• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

i just saw freddie gibbs going home

genuinely happy... gonna go play a gibbs tape in the car

bonus: name favourite gibbs tracks to help me make a playlist, im no expert

Rearview
Narcos
Careless
Fuckin’ Up The Count
McDuck (feat. Dana Williams)
Mexico (feat. Tory Lanez)
Packages (feat. ManMan Savage)
10 Times (feat. Gucci Mane & E-40)
Lately
Basketball Wives
Forever and a Day
Insecurities
Freddie Gordy
Cold Ass Nigga

Man, Shadow of a Doubt was so dope.

Koozek

i can't wait for new earl after really doe
yeah, same
QL8Bnjm.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Congratulations to Gibbs for reaching Joe Budden status. I knew he'd make it one day!

KiD CuDi ft. Pharrell - Surfin'. First single off of the new album. CUDI PLS

Gucci Mane & Lil Wayne - Oh Lord. This is decent, off of the Birth of a Nation soundtrack, which is out now. From the snippets, seems like there's a bunch of good stuff on there.

Some Kimmel stuff:
Kanye WestWorld.
No Type live.
Start A Party & Black Beatles live.

Saigon - Blessing. Saigon going in.

Mura Masa ft. A$AP Rocky - Love$ick.

hey gaf hop. i just finished last chance u. it's really good.

love this one

i also like paper from esgn

I'll check it out after Luke Cage. Speaking of, Luke Cage is very very good. I've completed episode 6 so far and it's been very consistent, more so than the other MCU shows. Luke is a badass and although the show reuses a plot strand, I'm more curious to see what they do with in in the back half of the show. Plus, Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge's score is pretty dope. The title theme is amazing.

Koozek

Congratulations to Gibbs for reaching Joe Budden status. I knew he'd make it one day!

KiD CuDi ft. Pharrell - Surfin'. First single off of the new album. CUDI PLS

Gucci Mane & Lil Wayne - Oh Lord. This is decent, off of the Birth of a Nation soundtrack, which is out now. From the snippets, seems like there's a bunch of good stuff on there.

Some Kimmel stuff:
Kanye WestWorld.
No Type live.
Start A Party & Black Beatles live.

Saigon - Blessing. Saigon going in.

Mura Masa ft. A$AP Rocky - Love$ick.
Damn, Saigon in 2016. Has he ever released his debut album, btw?

FlyLo basically confirmed on Twitter his next full-length is going to be the OST to his movie, Kuso. He also mentioned that he's trying to get the movie ready for Sundance 2017, so we might not be getting a FlyLo record this year.

Koozek

Anyone heard that freestyle from Meek on hot 97? It was good, too bad he never actually sounds this way on his albums.
I don't know much of him but I have to admit I actually was surprised too about his energy and the flow was more dynamic than his usual screaming-throughout-the-whole-joint thing (kinda was off-beat though at parts - probably because it was pre-written for a different tempo).

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/compact_discs/kanye_west/yeezus/index.html

This comment....LOL:

Actually, I like experimental hip-hop (especially with really deep and conscious lyrics - real "undeground" hip-hop, not suited for MTV).
And when I listened to this album, I was very objective (I have to say I have never heard that he had done before.) And I even liked the first 4 tracks, despite the lyrics - but the music was interesting (although it's just an attempt to copy the Death Grips fame, which are very popular now). And then the album slid down, and I got bored - sea of autotune, a lot of ego and this awful lyrics. I confess, as I said above, I love hip-hop, especially experimental, but this album - it is simply an attempt to make money on the trend of experimental/industrial hip-hop. And I also was confused by a large number of lyrics writers and music producers for each track (you can see it on Wikipedia).
Overall, it's not a bad try to do something unusual, but actually this album is commercial release, trying to hide behind the mask of the "experiment", with the ultimate goal to attract more listeners and earn even more money.

By the way, very well-written and objective review!

Kwixotik

Finally got around to the new Danny Brown album. I love it, it's everything I want from Danny Brown in 2016. Beat selection reminds me of Shabazz Palaces at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom