• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

40s flow is pretty creative, like he took the Supa Dupa flow and dialed it back, it's like a deconstruction of swag rap. It's mad amusing and comical and you can tell 40 was having a ball on the track, don't know why people take this rap shit so seriously all the time anyway. Like I remember people shitting on Kanye's verse on That Part when it was one of the most memorable and quotable of the year.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
KRIT is independent now? Goddamn I'm behind with the times. One of my favourite artists, good on him. Been playing Return of 4eva non stop in the car last couple of days... so damn good.

Speaking of the south, I tried to get into T.I back in the day. Didn't feel it at the time.
Might give his music another go....what's his best project to start off with?

Czarface - A Fistful of Peril just showed up in Spotify. Didn't even know a third album was coming out.

Going in

Bout 6 tracks in and this is fire. You should know what to expect from a Czarface album. So far feels stronger than the second album

Edit: finished, great album. Doesn't feel too long and the sound feels refined. The boys have really found their niche and these beats allow Deck to really shine in this day and age. Some great tracks that will be taken for playlists. If you liked the original Czarface you'll like this.

Biz where you at

HiiiLife

KRIT is independent now? Goddamn I'm behind with the times. One of my favourite artists, good on him. Been playing Return of 4eva non stop in the car last couple of days... so damn good.

Speaking of the south, I tried to get into T.I back in the day. Didn't feel it at the time.
Might give his music another go....what's his best project to start off with?

Paper trail is his most accessible.

Dereck

I think 40s verse is piff and hilarious at the same time. I don't get the hate.
Yeah

40s flow is pretty creative, like he took the Supa Dupa flow and dialed it back, it's like a deconstruction of swag rap. It's mad amusing and comical and you can tell 40 was having a ball on the track, don't know why people take this rap shit so seriously all the time anyway. Like I remember people shitting on Kanye's verse on That Part when it was one of the most memorable and quotable of the year.
Yeah, I was one of those people admittedly. At first..

Not even close, gonna go with Skoobzilla
Skoobzilla doesn't even have a song with drums that touches the first 3 songs off that Jeezy album. I like Nard and B as producers but I don't really commend them for the bass in their beats TBH.

Jeezy album just consistently back to back in your face with the hard hitting trap beats plus I like nard and b slower songs more

Not even close, gonna go with Skoobzilla

This thread completely slept on skoob.
francis.png

Ahh Man

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MadeinTYO ft. Big Sean - Skate

KXNG Crooked ft. Eminem - Welcome To Planet X. No actual Em verse, lol:

“Taking place in an alternate reality, “Planet X” kicks off the concept of the entire album. Right away, Eminem provides commentary that lets you know you’re being exposed to a world different than your own” Crooked stated to Billboard. “Similarities like environmental racism, police brutality, extreme poverty, crooked cops and politicians exist, but in this alternate reality the lower class citizens use violence to fight back at all times. So if you’re the governor of Michigan and the people of Flint blame you for its water crisis, they’ll come for your head! I love this record because it touches on topics like the destruction of the middle class, the plight of poor people and it has the presence of my superstar homie Eminem; which forces people to pay attention to the issues the song tackles. Thanks Em!”

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know someone or another brings this up every other month but

Be is a truly special album brehs, honestly I don't listen to it as much as I should for how high I regard it as, but it really has this magical quality to it for me. Every time I listen I submerge myself in the production and how Common comes perfect on every beat.

He worked with her, she was his lady's best friend
Even if they don't try some ladies test men
And this was a test that was bigger than him
Some believe its the nature that is given to men
He had a good gig, a wife, a kid, a decent home
One reason or another couldn't find peace at home
She asked, "Why do men always have to stray?"
He said, "I'm bad, not as bad as Eric Benet"

Trying to find herself again, much of that she'd have gave
Love can free us, to it some of us react as a slave
Funny, we love 'em more when they're relaxed in a grave
Wonder if a thug is raw, is he actin' afraid?

Felt the Southside venom in raw hides and denim
Pimp minds collide with 'em, a system that tries victims
We livin' in, my man in the fast lane pivotin'
On the block white is selling like Eminem
On the block it jump off like Kim and 'em

And one of my favourite verses and songs of all time:

I want to be as free as the spirits of those who left
I'm talking Malcolm, Coltrane, my man Yusef
Through death grew conception, new breath and resurrection
For moms, new steps in a direction
Bush pushing lies, killers immortalized
We got arms but won't reach for the skies
Waiting for the Lord to rise, I look into my daughter's eyes
And realize I'ma learn through her
The Messiah, might even return through her
If I'ma do it, I gotta change the world through her

ARK322

Neo Member
I've lived in the Bay Area most of my life so I'm basically legally prohibited from disliking anything from E40. Including slurricane.

Koozek

Be is a truly special album brehs, honestly I don't listen to it as much as I should for how high I regard it as, but it really has this magical quality to it for me. Every time I listen I submerge myself in the production and how Common comes perfect on every beat.

He worked with her, she was his lady's best friend
Even if they don't try some ladies test men
And this was a test that was bigger than him
Some believe its the nature that is given to men
He had a good gig, a wife, a kid, a decent home
One reason or another couldn't find peace at home
She asked, "Why do men always have to stray?"
He said, "I'm bad, not as bad as Eric Benet"

Trying to find herself again, much of that she'd have gave
Love can free us, to it some of us react as a slave
Funny, we love 'em more when they're relaxed in a grave
Wonder if a thug is raw, is he actin' afraid?

Felt the Southside venom in raw hides and denim
Pimp minds collide with 'em, a system that tries victims
We livin' in, my man in the fast lane pivotin'
On the block white is selling like Eminem
On the block it jump off like Kim and 'em

Yes, yes, yes. Just yesterday I was in the mood for it again. It's the perfect album for me, which I can always go back to. No skipper, not too long. Flawless production.

Need to listen to his new one again. Really liked it on the first listen.

French is dropping Mac & Cheese 4 as a mixtape now.

This is truly a new low for a major label's treatment of an artist. First, French gets his album all ready and releases a teaser tape for it in 2014. Epic then pushes it back to 2016. He then releases singles for the record. Then, the album is pushed back for sample clearances days before the release of it, Target doesn't get the memo and leaks the thing in full, then L.A. Reid basically admits the sample clearances were false and made the decision to push it back for lack of hype, again days before the release of the album. French cancels the album and yet it still appears on iTunes only to be pulled down. Now, it's coming out as a mixtape.

Have I missed something in the epic saga of MC4?

Yeah, the verse from Be is really good. Common really touches on something emotional without going all cornball. The Corner is also a fantastic song in every way.

French is dropping Mac & Cheese 4 as a mixtape now.

This is truly a new low for a major label's treatment of an artist. First, French gets his album all ready and releases a teaser tape for it in 2014. Epic then pushes it back to 2016. He then releases singles for the record. Then, the album is pushed back for sample clearances days before the release of it, Target doesn't get the memo and leaks the thing in full, then L.A. Reid basically admits the sample clearances were false and made the decision to push it back for lack of hype, again days before the release of the album. French cancels the album and yet it still appears on iTunes only to be pulled down. Now, it's coming out as a mixtape.

Have I missed something in the epic saga of MC4?

have mercy is fiyah, beans somehow got his voice back.

A bit late, but this Tinashe mixtape is really good. It's such a shame RCA keeps screwing her over, but she's doing this blend of hip-hop and R&B-pop really well. I'm excited now for Joyride.

Between her record, Charli's new record in May 2017, and whatever Carly Bae Jepsen chooses to release, pop's shaping up to be intriguing next year. Considering next year is the 10 year anniversary of BTSTU's recording and the 5 year anniversary of Jasmine, maybe Jai will bless us next year. Maybe...

T_T JAI WHY MUST YOU HURT ME SO.

Koozek

Never listened to a David Bowie album, gonna check out the new one. Totally clueless about his work. I know him mainly through articles and interviews about his involvement in Quantic Dream's Omikron: The Nomad Soul (created an original soundtrack and did mo-cap + voice acting for a character in the game), lol.
---

Oh, and I been telling you Tinashe is legit. Her tapes were nice. Gonna check out the new one tomorrow.

HiResDes

Never listened to a David Bowie album, gonna check out the new one. Totally clueless about his work. I know him mainly through articles and interviews about his involvement in Quantic Dream's Omikron: The Nomad Soul (created an original soundtrack and did mo-cap + voice acting for a character in the game), lol.
---

Oh, and I been telling you Tinashe is legit. Her tapes were nice. Gonna check out the new one tomorrow.
I wouldn't start with his last album as great as it is

Used to This isn't particularly special or daring, in fact I'd call it pretty safe. The beat wouldn't feel out of place on Beast Mode (which is a general thing with Zay, I guess) and Fewch is crooning like in his Honest/pre-4peat days.

But it's catchy as hell and it's the first song I feel Drake wasn't completely overshadowed. It's quotables for the twitter/IG generation in abundance too. Could be a hit.

Young Pluto :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom