• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

waves was aight despite chris brown, FML might grow on me i guess..not yet though

real friends already sounding a bit more interesting so far

Irish going out of his way to use the old tracklist that doesn't start with Ultra Light Beams into FSMH

L

that's the one i'm using though

TLOP is a mixed bag, but Real Friends hit me the other day.

I can relate to the whole getting married, starting a family, losing touch with people and the importance plus the struggle of maintaining contact with the few friends who really matter.

Good topic, good song. Also surprisingly mature and thoughtful compared to how absurdly insecure and juvenile a good chunk of the rest of the lyrics on this album are.

Wait is this a French Montana tape? Come out of the bushes new wave fans. I know we got a lot of you.

Fraud better be on it or

o9Ba9.gif

tbh

To be fair, Mike was quoting something the QueenGod Jane Elliott said to him, and probably didn't mean it to be offensive.

Mike pls stop talking about this, apologize and move on

injurai

Banned
Man, people really trying to string Killer Mike out for this. Smh.

Jumping on him for wording, and denying him the overall sentiment. Calling him divisive when they are trying to be divisive themselves. Smh.

Ninja Dom

For the weekend I got Lushlife & CSLSX to listen to. Also out is a compilation album called JUSTICE For All. It's got a couple new Future, Rick Ross, Lupe Fiasco & Kevin Gates tracks.

I managed to get hold of the Xiaomi Piston 2 headphones. I got the 2's cos of the heavier bass. I only listen to hip hop. Very good so far. Nice bass and they go far louder than I'm used to on headphones. I've been using stock Apple headphones for years. The volume on the remote control doesn't work on iPhone though.

Ninja Dom

This link is busted for me.

It's on Soundcloud though

Anyway, there's some hip-hop + synthwave + shoegaze + post rock stuff happening 8 tracks into this that I am a big fan of. Was not expecting this sound from Lushlife after Plateau Vision (which I haven't listened to nearly enough since 2012). Deniro Farrar kinda kills "Incantation" too.

Apple Music Link: Listen to Ritualize by Lushlife & CSLSX on @AppleMusic.
https://itun.es/gb/zYGw-

Cracklox

New about these parts. So I need to do this application huh. Sure

1. Pick a Coast to rep - Ozbekastan
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? - Grimey ass mid 90's shit/Aus hip hop
3. Favorite Artists - Man this changes all the time. Right now Kerser, Lupe, Techa Nina, Mayday, Hilltop Hoods
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Yikes don't listen to alot. Say, Chilli Peppers, Beck, Metallica (pre mid 90s stuff), Creedence Clearwater Revival, and uhhh, I really liked Korn when Follow the Leader was hot
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? 2014 - Mursday, 2015 - Tetsuo and Youth. Shout out to Kersers 2014 King and 2015 Next Step here in Aus
6. What are you listening to right now? My man Kers1
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? Guilty pleasure: Poppy radio tracks with raps. Prefer to hear that on commercial radio then poppy, singy non rap stuff. Might cop shit for not listening to most of Outkasts discography, despite been meaning too. I also really couldn't get into Kendricks last effort. Loved GKMC for reference
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography: Kers- nah won't do that. Lets say Lupe goes something like T&Y>F&L>Cool> F&L2 >>>>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>> that other album he made. Those 1st three are prone to alternate though

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? Times are good despite what some would have you believe. If the big names don't do it for you, there are plenty of people practicing and publishing the art these days. Some just isn't as easy to find. Whats missing? Killer hip-hop acts as opposed to artists. Been a long time since we got acts like NWA, Public Enemy, Wu, Roots, Tribe, De La or even J5. Kinda why I get into Mayday, despite their last album being so-so
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? On record Deck, Gza or Meth. Live, Meth then Rza
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas/Big/Um, dunno
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Once upon a time in Shaolin ;) Also Hoods restrung album drops soon. Aus Hiphop and a 40 piece Orchestra. Shit works
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated?. Underated: All time- Deck, WC. Now - Wrekonize and/or Mayday - Overated: Ima say Joey for now. I wanna like him but struggling a bit. Some nice stuff on his album last year though. Is Yeezy still considered 'rated'? Him too if so
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? Ha. Might pass on this one. Please don't reject the app
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Onions, not fukn grilled but!
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? Sorta. Liked MMLP2, haven't spun it for a while tho. Not so much the couple of albums before that. Listen to select tracks from earlier albums pretty reguarly too.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? These days, T Swizzle for both I guess. She kinda hot and a bit of a charisma machine too. That one track with KDot was pretty dope as well
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago. Prob about 2 weeks ago now I ran over a young mom and her 10 year old son. Thankfully I was going really slow across an intersection (into some bad sun-glare) and managed to stop as I hit them. They just got knocked down with some bumps and bruises, and the mom had a sore foot, which must've gone under the wheel. She was whisked off in an Ambo for an x-ray, but the paramedics seemed to think it wasn't broken. More a precautionary thing. Was pretty scary shit. For 20 seconds or so I thought I might've killed someone. 2 human shaped silhouettes bouncing off the front of your car, with accompanying screams is scary yo

Do I qualify?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
40 Talks Views From The 6.

“After ‘Nothing Was the Same,’ Drake was like, ‘I want to do a rap project,’” Mr. Shebib recalled. “He wanted to do what all the other rappers get to do.” But that approach is “a thing we can’t do that much on a Drake album,” he continued. “We have other fans we need to satisfy.” Mr. Shebib has served the crucial role of Drake’s musical right hand since before the rapper’s 2009 mixtape “So Far Gone.” Like Drake, 40 is a moody sensualist — they’re an apt pair. After last summer, work on “Views” began in earnest, split between 40’s Toronto studio and the one in Drake’s Southern California home. “It’s going to be what everybody expects and wants from Drake and from us,” Mr. Shebib said. “A lot of introspection, very vivid. He’s discovering new flows, new cadences, new patterns.” As for the music, “I’m trying to find ways to pull more untraditional sounds in, to push the boundaries a little further.” The overall approach may be the same as the one that the duo has finely honed, but still, Mr. Shebib said, “Something about it should be special.”

PBY

Banned
New about these parts. So I need to do this application huh. Sure

1. Pick a Coast to rep - Ozbekastan
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? - Grimey ass mid 90's shit/Aus hip hop
3. Favorite Artists - Man this changes all the time. Right now Kerser, Lupe, Techa Nina, Mayday, Hilltop Hoods
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Yikes don't listen to alot. Say, Chilli Peppers, Beck, Metallica (pre mid 90s stuff), Creedence Clearwater Revival, and uhhh, I really liked Korn when Follow the Leader was hot
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? 2014 - Mursday, 2015 - Tetsuo and Youth. Shout out to Kersers 2014 King and 2015 Next Step here in Aus
6. What are you listening to right now? My man Kers1
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? Guilty pleasure: Poppy radio tracks with raps. Prefer to hear that on commercial radio then poppy, singy non rap stuff. Might cop shit for not listening to most of Outkasts discography, despite been meaning too. I also really couldn't get into Kendricks last effort. Loved GKMC for reference
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography: Kers- nah won't do that. Lets say Lupe goes something like T&Y>F&L>Cool> F&L2 >>>>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>> that other album he made. Those 1st three are prone to alternate though

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? Times are good despite what some would have you believe. If the big names don't do it for you, there are plenty of people practicing and publishing the art these days. Some just isn't as easy to find. Whats missing? Killer hip-hop acts as opposed to artists. Been a long time since we got acts like NWA, Public Enemy, Wu, Roots, Tribe, De La or even J5. Kinda why I get into Mayday, despite their last album being so-so
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? On record Deck, Gza or Meth. Live, Meth then Rza
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas/Big/Um, dunno
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Once upon a time in Shaolin ;) Also Hoods restrung album drops soon. Aus Hiphop and a 40 piece Orchestra. Shit works
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated?. Underated: All time- Deck, WC. Now - Wrekonize and/or Mayday - Overated: Ima say Joey for now. I wanna like him but struggling a bit. Some nice stuff on his album last year though. Is Yeezy still considered 'rated'? Him too if so
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? Ha. Might pass on this one. Please don't reject the app
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Onions, not fukn grilled but!
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? Sorta. Liked MMLP2, haven't spun it for a while tho. Not so much the couple of albums before that. Listen to select tracks from earlier albums pretty reguarly too.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? These days, T Swizzle for both I guess. She kinda hot and a bit of a charisma machine too. That one track with KDot was pretty dope as well
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago. Prob about 2 weeks ago now I ran over a young mom and her 10 year old son. Thankfully I was going really slow across an intersection (into some bad sun-glare) and managed to stop as I hit them. They just got knocked down with some bumps and bruises, and the mom had a sore foot, which must've gone under the wheel. She was whisked off in an Ambo for an x-ray, but the paramedics seemed to think it wasn't broken. More a precautionary thing. Was pretty scary shit. For 20 seconds or so I thought I might've killed someone. 2 human shaped silhouettes bouncing off the front of your car, with accompanying screams is scary yo

Do I qualify?

The soulja girls committee has accepted your application, but Ima need your Kanye album ranks.

I checked out Game's instagram page. That was a surprisingly mature and well crafted statement on the 50/Lloyd Banks situation, especially from a dude like him.
Had no idea the beef involved a 14 year old getting smacked around and a man being murdered,some foul shit all around. Cant blame 50 for feeling the way he does about the situation.

Tokubetsu

Not really expecting too much from VFT6 honestly. I wonder if Drake will ever release a widely accepted 'classic' album.

The People vs. Pusha T.

Pharrell haters gonna like this one.

Never?

I love the OG version ofc but I have a screwed version of Same Old Song from KTT that I think hits way harder than the original. I'ts not chopped iirc, its ltierally just a slower and phased version but it works so fucking well.

Koozek

I checked out Game's instagram page. That was a surprisingly mature and well crafted statement on the 50/Lloyd Banks situation, especially from a dude like him.
Had no idea the beef involved a 14 year old getting smacked around and a man being murdered,some foul shit all around. Cant blame 50 for feeling the way he does about the situation.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the 50/Lloyd situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom