• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I just got around to listening to joe buddens album.

He works really well with araabmusik beats. Probably one of my favorite albums this year. Hit a lot of personal notes i could relate to.

You're cool, breh! Fun having you around.

That SV is cool. Do you know Rustie's debut album, Glass Swords, from '11? You should like that! One of my absolute faves of this decade and, next to HudMo's Butter, it's what started my foray into Turbosoul/Aquacrunk/Glitch-Hop/Wonky or whatever you can call this whole new genre-blending stuff from young producers like him, Hudson Mohawke, Cashmere Cat, S-Type, and the whole Lucky Me crew, that grew up with 90's Hip Hop, Hardcore, and videogames and fuse all these sounds influences together to something fresh.

https://play.spotify.com/album/13kdLV4OxOBbqnGcJqkcKS

Oh yeah, big fan of Rustie, HudMo, Cashmere Cat et al. I'm actually quite excited about Cashmere Cat's full-length because the lead singles have been the anti-thesis of what I expect from a pop producer's debut record. Less star-filled songs, more slick unique songs.

Also, Big Sean got a song supposedly dissing Cudi worse than Drake. GOOD in shambles now, Mos is gone, CyHi is gone, Desiigner is fading away, none of their recent signees got that hype, Teyana's making workout vids, and Ye's stuck between them all.

Kanye produced "Two Birds, One Stone" and wrote it. It also interpolates a Kid Cudi song.

Reckoner

I really like Wild Love. Cashmere Cat's album is going through a good path.

Not cool that Ye's involved on that Cudi diss track. This whole beef is so dumb man. I know Ye still wants the best to Cudi. There's no point in this whole thing.

You all make fun, but you know Cudi has the best hums. He's king of the hum.

"you look so good, Id suck on ya daddy's dick"

that line should really disqualify biggie from all GOAT discussions

For me this example just shows that pretty much every rapper is going to write garbage from time to time. I can't think of any writer, whether music or books or anything like that, in which everything they write is gold or of the same high quality.

https://youtu.be/_m4trfRwHvs?t=2m30s

i loved Dj Akedemiks review on that biggie line

Lanez verse in Litty was good. I wish he didn't drop that Miller line since he's always been coat riding Drake. That meme/million line was too much--where was this fire in your own album!?

I'm not a fan of the other songs in DC4 though. I can see Litty staying in Apple top 50 for awhile but the other ones are going to probably fall out in 2 weeks.

kai3345

Banned
yall heard about this chick EMI out of seattle? was stumbling through soundcloud a few months ago and found her page, and have been way into the stuff she's putting out.

she's produced by the same dudes who made all of post malone's hits and I kinda get a similar vibe from her. she's only got a few tracks up but they all seem pretty great:

https://soundcloud.com/planetemi/tracks

HiiiLife

Depsite how much we shit on Lupe, his first two albums still are really great. Lyrically he's a lot of fun despite some of the tinfoil-hat shit, and he can write some compelling stuff. Gotta Eat still impresses me with its numerous metaphors.

I never listened to T&Y.

Lol.

Like a lot of people, my interest in his music went down after The cool. To which I agree, yeah I remember playing the shit outta em my freshman/sophomore years.

Same goes for Cudi.

HiiiLife

Finally watched ted for the first time. It was...aight I guess.

Also I keep forgetting dude was a rapper then I remember good vibrations LMAO.

NandoGip

It seems like Cudi brought shit upon himself but no one can deny his contributions to the culture. Man on the moon probably saved more suicidal people than any album in hip hop

Hitta93

Banned
It seems like Cudi brought shit upon himself but no one can deny his contributions to the culture. Man on the moon probably saved more suicidal people than any album in hip hop

Legend of Mr. Rager holds a special place in my heart for this very reason. Don't think I was ever truly suicidal, but that album got me a dark part in my life.

Maniac is still my favorite Cudi song too.

T Dollarz

I never listened to T&Y.

Lol.

Like a lot of people, my interest in his music went down after The cool. To which I agree, yeah I remember playing the shit outta em my freshman/sophomore years.

Same goes for Cudi.

Tetsuo & Youth is actually really good. Trust me, I thought Lasers was the most unforgivable shit ever, but T&Y is definitely worth checking out. Not on the same level of his first two, but it doesn't disappoint.

Cudi I would agree, nothing after MotM II is listenable.

Gonna check out that album Des. This year has been great in that it's provided like 20 top ten worthy projects. Narrowing down that list gonna be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom