• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I'm curious to hear opinions regarding the current aftermath of the Meek Mill - Drake beef. It seems like he's been responding by dropping some pretty hot music, not just trying to come up with a Back 2 Back equivalent.

4/4 I and II are solid, and I thought that, even before the beef started, Dreams Worth More Than Money was pretty good as well.

I feel like Dreamchasers 4 (which IMO is highly anticipated among the community at large as well as my own circle) being straight heat would elevate him back to the status he was before getting rocked.
I think Pray For Em and War Pain kind of established he can still make music that is good and that's all of what people want. That's what will keep his stock from dropping lower than it already is. However, at this point he should just abstain from beefing further with anyone because being risk averse is the best strategy ATM.

Dude has already cultivated a pretty decent following (Source: people surprised at his sales numbers every time), and I don't think a lot of them are people who would think otherwise because Drake won in polls of Drake groupies and people already unfamiliar with his work. He'll do fine, just likely lost his chance at being the go-to rapper for hard mainstream features (which is Pusha currently and was Q a year ago).

I don't think people ever really get excited for DC tapes, they just kind of drop and the singles carry his buzz usually.

https://youtu.be/Q9oWb0oofUQ?t=17m18s

herman-cain-smile.gif
This is great

Eos

So, I'm curious to hear opinions regarding the current aftermath of the Meek Mill - Drake beef. It seems like he's been responding by dropping some pretty hot music, not just trying to come up with a Back 2 Back equivalent.

4/4 I and II are solid, and I thought that, even before the beef started, Dreams Worth More Than Money was pretty good as well.

I feel like Dreamchasers 4 (which IMO is highly anticipated among the community at large as well as my own circle) being straight heat would elevate him back to the status he was before getting rocked.

People are still checking for his music and it's not like he's dropped off musically, so he just needs to keep doing what he does best.

I doubt Drake is going to let this drop anytime soon and am expecting multiple disses (whether they're thinly veiled/subliminal, or outright) in Views to try and solidify his "I'm not soft" image.

Meek will probably continue to fire back shots as well but really, he should just focus on his music. I don't think that they'll come to terms and make up, well not anytime soon, anyways.
This is great
Probably their best interview this year, Tank was great.

Meek took his L, but he'll probably be fine. I doubt he lost any fans and he'll keep making music. I never really listened to him past the singles.

Drake just can't be stopped. He's gonna be huge in 2016. Despite even more evidence that he's a fraud, his fans stan louder than ever for his boring ass music. Feels good to be on the winning team, I guess.

Really a pointless beef not worth paying attention to anymore. Anything that was at stake has already been decided. There are much better rappers to be listening to.

From November 2015, The Great Korean Invasion of Keith Ape, Noisey.
https://youtu.be/ryD5aAH3fbY

Like I told my ex when she linked this on FB back in Nov, Keith will never be able to reproduce It G Ma levels of love regardless how dope his next song is. Unfortunately he hopped on the ATL scene and ATL artists are cursed to have one hot summer before going away. Keith is doubly fucked because his english is nonexistent. Sad cause he actually dropped a few more bangers outside of It G Ma.

97Yknja.png

#positivity2k16 lives

Ye got Wiz's watch back for him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fetty Wap - Go Hard Boyz (Banshee) + ZOO16 mixtape by Zoo Gang. Song goes.

Trailer for Action Bronson's VICELAND show, Fuck, That's Delicious. Meyhem Lauren and Big Body Bes are set to be prominently featured and Alchemist will be in the mix occasionally it seems.

Also, what was the consensus on the latest 2 Chainz tape? And what about T R A P S O U L (if anyone listened to that)?

I guess this was spurred about because of the LA Reid Sway interview today?

I would still argue TCD was a greater contribution because it broke barriers down that would later enable something like an 808s to exist, but LA might be right in that 808s may end up being his career defining moment. Most historians will probably point towards MBDTF as his greatest piece of work, and people like ?uestlove already do, but 808s or TCD will probably be looked as his defining works.

This is good.

PBY

Banned
Fetty Wap - Go Hard Boyz (Banshee) + ZOO16 mixtape by Zoo Gang. Song goes.

Trailer for Action Bronson's VICELAND show, Fuck, That's Delicious. Meyhem Lauren and Big Body Bes are set to be prominently featured and Alchemist will be in the mix occasionally it seems.

Also, what was the consensus on the latest 2 Chainz tape? And what about T R A P S O U L (if anyone listened to that)?

I guess this was spurred about because of the LA Reid Sway interview today?

I would still argue TCD was a greater contribution because it broke barriers down that would later enable something like an 808s to exist, but LA might be right in that 808s may end up being his career defining moment. Most historians will probably point towards MBDTF as his greatest piece of work, and people like ?uestlove already do, but 808s or TCD will probably be looked as his defining works.

This is good.

I like T R A P S O U L and that 2 chainz.

recommend both.

Fjordson

Yea 4/4 is great, check out slippin ft future and dave east. dave east is fucking ill, dude is a problem.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Picked up that combined Documentary 2/2.5 on a whim. There is a really, really great album's worth of material. But nobody needs to listen to Game for that long to get to it. A nice, 12 track album with the best cuts could've been something.

IrishNinja

Tried that new Jazz Cartier- went in expecting to love it...

I dunno brehs. He's kinda swagless, and isn't saying much? Beats seemed on the border of cool and ehhh

Will have to listen again.

yeah, i dunno - i was digging maybe the first half? i didn't ride out the 2nd, just didn't click and there's already stuff i got in queue

So, I'm curious to hear opinions regarding the current aftermath of the Meek Mill - Drake beef.

i don't normally fuck with meek much, but he took big L's and came back with a nice track, that's about all that can reasonably be expected for me

see, when he's doing this to cole fans hyping dude as the next nas/etc i absolutely co-sign his dust, and think he makes solid points

but half his shtick coming up was dumping on drake, so he's not gonna shake that. i like his shit but he's a bigger hov fan than esh and swears takeover was the better diss to this day, so yeah

Dude been a cornball for a while, it's been known

i mean, there's far cornier in the hip hop blogverse on twitter, and i still enjoy some of his shit - he was one of the few i saw really ride for sean P last year & such. i cut a bit of slack since he legit knows his shit most times & prolly has to deal with mad fuckery from complex/etc crowds

"OVO Concentration Camps" lmao the coli is nuts.

yeah i was laughing at that till the tents part...wow

A nice, 12 track album with the best cuts could've been something.

i think you could say this about a lot of game's work (and others) but this one especially, yeah
i know people sometimes call illmatic more an EP but there's something to be said for trimming the fat

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Does anybody even know who Big Ghost is? Isn't there still the possibility that it's like, Eminem's little brother or something?

IrishNinja

hasn't dude written for some of the bigger sites? i know i saw him hyping his mixtape project thing, i'm sure his name is out there somewhere

for a minute at first i thought he might be byron crawford, but nah

Kreed

hasn't dude written for some of the bigger sites? i know i saw him hyping his mixtape project thing, i'm sure his name is out there somewhere

for a minute at first i thought he might be byron crawford, but nah

Yeah I've seen a couple of his reviews posted in here for Okayplayer but for all we know he could have just sent them emails. Regardless I still find the reviews you guys post in here funny (the Drake one that was posted in here a few pages ago for example) so I'm not jumping on the "he's a cornball for dissing Kanye" bandwagon yet.

Nibel

I'm not jumping on the "he's a cornball for dissing Kanye" bandwagon yet.

For clarity's sake this is not the sole reason I call him that: I followed him on Twitter and Instagram for a long ass time and not only did his shtick of writing long-ass sentences filled with random adjectives get kinda played out but he seems to have become pretty bitter and is unable to ride with the new wave of artists at all, which at this point is whack; salute

Drake 6fraud threads are thecoli's version of moe/censorship discussions on GAF.

This fits pretty good, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom