• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking some brews and listening to Organized Konfusion's debut album

how can music be this good guys? how? like, damn

Wake up to the mathematics of an erratic rap
Rejuvenator of rhyme, that sort of come automatic
Poetical medical medicine for the cerebellum
I divert em and flirt em insert em then I repel em
A breakdown....poetical shakedown
Fifty-two pick-up a stick-up so get on the floor facedown
The ammo to keep the people steppin-
-breakin open the vault because I'm like a verbal assault weapon

cl9cXEB.gif

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People in that thread already hyping that shit up like its the greatest kanye album ever. Didn't know so many ye stans existed outside of GAF hop.

This better be good bruh bruh.

it's good but i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel underwhelmed. especially with all of the masterpiece talk being thrown around.

first 4 tracks and FML are legit awesome tho

HiiiLife

it's good but i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel underwhelmed. especially after all of the masterpiece talk being thrown around.

first 4 tracks and FML are legit awesome tho

Chance killed it on light beams. Was waiting for him to impress me since Acid Rap and there he goes.

Not really compelled to stare at a bunch of hobos wearing hobo clothing tho so I'll just wait for the actual album to release before I dive back in.

riotous

Banned
Let the hype get to me and listend to FML...

I don't get it (the hype.)

And I love The Weeknd; terrible Kanye lyrics and way overdone autotune.. lawd.

edit: hoping this is a safer space than the OT... plz don't hate me hip-hop GAF, I'm back to waiting on the CDQ and scrubbing my memory of that FML listen with some DRUGGGSSS

DominoKid

well I finished the stream. TLOP is definitely the best album of all time so Ye's got that going for him

i truly don't get what my dude is doing with the fashion though. he's really about this futuristic disaffected hobo drab brown/gray shit.

illadelph

Wake up to the mathematics of an erratic rap
Rejuvenator of rhyme, that sort of come automatic
Poetical medical medicine for the cerebellum
I divert em and flirt em insert em then I repel em
A breakdown....poetical shakedown
Fifty-two pick-up a stick-up so get on the floor facedown
The ammo to keep the people steppin-
-breakin open the vault because I'm like a verbal assault weapon

cl9cXEB.gif

that gif is accurate to how I was feeling

Opinions on Stress?

...haven't listened to it yet, gonna get on that

well I finished the stream. TLOP is definitely the best album of all time so Ye's got that going for him

i truly don't get what my dude is doing with the fashion though. he's really about this futuristic disaffected hobo drab brown/gray shit.

Honestly I don't even think Ye knows what he's doing with that fashion line.

Dude peaked with the Yeezy 2s. I just want a damn pair of Red Octobers without spending a GPU for them.

IrishNinja

team Dilla

finna wait on ye's final release on this shit but interested in impressions

...damn, not a good sign fam

a lot of dead hip hop artists are overrated, biggie, pac, pun, big l, eminem, guru, eydea...

triggered by the overuse of the term overrated, cosigning the em shot so it's a wash

Sad to see Kanye continue to antagonize Taylor Swift. They've been making the best pop music over the last 5-10 years, it's a shame we'll never see them collab. I kind of wonder if Taylor turned down an offer to be on this album hence the diss.

you know? that does sound like a possibility when you put it like that, yeah

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah idk, the more i think about TLOP the more disappointing it becomes. i'll reserve full judgement until the real deal is out.

there's some great moments (Ultra Light Beams, Freestyle 4, the Bam Bam sample drop, FML, Real Friends is still great, etc.) but the lack of any real progression musically kinda sucks. and there's some highly questionable lyrics in there too but that's to be expected i guess
even though this is the same guy who wrote Gorgeous 5 years ago.

good energy positive energy

EloquentM

aka Mannny
yeah idk, the more i think about TLOP the more disappointing it becomes. i'll reserve full judgement until the real deal is out.

there's some great moments (Ultra Light Beams, Freestyle 4, the Bam Bam sample drop, FML, Real Friends is still great, etc.) but the lack of any real progression musically kinda sucks. and there's some highly questionable lyrics in there too but that's to be expected i guess
even though this is the same guy wrote Gorgeous 5 years ago.

good energy positive energy

same guy, yup

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Does anybody here remember Obie Trice? What the hell happened to him? His first album wasn't bad.

As the last remaining Obie fan, let me explain. He started to dabble with metal/rap production, as he's clearly a fan of the Detroit rock scene. However, his enunciated rap style clashed with it heavily and the resulting songs kind of sucked as a result. He did that for 3 albums.

Last year, he put out an album that wasn't half bad, but was filled with lyrics that presumed that he was at the top of the game. Even though I love the dude's flow and Cheers will always be a classic to me, that shit was ridiculous. Like listening to some 34 year old talking about how he was going to an NFL training camp. Just sad. No real reflection, no real thoughts on his present state. It was an encapsulation of Busta's "Legends of the Fall Off"

Obie still has the chops, but the man is living a delusion.

As the last remaining Obie fan, let me explain. He started to dabble with metal/rap production, as he's clearly a fan of the Detroit rock scene. However, his enunciated rap style clashed with it heavily and the resulting songs kind of sucked as a result. He did that for 3 albums.

Last year, he put out an album that wasn't half bad, but was filled with lyrics that presumed that he was at the top of the game. Even though I love the dude's flow and Cheers will always be a classic to me, that shit was ridiculous. Like listening to some 34 year old talking about how he was going to an NFL training camp. Just sad. No real reflection, no real thoughts on his present state. It was an encapsulation of Busta's "Legends of the Fall Off"

Obie still has the chops, but the man is living a delusion.

I just hope he isn't broke now. Dude works hard to make it big....then they lose it. That sucks.

Lady still has a great Eminem verse.

Koozek

WATTBA has grown on me so much these last few days.
Yup, it still hasn't left my to-go playlist for when I'm commuting. Honestly should have put it in my Top 10 or at least Honorable Mentions.
---

Why would anyone listen to TLOP livestream rips instead of waiting a day or so? It does come out today, no?

overcast

Kanye needs to get the fuck out of here with the complete flop of an album release. How are you gonna play the whole thing (?) and not have the thing prepped for launch.

FZZ

Banned
Kanye needs to get the fuck out of here with the complete flop of an album release. How are you gonna play the whole thing (?) and not have the thing prepped for launch.

Yeah the one thing I can't defend at all is the rollout of the album

Maybe Kanye needs to go back on his anxiety meds :/

FML will be worth it though

HiiiLife

Let the hype get to me and listend to FML...

I don't get it (the hype.)

And I love The Weeknd; terrible Kanye lyrics and way overdone autotune.. lawd.

edit: hoping this is a safer space than the OT... plz don't hate me hip-hop GAF, I'm back to waiting on the CDQ and scrubbing my memory of that FML listen with some DRUGGGSSS

Jumped through the stream back and forth and sorta feel the same. Guess it's unfair to judge till the album comes out (and I was fast forwarding through songs I didn't like). But as it as, Father Stretch My Hands sounded good till the bleach asshole line lol. Same with some song about a go pro dick.

Light Beam is still good. Like ridiculously good. Can't get over Chances verse on that song. Definitely dig that song.

Other than that...yeah its a kanye album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I dunno. Kanye's entire schtick this time around just feels excessively needy. Cosby, going back at Swift (protip: when somebody makes 2 albums that sell almost as much as your entire discography, she likely made you more famous), the weirdness of the live event, the no album afterward that feels like "hey does everybody like this, cause if not, lol it's not done."

If this album doesn't actual shit gold into ears and transform the poor into millionaires and make the clouds rain pure silver, it's going to get trashed.

Ninja Dom

This was posted by Foshy in the OT for Kanye.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3qtm70pn6fljrw/THE LIFE OF PABLO tidal rip.zip?dl=0

there it is

not perfect, some tracks sound better than others, high frequencies are too pronounced but i cut it into individual tracks at least. just went off the final tracklist for the song names

From the stream last night.

TBH that is entirely Ye's fault for thinking he's bigger and better than he really is

Too much of the population actually think he is.

effzee

Not eminem doe

This idea that GAF as a whole loves Em is a delusion that Gaf-hop likes to believe in cause you know OT might as well be renamed Em forums.

Check most Em threads created, outside of the op and maybe 2-3 posters who might like whatever song/album is being discussed, the majority of the thread is filled with people who don't like the material, the person, those who never liked him, and gaf hop clowning people.

Same with Jay threads. Kanye may get shit on for his non-music rants, his fashion "career", and whatever else he starts to go nuts about but he is by far the most praised, appreciated, and loved out of the rappers constantly discussed.

BTW I was taking the subway this morning and I realized what Kanye always reminds me of... the angry homeless men I encounter on the trains and stations- always ranting about the end of times or some govt conspiracy. Same fashion sense too.

On another note - Obie really impressed on his first album but yeah there was nothing to bring me back after his 2nd release. All rappers are repetitive, to a degree, but he just sounded lost like he couldn't define who he really was or wanted to portray. Cheers and some of his collabos around that era were great.

Nibel

Check most Em threads created, outside of the op and maybe 2-3 posters who might like whatever song/album is being discussed

Checked this thread real quick and it has like 5x more positive posters on its first page than you guessed for an entire thread.

Jay is universally praised on both OT and here in this thread.

Stop making "Eminem is OT's fave" a GAF-Gop trope, because it's not. You can't tell me you've read enough threads about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom