• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New Jazz Cartier album is out

A2EvKqM.png

amazing

album art is great too

thabiz

One of the better and more interesting Ubisoft games I feel; good visuals (at least on PS4 which I played it on), interesting NY setting with weather and day/night cycles (kinda gave me I Am Legend vibes) and the gameplay itself works surprisingly well even though they didn't show the entire gameplay loop in that beta since a lot of stuff is locked.

It feels a lot like Destiny but taking place in a more lively and dense world. You can just roam around and killing people, do quests, do sidequests or go into 'Dark Zone' where you can get better loot.

It left a pretty good impression on me; Ubi might have a good year with this and Siege. Yet I'm not sure if I would buy this day 1 since just like Destiny this game's life will be determined by support, and while I think Ubisoft has a way better workpipeline and more resourced than Bungie does, I remain sceptical.

Oh, and that UI is fucking slick as shit. Did you play the beta? Still running until tomorrow iirc

I played the beta. You've pretty much listed what I thought.

I was disappointed most of the stuff was walled off in the beta, and my main concern is a big lack of content. I've stopped playing destiny cause of that and I can see this getting old quick.

I'm probably going to hold off until some Dlc drops. That of course depends on what others are doing.

Fjordson

The "Tell Me" track on this Cartier album. Whewww

It left a pretty good impression on me; Ubi might have a good year with this and Siege. Yet I'm not sure if I would buy this day 1 since just like Destiny this game's life will be determined by support, and while I think Ubisoft has a way better workpipeline and more resourced than Bungie does, I remain sceptical.
Spot on. Like I liked Destiny's art style and the mechanics were real solid, but I got bored of it after a few weeks. Post-release support gonna make or break The Division.

Ninja Dom

23-lets-be-friends.gif

Dope, didn't know about this. I know about Black Josh from his Blah stuff and Truthos and Sparkz from The Mouse Outfit but the rest are new to me.

You know about Ocean Wisdom's debut dropping in a few weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooWA6tlD9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bxqkjm52Cc

Lad is too much, he's got a track on the album about Emile Heskey and it sounds gully as fuck lol.

Yeah this is fly. I never heard of him before so thank you for that. First track you linked is very nice.

One guy I liked who I discovered last year was Devilment but I haven't heard anything new from him recently.

Bacon

Kanye out here crowd sourcing his album title

This Cartier is real nice. I really liked last years tape too but this one feels a lot more cohesive and has a stronger vision of what it wants to be.

Cheddahz

Banned
Did not know he had an EP already, thanks guys!

He has mixtapes and stuff he did before the EP as well, but they really haven't aged well and Vince has even said that he doesn't like them (since he didn't really know what he was doing at the time)

Just stick with the first couple tracks on the EP and Summertime '06

IrishNinja

Rumor by Ebro: Cole x Drake tour coming this summer
https://soundcloud.com/hot97ny/ebro-in-the-morning-feb-1-2016

anything to break up this cole/kdot effort, pls

bumpin this

Big Sean and Kenny both Platinum now because of counted streams #wattba

i mean, it's fuzzy but way more legit than having companies buy your way there

Barter 7
Heltah Skeltah
Detox
so many options here

Yeah this is fly. I never heard of him before so thank you for that. First track you linked is very nice.

One guy I liked who I discovered last year was Devilment but I haven't heard anything new from him recently.

The guy who produced it raps as well, although i only tend to like him in small doses he released what was straight up the best rap track i heard all last year. He's a lot more enjoyable when he's not the only presence on track imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-RV9TUbk4

track of the year type flames 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Can't find anything on Devilment, the only music it takes me to is these guys

not for me

IrishNinja

it's weird how looking back, i dug some of khaled's beats but his SSJ levels of bragadociousness on local radio 99 JAMZ put me off to dude for years, but his motivational shit is making me a fan

The Division is Destiny reskinned tbh, somehow with even more boring encounter design. There are a lot of interesting concepts in there, but the beta didn't leave a good impression on me. Pass.

Wake me up when Ghost Recon: Coke Boys is released.

About to get into this new Jazz Cartier. He showed potential on Marauding in Paradise, but I wasn't a huge fan. Lezz see

Ninja Dom

The guy who produced it raps as well, although i only tend to like him in small doses he released what was straight up the best rap track i heard all last year. He's a lot more enjoyable when he's not the only presence on track imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-RV9TUbk4

track of the year type flames 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Can't find anything on Devilment, the only music it takes me to is these guys

not for me

I spelt it wrong, Devilman is what I meant. Check his Chipmunk diss from last Summer.

https://youtu.be/QLFYQMUWOXQ

The Division is Destiny reskinned tbh, somehow with even more boring encounter design. There are a lot of interesting concepts in there, but the beta didn't leave a good impression on me. Pass.

Wake me up when Ghost Recon: Coke Boys is released.

About to get into this new Jazz Cartier. He showed potential on Marauding in Paradise, but I wasn't a huge fan. Lezz see

We gotta get on some kind of gaf hop ps4 clan when ghost recon coke boys comes out.

Courage

I played an hour of Division and I can basically tell what the entire game is gonna be about and not in a good way. Dark Zone is neat but that shit won't last.

Rainbow Six Siege however, whew.

Siege is good but holy hell at the matchmaking dropping noobs in there with level 80+ players. It's not a fun game when the sides are that unbalanced. Map, sight line, and tactical knowledge make a HUGE difference.

Get 2 similar squads against each other though and it's dope

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thats a given, been practicing those ad libs for years now. I love how the trailer reminded me of strike back too. Game has mad potential
Game looks pretty much exactly like the Division in premise. Gonna be the same song and dance when stuff starts getting cut or at least put in perspective.

Still dunno how they're gonna differentiate and sustain both beyond the setting.

But you'll probably blow through the content in a week and the dark zone can only be fun for so long.

We're talking about Ghost Recon: Wildlands, not The Division.

Ehhhh, Idk about this Jazz Cartier. I like a lot of the the songs, more than the last project, but on the whole it doesn't stick. The derivative flows/melodies are still very distracting. It's like listening to a Game album and unintentionally playing the "Who does he sound like now" game.

Nibel

I agree with Net_Wrecker; some dope ass songs on that Jazz Cartier (Stick and Move whew) but as a whole it doesn't quite work for me (especially the last few tracks).

Game looks pretty much exactly like the Division in premise. Gonna be the same song and dance when stuff starts getting cut or at least put in perspective.

Still dunno how they're gonna differentiate and sustain both beyond the setting.

Nah, GR is pretty different. First off, it's not a loot game with spongey gunplay which completely changes the feel of combat. There's stealth, there are vehicles (air, land, and water), the world is much much bigger, and you're always in a 4 person squad solo or otherwise (which might mean squad commands). The game's structure is also more obvious from the outset: They give you targets, you attack targets however you want. It's not about post-launch updates or whatever the hell. It'll probably be like a more realistic Mercenaries. Finite game progression and the freedom to do whatever you want. It's the perfect outlet for Ubisoft's repetitive set up actually.

All I'm worried about is the AI and performance. Obviously the visuals will be scaled back because EVERY game gets scaled back these days, but that's not why the trailer got me excited anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom