• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was sort of stricken and nervous whether or not it would come in good condition, but thankfully I was spared that unfortunate situation. Case is a little old, but the disc was in damn near perfect condition. I plan on hanging on to that one for a long time.

On a more depressing note, my headphones broke....fuck this.

depending on your financial situation, this may be a blessing in disguise

I have plenty of income, so not really, ha ha. My headphones will cost me around thirty dollars anyway. It's just a pain in the ass to order and wait for them....no music for a little while! I'll go crazy, ha ha.

HiResDes

generic J.Cole?

his flow is faster than Cole, and I don't see the whole "less offensive" part at all
I'm talking styles not necessarily flows though they share a few similarities in that regard as well, but their both mainstream appealing everymen with a penchant for subject matter that can succinctly be characterized as a whole lot of inflated nothing. I give trap rappers a pass because they're fairly self aware in their lack of lyrical depth but guys like Cole, Dizzy Wright, and Logic get away with seeming self important and grandiose and yet their themes are consist of vague self help propaganda and half boasts juxtaposed to feigned humility.

If you ever want some cheap recs I got you.

MUSIC IS FUN DUB SESH

I got the Sennheiser HD203....for that price they work rather well. Not sure what else is out there. Testing headphones can be a pain in the ass, not to mention that I wear glasses which makes wearing headphones all the more terrible. I like the earphone pieces on those Sennheiser headphones, they are placed on the ear only.

HiResDes

I got the Sennheiser HD203....for that price they work rather well. Not sure what else is out there. Testing headphones can be a pain in the ass, not to mention that I wear glasses which makes wearing headphones all the more terrible. I like the earphone pieces on those Sennheiser headphones, they are placed on the ear only.

Try these man if you ever get a chance try these, I promise you won't be sorry

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZJZ7OA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Are you using a receiver of some sort? Also what kind of setup do you want 2.1? What's your price range? What kind of records man?

I have an AT-LP 120 so all I need are speakers and headphones. Mainly play jazz records and listen to hip hop/rock/etc on mobile devices, but I'm transitioning to vinyl for those genres too. I'd prefer to keep the speakers <$200, also <$200 for headphones.

IrishNinja

finally! why 11 minutes tho starks...watchin soon

MASERATI MARTY GETTING THAT WORK

ahahaha on point with these names

Ghostface kinda taking a L there
wtzgU.gif

aint een seen it yet but i gotta disagree

the bronson video was better

aint een seen it yet but i gotta agree

Shit got me wishing DMX had never hit the pipe- Gibbs

Dude's music is featured on a giant ass marvel movie about to drop and meanwhile he's out here on his ass nearly OD. Shits a fucked up.

this shit really is fuckin tragic right here, dude stays needin serious help and only puttin out albums for my man 36 chambers once in a while

I have been a Ye Stan for a long time but I can't fuck with this.

just came across Logic the other day.

hot damn is that guy good.

shoulda left his true value brand ass inna bushes, but at least your'e enjoying 'im

we both know if it don't deliver in spades, there'll be jokes/more hate
okay even if it does the herbs will have those, but no one will care

What is Kanye talking about

he had me at ric flair

Yay! My copy of Organized Konfusion: Stress, The Extinction Agenda came in the mail today.

congrats! straight classic, that

Ninja Dom

Can't wait to make the thread on Reasonable Doubt's 20th anniversary in June this year.

1 page thread incoming

Co-incidentally I listened to Reasonable Doubt on Monday. And the album has held up very well. Shame Jay doesn't rap like that with the passion and energised flow that he had there. Well...the hunger's gone. Only thing that is corny now are the Scarface & Carlito's Way skits. And Dame Dash's shouting.

Jay-Hova

Banned
1 page thread incoming
I'll hope for one with half of a second page.
Co-incidentally I listened to Reasonable Doubt on Monday. And the album has held up very well. Shame Jay doesn't rap like that with the passion and energised flow that he had there. Well...the hunger's gone. Only thing that is corny now are the Scarface & Carlito's Way skits. And Dame Dash's shouting.
He did it for 11 years and then continued to be a great rapper just not on par with his previous work (as a whole, there's still individual songs and verses he put's out that tap into that imo), that's good enough for me.

Jay-Hova

Banned
This isnt just his recent material, after RD he released in my lifetime vol. 1-3, which are all mediocre i havent even bothered to listen to those albums in like a decade because they were just so plain and unmemorable. I dont even know anybody who likes these albums.

The Blueprint is mad overrated imo, it features such "classic" tracks like Hola Hovito and Jigga that Nigga, gimme a fucking break who bumps that garbage? Girls girls girls yea ok mad classic, Then a weak ass verse on Renegade that Em completely destroys with his own and a somewhat passable diss track that Nas completely murdered him over. Not exactly what i would call "genre defining" but ok. Bunch of filler like most of his albums.

I love American Gangster. Album flows so well together and every track seems to blend in perfectly with the whole concept, the rhyme schemes are also pretty advanced it kind of came out of nowhere after the garbage i was used to hearing from Jay.

He knew how to play the game and become very successful but lets not act like his discography is something it isnt. That whole Roc-a-fella era shit hurts my ears nowadays and has aged horribly.
Does this poster post in this thread? Because I don't want to bump that old thread and have them probably not see my response if I make it.
@LewisHamilton

CauVwlVXIAAexrI.png:large
Nice of Jay to take a picture with K-Dot, considering K-Dot has compared him to MJ, said RD was better than Illmatic, and called him the GOAT and placed him in his top five multiple times.
Take time out for the fans.
That's the/my God MC.

Ninja Dom

Does this poster post in this thread? Because I don't want to bump that old thread and have them probably not see my response if I make it.

Nah, Marz doesn't post here in GAF-Hop. Just address him in those threads, they're only a day old or so. Send him a PM to look at the threads.

PBY

Banned
So Ebro confirmed these ye lyrics, and Chris Brown is officially on TLOP

Brehs...

"I wish I would go ahead and fuck my life up" #FML #TLOP @kanyewest @trvisXX @theweeknd

"Tell Taylor Swift I made that bitch famous, I made that bitch famous" #Famous #Waves @kanyewest

"I bet me and Ray J can be frieeends if we ain't loved the same bitch, ain't matter he hit it first, only problem is I'm rich" #Waves

Koozek

Really liked Islah. EVOL is getting better with each listen. Also been blasting DS2 again, which is still kinda fresh to me after being late to it last year, and man... so dope.

Koozek

So Ebro confirmed these ye lyrics, and Chris Brown is officially on TLOP

Brehs...

"I wish I would go ahead and fuck my life up" #FML #TLOP @kanyewest @trvisXX @theweeknd

"Tell Taylor Swift I made that bitch famous, I made that bitch famous" #Famous #Waves @kanyewest

"I bet me and Ray J can be frieeends if we ain't loved the same bitch, ain't matter he hit it first, only problem is I'm rich" #Waves

Wow.

scust.png
scust.png
scust.png

HiResDes

I have an AT-LP 120 so all I need are speakers and headphones. Mainly play jazz records and listen to hip hop/rock/etc on mobile devices, but I'm transitioning to vinyl for those genres too. I'd prefer to keep the speakers <$200, also <$200 for headphones.

It has a built-in preamp right? If so you still need active speakers rather than passive ones.

So I'd recommend the PreSonus Eris E4.5, Mackie CR4, or Alesis Elevate 5 speakers...None of them are going to have mindblowing bass but you can always add a cheap little sub to round out the sound.

As for the headphones I assume you want closed ones so I'd recommend: AKG K553, Soundmagic HP150, Fostex RPmk3, or NVX XPT100

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It may not be the best thread to ask but....anyone knows what happened to Frank Ocean? The guy just vanished after Channel Orange.

Can't believe how hard I slept on Billy Woods. This is the first backpacker/underground type dude I've enjoyed (besides DOOM, of course) since Def Jux first launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom