkwr came out?

He has a pretty baller set of shirts. I bought one with Atrocity Exhibition Fall / Winter 2016 on the front in black type with a myriad of shit on the back. Shirt is all white with black type and outlines. It's pretty cool. Other than that, I saw one with the album cover on it and I can't remember the third. At least at the NYC show he wore the one that I bought.

Let me try and upload pics of my shirt since I can't find any online.

EDIT:
Don't ever say I didn't do anything for you.

Furyous

Screw it. What's Gaf-Hop's favorite sports teams?

Mine:

NBA: Western Conference - leaning towards Lakers
Eastern Conference - WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers

NFL: Western Conference - Arizona Cardinals
Eastern Conference - Cleveland Browns

NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets

MLB: That racist Cleveland team

NCAAF: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA In General: Ohio State Buckeyes and shares in all Ohio teams[/QUOTE]

Back to hip-hop for a sec....

Meek is killing his own career by going about things the wrong way. If he does not beef with Drake then his career is still viable in the mainstream right now. Setting up Sigel and beefing with Game are killing his street credibility. He is not rich enough to get away from all of this without repercussions of some kind. Ross needs to do the right thing and distance himself from Meek. Wale is cool and reps right. Stalley is cool and reps right. Rockie Fresh is cool and reps right. Meek out here starting beefs out of jealously attacking the wrong dudes hurting the MMG brand.

IrishNinja

Back to hip-hop for a sec....

Meek is killing his own career by going about things the wrong way. If he does not beef with Drake then his career is still viable in the mainstream right now. Setting up Sigel and beefing with Game are killing his street credibility. He is not rich enough to get away from all of this without repercussions of some kind. Ross needs to do the right thing and distance himself from Meek. Wale is cool and reps right. Stalley is cool and reps right. Rockie Fresh is cool and reps right. Meek out here starting beefs out of jealously attacking the wrong dudes hurting the MMG brand.

i posit that his life from here out, whether he chooses paragon or renegade options, the path will not alter in any significant manner

Dereck

I don't think it's supposed to be an album with beats that catch your ear so much as provide an atmosphere. It feels untraditional.
That's fine, I'll put it this way.

XXX has more great beats than this album. "It also has more songs" yeah, yeah, I know.

Towards the middle of the album it starts to get a little random (not in a good way) with the beat selection but you could chalk that up to the album supposedly being chaotic on purpose. *shrugs*

I swear I'm over underground rappers namechecking/referencing "legends" in an attempt to maintain the "golden age" without having the creativity that made the golden age the "golden age"

I swear I am

Koozek

So, new Danny has pretty cool production, but his voice and same flow on almost every song is grating. I really liked the older stuff Des posted where he used his normal voice and some of these songs on the new album would've benefitted from a bit of vocal dynamicity.

I swear I'm over underground rappers namechecking/referencing "legends" in an attempt to maintain the "golden age" without having the creativity that made the golden age the "golden age"

I swear I am

The first thing that comes to my mind when you say "underground rappers" are wack ass cats like Skyzoo, Terminology, Papoose etc., lol. Who do you mean in particular?

HiiiLife

So, new Danny has pretty cool production, but his voice and same flow on almost every song is grating. I really liked the older stuff Des posted where he used his normal voice and some of these songs on the new album would've benefitted from a bit of vocal dynamicity.

The first thing that comes to my mind when you say "underground rappers" are wack ass cats like Skyzoo, Terminology, Papoose etc., lol. Who do you mean in particular?

Yea XXX and Old still the superior albums. GAF hop got my hopes up reading their impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom