• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

RD > Blueprint > Black Album

this is the correct top 3

RD is my favorite album some days outta the week; drug dealing raps, but with depth and honesty that are rarely seen

Blueprint is Jay just completely on top of the whole rap game

Black Album is absolutely incredible if you pretend that he's actually going through and retiring after the project

As much as I want to, I can't hate on this man.

Doin the city proud.

Wow. Respect from one 6God to another

As for that ye album I'm excited but not expecting too much from this one. It seems like the most last minute project he's ever made (which is saying something). And honestly no more parties in LA is terrible. Like I seriously think I enjoyed drunk and hot girls more.

If it's the only track of its kind on that tho then that will be nice

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. Respect from one 6God to another

As for that ye album I'm excited but not expecting too much from this one. It seems like the most last minute project he's ever made (which is saying something). And honestly no more parties in LA is terrible. Like I seriously think I enjoyed drunk and hot girls more.

If it's the only track of its kind on that tho then that will be nice
How is it the most last minute when he's spent the longest time working on it, it went through multiple revisions, and unlike Yeezus it's done before digital release?

Aren't they in the studio like literally as we type this?

Plus there's no clear vision here.

Yeezus, MBDTF and 808s were so sure of them self, you know what mindset he was in as you heard the songs and the production. Here he gave us all day to sort of test the waters and it didn't work. And then he throws a track like no more parties onto the album which you can easily feel how rushed and lazy it is as you listen to it.

Real Friends sounds like a lot more effort was put into it tho, like it's been on the back burner for a while. Whatever we'll find out in less than 24 hours...

Not surprising; I made the mistake of sleeping on Death is Silent vinyl...god knows if we'll see a repressing on that one

Where's kno at. Would kill for a sequel to that album. Production on it was crazy

Yeezus was made and released quickly for sure but like you hear those two songs at SNL and you knew exactly what he was trying to do. Can't say there was no direction there.

This tho....no more parties really put a rut in it for me

It would be like if he premiered yeezus with bound 2...so hopefully that track is misleading and it ends up being the bound 2 of the album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren't they in the studio like literally as we type this?

Plus there's no clear vision here.

Yeezus, MBDTF and 808s were so sure of them self, you know what mindset he was in as you heard the songs and the production. Here he gave us all day to sort of test the waters and it didn't work. And then he throws a track like no more parties onto the album which you can easily feel how rushed and lazy it is as you listen to it.

Real Friends sounds like a lot more effort was put into it tho, like it's been on the back burner for a while. Whatever we'll find out in less than 24 hours...
No the listening party was last night. The vision is relativelt clear, although sonically it's kind of all over the place. Ebro just described it today as a greatest hits of all of Ye's styles. If you're going off of the singles it's remorse and retaliation, and if you're going off of what he's said then it's positivity and a gospel to the people.

Nah, Yeezus was the same thing. There was no direction either and was building up the album the last few weeks.
Yep, Yeezus was "worse" in this regard. We basically only knew it was gonna be aggressive and angry and politically charged. Then when we got the album we found out later it was more of an experiment in drums in intent.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The multiple name changes without of any sort of consistency between them is pretty odd, but I'm gonna wait until I hear the entire album on my own, from start to finish, before I judge anything.

HiResDes

Can't believe how hard I slept on Billy Woods. This is the first backpacker/underground type dude I've enjoyed (besides DOOM, of course) since Def Jux first launched.
Here are some other Def Jux friendly albums I've really enjoyed over the past few years:

YC the Cynic - GNK
Zeroh - AwfulAlterations
Cities Aviv - Digital Lows
Hail Mary Mallon - Bestiary
Carl Kavorkian - The Happiest Sad Face
Has-Lo - In Case I Don't Make It
Quelle Chris - Innocent Country/Niggas is Men
Rob Sonic - Alice in Thunderdome
Cult Favorite - For Madmen Only
Armand Hammer - Race Music
Jeremiah Jae - Rawhyde/Raw Money Raps
Jonwayne - Rap Album One
Open Mic Eagle - Rappers Will Die of Natural Causes
Haleek Maul - Oxyconteen
Flash Bang Grenada - 10 Haters
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access

Dereck

Here are some other Def Jux friendly albums I've really enjoyed over the past few years:

YC the Cynic - GNK
Zeroh - AwfulAlterations
Jonwayne - Rap Album One
Haleek Maul - Oxyconteen
What did you think about Time and Materials

HiiiLife

Hoping we get Views tracklist or artwork for all star weekend. Lowkey hope S16 isn't on it.

Highkey hope MW2 remaster is announced over the weekend since that's when Activision always reveal cods.

Ninja Dom

Hoping we get Views tracklist or artwork for all star weekend. Lowkey hope S16 isn't on it.

Highkey hope MW2 remaster is announced over the weekend since that's when Activision always reveal cods.

He'll prob drop some news or something new on his next OVO Sound Radio Show.

Nearly a week gone by, anyone still listening to EVOL?

Nibel

Ye album tracklist, The Life Of Pablo

45rrVSm.jpg

NMPIL and I think a few others are missing..

CoolOff

This is gonna get lost in all the Ye-hype, but holy shit Roy Woods is the fucking truth. He only has Exis on Spotify, but this is among the best work within this genre I've ever heard.

Koozek

Ye album tracklist, The Life Of Pablo

45rrVSm.jpg

NMPIL and I think a few others are missing..
So glad NMPIL is gone. It's a cool song (Kendrick's verse is wack), but not for an album.
---

The high-pitched "Whaaat" on "In Her Mouth", though. EVOL > TLOP.

Koozek

FWIW my real guess is The Life of Pablo

So, PBY called it. That's cool and all, but could we also maybe not forget that I supported his idea and was sure it would be the right one?

Wait, wasn't that even the name of a rumored track from the album? I really think that's it :O

EDIT: Ahh, lol, no. It was just a line from No More Parties or Real Friends. “I feel like Pablo...“ or something like that.

Just saying.

YC the Cynic - GNK
Zeroh - AwfulAlterations
Jonwayne - Rap Album One
Haleek Maul - Oxyconteen

Thanks. I dig Digital Lows and I'll definitely check out some of this other stuff. I'm not a Def Jux fan by any stretch except at the point in time when Cold Vein, I Phantom, Fantastic Damage and Labor Days all first came out.

That Ghost/DOOM was never going to drop this month.

We're still waiting for this? Is this the same Ghost/DOOM from like 7 years ago?

Anyways, life of Pablo let's go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom