• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympia

Track 5 breh

That 70k that was spent to clear the sample was money will spent.

it feels like such a throwback, i like it a lot. i personally wish they did a bit more with it and pushed the production a bit more and it would be perfect, as it's pretty stripped back compared to the rest of the tracks. but on the flip it's a short song so idk.

nice contrast with the loud ass following track with the disco beat and the horns(?) though. i like that one a lot

so far i am really digging this

dance in the water is a jam

Cheddahz

Banned
ryan hemsworth - 3AM O4W

"summer, recordings from atlanta, taqueria del sol, sample searching, insomnia cookies, falling asleep.

ft. abra, 21 savage, kensuke ushio, yakki, nba youngboy, strap da fool, celadon city, jazz cartier, kornél kovács, lucas, kodak black, more."

tumblr_oe6hshm6Xl1qhrm3lo1_540.gif

Fjordson

Danny album is cool so far, especially "Lost".

Also, Earl sounds different these days. Didn't even recognize him at first on track 4.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I've been saying that Danny Brown could rap over anything but, god damn, he's just showing off now.

I could record a construction site and he'd make a dope af song out of it.

Blackthorn

I keep trying to think of things to say about the album but I just feel dazed at the moment. Literally just walking around the house aimlessly like @_@

Blackthorn

Ah, this is the best feeling ever. I've done this before plenty of times.
It's happened to me a few times this year. I skipped doing a top 10 last year because I didn't feel like I could write in detail on that many, but it's gonna be no problem this time.

Atrocity Ex has me even more hyped than I already was that I'm seeing him in November at a dinky little venue in Brixton (same place I saw RTJ). Anyone else gonna be there?

Atrocity Exhibition is a whirlwind. Feels like Danny Brown pulling you through some crazy hip-hop/rock/electronic/funk madhouse, Alice In Wonderland style. Production is absolutely ridiculous.

Atrocity > XXX > Old > Hybrid

Maybe. Xxx too strong tho. So gonna have to wait and see.

Atrocity has some crazy ass production though. It's his most interesting album easy. And not in a boring sorta alienating way that frank ocean and Kendrick kind of went towards. Nah this is something I am immediately fucking with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom