• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Decided to check out this Dave East guy after hearing some commotion about him being signed. I put on his new mixtape/album while in the gym... eh. Its alright, not bad, but nothing really stood out as well? Seemed like your typical straight average rapper.

Decided to check out this Dave East guy after hearing some commotion about him being signed. I put on his new mixtape/album while in the gym... eh. Its alright, not bad, but nothing really stood out as well? Seemed like your typical straight average rapper.

The album is good, one of the better albums of the year. He is above average, I am glad he delivered, I was kind of worried.

Listening to Watch The Throne, is this a proper Kanye album? I admit I'm listening more for the production and Jay-Z, since as a rapper I'm just not into Kanye all that much.

Atrocity Exhibition is a really great album. Danny's unhinged addiction adventure stories on this production is just.........lawd

:bow: Danny and Q for coming back strong in 2016.

Hitta93

Banned

He's not a good songwriter, but he's definitely kills shit lyrically.

30 Niggaz and Type of Time>>>>>.

Atrocity Exhibition is a really great album. Danny's unhinged addiction adventure stories on this production is just.........lawd

:bow: Danny and Q for coming back strong in 2016.

Ain't it Funny, Downward Spiral, Pneumonia and When it Rain got some really cool ass production for sure

Eos

wtt is dope, i still listen some of tracks regularly
jay killed pretty much every song, definitely his last "good" album

Title of Logic's next album is...............AfricAryan
96NTcah.gif

Koozek

Title of Logic's next album is...............AfricAryan
96NTcah.gif

0YQfj0d.gif

I mean, I know about his being bi-racial (his interviews on that were pretty interesting), but Aryan would fit more if he was Persian or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0y-d4T1wQw

EDIT: Ah, lol, it's not about him personally, but humans in general:
“apparently the concept is based on the fact that humanity stemmed from Africa and has to do with humans going from black to white.”​

Corny.

Super LTTP but MBDTF is an incredible album. Started listening to Kanye about two weeks ago and so far I've mostly been listening to College Dropout, MBDTF and some 808s and Heartbreak. It's impressive how different those three albums are. Devil in a New Dress might be my favorite of his songs that I've listened to so far. Power is also great, for sampling King Crimson alone.

Tokubetsu

Super LTTP but MBDTF is an incredible album. Started listening to Kanye about two weeks ago and so far I've mostly been listening to College Dropout, MBDTF and some 808s and Heartbreak. It's impressive how different those three albums are. Devil in a New Dress might be my favorite of his songs that I've listened to so far. Power is also great, for sampling King Crimson alone.

Excellent picks, his three best works by a large margin. Welcome and hello!

Saw James Blake yesterday, and the funniest part of the experience was Vince Staples performing to a pretty dead crowd. It's such a shame because he played a lot of these really exciting songs (Senorita, Jump off the Roof, Big Time) and practically no one was dancing around to them largely because it was Radio City Music Hall and moshing is not really accepted in that kind of venue. Still, Vince was amazing, James was amazing, James' opener Moses Sumney was amazing.

Koozek

Saw James Blake yesterday, and the funniest part of the experience was Vince Staples performing to a pretty dead crowd. It's such a shame because he played a lot of these really exciting songs (Senorita, Jump off the Roof, Big Time) and practically no one was dancing around to them largely because it was Radio City Music Hall and moshing is not really accepted in that kind of venue. Still, Vince was amazing, James was amazing, James' opener Moses Sumney was amazing.
New Blake AOTY for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom