• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

I remember when that shit first happened people on wshh were saying Gates should've been a soccer player. Lol. Sucks for him. Luca Brasi still classic tape tho

NandoGip

Does anyone else feel like there's way too much going on in hip hop to keep up? I used to listen to EVERYTHING, but the genre has split into so many directions (which is a good thing) that I have no idea how to be on top of the newest hottest shit. I just listen to albums now -_-

he's finally allowed to release music again?

eardrums across the globe weeping

Yes new Meek Mill!

Does anyone else feel like there's way too much going on in hip hop to keep up? I used to listen to EVERYTHING, but the genre has split into so many directions (which is a good thing) that I have no idea how to be on top of the newest hottest shit. I just listen to albums now -_-

No doubt. Tired of trying to keep up,lol.

some of my most favourite projects of the last few years have been free mixtapes

just hop on HNHH like once a week and quickly skim through stuff

Medium-Rare Sean might be getting ready to drop another album sometime soon. He's been in the studio with Future, Metro Boomin, Scott Storch, and some other people according to his weirdly large fanbase on KTT.

So, yeah, that might be happening soon...

BOY.
His last album was heat.

illadelph

Views sells like a billion copies and he's polarizing. Ok then. It's clear some people just get upset when their favorite artist gets criticized.

he got lots of streams, but how many of those streams were people listening to it, only to realize that it was a weak project?

Lmao, Desiigner performed at the 76ers game last night and got booed off the court.

yoooo, I got a bunch of snaps from different people who were at the game, and he sounded ridiculously terrible. It was like Desiigner performing a parody of Desiigner, but it was actually just Desiigner being his wack-ass self.

Meek Mill is allegedly dropping DC4 tomorrow.

cautiously hype

[Big Sean's] last album was heat.

Dark Sky Paradise was great

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ATCQ officially announce new album

Cv0WferUkAAObsd.jpg

His last album was heat.
No no no no.

I know I've listened to the entirety of the album because its in my library, but I genuinely can't remember any song on it besides "All Your Fault" and "Blessings". I remember how bad "One Man Can Change the World" is, but the rest of it is a complete blank. It must have been thoroughly mediocre.

jbug617

Banned
DC4 is out
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dc4/id1168985937

Cv01mNIXYAALXmx.jpg

Tracklisting
1. On The Regular (Intro)
2. Blessed Up
3. Litty ft. Tory Lanez
4. Shine
5. Froze ft. Nicki Minaj & Lil Uzi Vert
6. Difference ft. Quavo
7. Lights Out ft. Don Q
8. Midnight Blues
9. Offended ft. Young Thug & 21 Savage
10. You Know ft. YFN Lucci
11. Way Up ft. Tracy T
12. 2 Wrongs ft. Guordan Banks & Pusha T
13. Tony Story 3
14 Mo' Money (Outro) ft. French Montana & Lil' Snupe

DC4 is anything but regular. On his fourth Dreamchasers installment, the indefatigable MC sounds focused and fired-up. “Remember they said I was done-done, f—k they aint know I’m the one-one,” he spits on the swaggering "On the Regular." Like the rest of the album, which has a guestlist that reads like a who's-who of hip-hop (Nicki Minaj, Pusha T, and Young Thug are just a few), it feels like a confident comeback aimed directly at those who underestimated him.

ARK322

Neo Member
DC4 is pretty decent. Litty, Offended, and Tony Story 3 are the highlights

New 2 Chainz is also okay. Doors Open is easily the best track, and Good Drank is also pretty nice even though Mike Dean is evidently deaf.

OG Kush

Schoolboy Q's snapchat is too funny. How is man going to bring up his disabled fans up on stage, then gets the guy in the wheelchair to stand up and skank with his bent leg while Q then proceeds to roll around in the wheelchair.

Man I remember this tune. A post on that link summaries my thoughts:
"This old Wayne mixtape flow with these sampled beats... classic stuff. Back when he was on every big song.. before he burned himself out by being on everyone and anyone's songs "

Skimmed through DC4.

It's pretty meh. The Thugga & 21 track is a standout but only because even average Thugga is better than what Meek is putting on display here.

Ninja Dom

"Lil Yachty Talks Not Knowing About 2Pac & Biggie And His Top 5 Rappers Include Drake, Lil B & Soulja Boy!"

I'm totally cool with this because it's only natural for younger generations, let's be real. It's the same for me with 80's Rap legends that I've never had any connection to. Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G. Rap & Co. are absolutly irrelevant to me as a 90's rap head. Never knew any of their songs (I coudn't even tell them apart if I heard a song). However, I can appreciate their impact on the genre, of course.

Kool G Rap made a good few albums in the 90's. He was like a father figure to the whole Queensbridge rap movement (Mobb Deep, Nas, Capone-N-Noreaga, Tragedy etc).

Koozek

Kool G Rap made a good few albums in the 90's. He was like a father figure to the whole Queensbridge rap movement (Mobb Deep, Nas, Capone-N-Noreaga, Tragedy etc).
Yeah, yeah, no doubt about their influence, as I said. I'm sure Rakim is one of our favorite rappers' favorite rappers, too. I still don't care about their music myself.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
I'm totally cool with this because it's only natural for younger generations, let's be real. It's the same for me with 80's Rap legends that I've never had any connection to. Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G. Rap & Co. are absolutly irrelevant to me as a 90's rap head. Never knew any of their songs (I coudn't even tell them apart if I heard a song). However, I can appreciate their impact on the genre, of course.

Rakim is really the only 80's rapper I can tolerate. In fact I enjoy some of Eric B & Rakim's classic joints such as 'Microphone Fiend' or "Paid in Full'. I think this stems from my interest in bboying though, always good to have some funky old school hip hop to break to.

But yeah for the most part, that dusty shit is lost on me. Appreciate what they did to bring the genre forward though, like yourself.

Reckoner

I don't dig that Charli track at all. Sounds too uninspired.

She fell off the tracks just after her first album which I loved and think is a pop masterpiece of the decade.

I don't dig that Charli track at all. Sounds too uninspired.

She fell off the tracks just after her first album which I loved and think is a pop masterpiece of the decade.
I have a feeling this album is going to be Charli's "Yeezus" to her fans; an album her old fans don't like at all, while her new fans of her electronic style are going to love it a lot.

How's DC4? It dropped at like 3am right? Moment I hopped on Twitter I saw a bunch of dusty dudes tweeting "Ya all was saying Meek was taking L's, nah don't tweet how this album is fire-emoji now."

Like what? Your dude been taking L's for a year now, his album doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom