• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Relieved for Gibbs. I couldn't have kept listening to him in good conscience if he was found guilty.

I don't understand, just because he was found innocent doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'd listen to him regardless, I wouldn't support him live, but it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of his music.

Tokubetsu

new flab soul dropped for ya'll still checking for that dude in 2016

edit: lord...this nigga is high-key trash yo...toku explain my b

M0JA596.gif

Koozek

Relieved for Gibbs. I couldn't have kept listening to him in good conscience if he was found guilty.
What about Michael Jackson? Or the many other musicians who've done despicable things. The stories happening in Rock & Roll in the 70's for example. R Kelly. Chris Brown. You could go on and on. At some point I decided to completely seperate art from artist (learning about the Dragon Quest composer years ago was a key moment). Otherwise we would probably have to dismiss at least half of any art we consume.

Fjordson

I don't understand, just because he was found innocent doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'd listen to him regardless, I wouldn't support him live, but it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of his music.
Yeah was gonna say, acquittal in a rape case doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent (or guilty to be fair).

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Yes, but the verdict is only measure we have for whether or not he didn't do it, and I'm not going to consider him guilty from here on out just because there's a possibility he did.

And yeah, I can't really enjoy the work of people past a certain point when it comes to their crimes. I get that some people can separate art and artist and everyone has their own line, but I have no problem cutting people off, there's still plenty to listen to. I don't listen to R Kelly or Chris Brown for this reason too.

HiResDes

Yes, but the verdict is only measure we have for whether or not he didn't do it, and I'm not going to consider him guilty from here on out just because there's a possibility he did.

And yeah, I can't really enjoy the work of people past a certain point when it comes to their crimes. I get that some people can separate art and artist and everyone has their own line, but I have no problem cutting people off, there's still plenty to listen to. I don't listen to R Kelly or Chris Brown for this reason too.

Basing your moral barometer around a court decision is really silly breh...R. Kelly was acquitted you hypocrite

studyguy

Eh it's not like I ever stopped listening to Gibbs, but the dude went radio silent because of the case and it was super obvious. All I wanted was more music regardless of what happened.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Basing your moral barometer around a court decision is really silly breh...R. Kelly was acquitted you hypocrite
Yes but enough information came out around R Kelly for me to no longer feel comfortable with him. If similar information came out about Gibbs, I might feel the same way, but right now all I have is: he was accused, then he was found innocent.

HiiiLife

What about Michael Jackson? Or the many other musicians who've done despicable things. The stories happening in Rock & Roll in the 70's for example. R Kelly. Chris Brown. You could go on and on. At some point I decided to completely seperate art from artist (learning about the Dragon Quest composer years ago was a key moment). Otherwise we would probably have to dismiss at least half of any art we consume.

Not everyone can be the good role model that is Aubrey Graham.

Fjordson

Thoughts on altar?
I like it a lot. It has more variety than Goddess as far as tempo and mood and the vocals are great as always.

There are some tracks that are similar to the first record and overall I don't think it's going to win over a ton of people who weren't already fans, but if you liked Goddess you'll dig this.

New Riff Raff record "Balloween" coming soon, single with Skepta coming soon as well.

Say what you want about Riff Raff, he has some really cool album art choices. I love this one, and the one he had for Peach Panther before he changed it to the garbage one. Haven't bothered listening to it either.

New Riff Raff record "Balloween" coming soon, single with Skepta coming soon as well.

should be fun, especially the one with skepta. riff needs to step his hook game up again though. he used to be so damn good at it. i think danny brown should feature on some grime records too tbh.

m3k

i just saw freddie gibbs going home

genuinely happy... gonna go play a gibbs tape in the car

bonus: name favourite gibbs tracks to help me make a playlist, im no expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom