• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

a lot of dead hip hop artists are overrated, biggie, pac, pun, big l, eminem, guru, eydea...
LBRpjsY.gif

gAxFqdw.png

Yes, Dilla did make a few weak beats after meeting Madlib.
gAxFqdw.png

Pretty much, I love Dilla, but man he suffers a lot from the Cobain effect.

Really don't think that's a good comparison given that pretty much no one was doing what Dilla was doing at the time. His use of micro samples, the way he did his drums, the way he chopped samples...all before Pro Tools, so he was doing it all manually...gotta give credit where it's due. And then when he did start using Pro Tools? Insane.

He had the best drums and chops in hip hop. Don't take my word for it - ask Pete Rock, Dr. Dre, or Kanye.

Dereck

Yeah, I'm not down for someone trying to tell me why an excellent producer who died 10 years ago is excellent, I've seen this conversation so many times in so many different places, everyone else has too I'm sure.

Now, back to this new Ye.

OvovW1u.png

I think I like the OG wolves better, but that nori/wolves punchline was dope. Also Frank>Vic, on any level really.

yeah but he should have used frank throughout the track rather than close him out. and sia really added the mood to wolves. pour one out for the real wolves.

and also for us missing this album this weekend. unless he releases digitally tomorrow.

PBY

Banned
yeah but he should have used frank throughout the track rather than close him out. and sia really added the mood to wolves. pour one out for the real wolves.

and also for us missing this album this weekend. unless he releases digitally tomorrow.

i feel like this release is gonna be a mess lol

Sad to see Kanye continue to antagonize Taylor Swift. They've been making the best pop music over the last 5-10 years, it's a shame we'll never see them collab. I kind of wonder if Taylor turned down an offer to be on this album hence the diss.

Freestyle 4 is so damn good. Reminded me of '06 on Vince Staples' album.

yeah it definitely reminds me of a vince staples track. and then that glitchy phone dial tone noise is cool too.

god damn famous has such a good outro and swizz beats RUINS it. just like he ruins our damn environment by wasting it's precious oxygen (yeah i'm mad lol)

Disappointed about no Aubrey, but Thug? Nice.

he doesn't really get a verse on it. just some padding work on the chorus.

gotta say though 'fml'. holy crap, got that on repeat. need to know the sample on the outro. it's up there as one of his best songs ever. last ye song i liked this much was...hold my liquor.

PBY

Banned

gotta say though 'fml'. holy crap, got that on repeat. need to know the sample on the outro. it's up there as one of his best songs ever. last ye song i liked this much was...hold my liquor.
Supposedly thugger will be on SNL with ye doing lights- so there might be a full version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Chance verse was great too. I've been seriously disillusioned by all of his work since Acid Rap but he couldn't have came better or fit better than on Ultra Light Beams.

PBY

Banned
That Chance verse was great too. I've been seriously disillusioned by all of his work since Acid Rap but he couldn't have came better or fit better than on Ultra Light Beams.
You should track down his othertone guest spot on beats1. He was cool and dropped a Kanye mix.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

hold my liquor is too short ={

HiiiLife

People in that thread already hyping that shit up like its the greatest kanye album ever. Didn't know so many ye stans existed outside of GAF hop.

This better be good bruh bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom