• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, what rating would you all give Blank Face? I'm torn on either a high 8 or a low 9. It's a great album.

full

Nah, it's good but not as good as H&C. High 8 for me.

Second verse.

This Post Malone & Quavo track is nice.

full

Koozek

For All We Know by Nao
Tigallerro by Phonte / Eric Robertson
ELdorado by Ro James
Eastway by Hudson East

I can see Solange and River Tiber making it but River Tiber is still relatively fresh in my head, and as for Solange I just want to try and save room for other genres in my top 10.
Going through the new Phonte right now. Loved the early Foreign Exchange stuff back then. And Nicolay's instrumental albums.

GWKyyZd.gif

Koozek

Album is so good man.
Glad it's a bit more Hip Hop/R&B production-wise. Foreign Exchange got a bit too "clean" for me if you know what I mean, at least from what I remember (only listened to the newer albums once). Phonte's underrated. He birthed cats like Drake too.

This new Common album is a more effortless version of what Kendrick Lamar tried to do with TPAB and the total absence of un-listenable garbage like "u" is a testament to Common's seasoned hand at making these kinds of albums. If you're a Common fan, his latest is must-listen.

Koozek

This new Common album is a more effortless version of what Kendrick Lamar tried to do with TPAB and the total absence of un-listenable garbage like "u" is a testament to Common's seasoned hand at making these kinds of albums. If you're a Common fan, his latest is must-listen.
Just was about to post how smooth this is. Really nice.

Dereck

BSML1sf.gif

ARK322

Neo Member

giphy.gif

ARK322

Neo Member
Anyway, what rating would you all give Blank Face? I'm torn on either a high 8 or a low 9. It's a great album.

High 8. Great variety of sounds, and Q vibes with it all. Points off for one of the weakest Alc beats I've heard (beginning of Know Ya Wrong) and the atrocity that is Big Body. Groovy Tony / Eddie Kane is SOTY though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom