• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol the irony of this is how these dudes don't realize how much like whiny bitches they sound

"they're trying to control what you can say"
"you can't say anything anymore"

softest generation my ass

yawn3.png
camby.png

Koozek

MOTM is the only Cudi I ever listened to. Was the soundtrack of my high school graduation trip to Rome. Simple as... was my jam.

Koozek

Yeah, Bucket List is dope, man. This and Sun's Tirade really hit that sweet spot for me between mid-00's soulful "relatable" underground stuff, like Median, Blu etc., and modern sound. Not too backpack-y, but still has that essence.

That looks a lot like Egon (ex-Stonesthrow/Nowagain). Pretty cool to get DOOM to do that.
Aah, I see. That's cool of DOOM to do. He also remarkably slimmer now than he did before, so good on him to do so. If only he could drop one of his many collaborative projects that he's been promising...

Nabs

I don't know who lit the fire, but Common is spitting again. I'm honestly surprised. I'll definitely be checking for his new album. Pyramids

Aah, I see. That's cool of DOOM to do. He also remarkably slimmer now than he did before, so good on him to do so. If only he could drop one of his many collaborative projects that he's been promising...

That would be nice.

Koozek

2500 is brutal though. Streaming numbers count now too btw, fyi.

CDs?

Sales are like 99% Digital & Streaming.

Unless this was some sort of parody of Andrew, if so, you flopped harder than dram.
Aren't there different types of sales tracking systems, though, and only one counts in streams or something like that? Even with streams it was 2500? Broccoli alone has 170 million streams on Spotify.

Aren't there different types of sales, though, and only one counts in streams or something like that? Even with streams it was 2500? Broccoli alone has 170 million streams on Spotify.
Pretty much all sales reported are SPS(Sales+streaming)

Pre album single streams/sales don't count toward actual album sales.

I think once the numbers are officially out there, it'll be a bit higher, but looking at the spotify numbers, none of the songs on the albums outside of the pre release singles have super strong streaming counts.

Koozek

Pretty much all sales reported are SPS(Sales+streaming)

Pre album single streams/sales don't count toward actual album sales.

I think once the numbers are officially out there, it'll be a bit higher, but looking at the spotify numbers, none of the songs on the albums outside of the pre release singles have super strong streaming counts.
Hmm, I thought I remembered reading about how Drake's crazy single streaming numbers for One Dance contributed to his album sale numbers too. Found it:
On just Spotify alone, recently released singles “One Dance” and “Pop Style” have amassed 67 million and 18 million global plays, respectively. Upon Views’ release, any of those plays that occurred in the United States will apply not only to those songs’ qualifications towards RIAA digital single certifications, but towards the album certification as well. By the RIAA’s new methodology, that amounts to potentially tens of thousands of applicable and attributable sales the second Views drops, though notably it won’t factor into its placement on Billboard’s album charts.

Furthermore, the inclusion of 2015 single “Hotline Bling” as a bonus track could send Views’ RIAA numbers skyrocketing. With well over 400 million Spotify streams worldwide and close to 700 million official YouTube plays globally on Drake’s Vevo channel, this aging hit could be the infusion that sends Views well on its way to multi-platinum status before year’s end.​

Alpende

Who buys CDs, though? Like, who here has bought any in the last years/months/weeks? I get all my music from the public library.

I like the album, btw. Easy listen.

I buy CD's, I like having physical copies of stuff. Recently I bought the new ones from NxWorries, Phantogram and Danny Brown.

Koozek

I buy CD's, I like having physical copies of stuff. Recently I bought the new ones from NxWorries, Phantogram and Danny Brown.
I only see it as plastic crap piling up, that you'll eventually have to get rid off when you move somewhere anyway, and a waste of space for almost no real benefits, as I rarely watch or read anything more than once. I don't buy movies, games, books physical anymore. Spotify, Netflix, and Steam all the way (except for special console games like FFs or Zeldas).

ARK322

Neo Member
Anyone else have strong seasonal associations when it comes to certain albums? For instance, I start listening to more boom-bap shit
and black metal
in fall/winter, and more West Coast stuff in spring/summer. I've got a few friends who are with me on that, but I know a lot more people who just listen to whatever whenever. I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts.

On a related note, it blows my mind that The Chronic dropped in December. And I think 2001 was November. Those epitomize summer albums for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom