• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n401iyWZ731sg31w3o1_250.gif

this wave gods intro. harry fraud put in work again. another one.

edit: oh man this track with future. gonna be playing the hell out of this tape on the weekend.

Cracklox

a true soulja girl would acknowledge the genius of 808s and Yeezus.

Yeah. Bout that........ I've listened to both albums, say, uh,maybe once each. Or twice in 808's case when Yeezy made me listen to it when I saw him live not long after the album came out. Was the show where someone launched a coin at him, and he went all freestyle on em.I think it got a bit of attention on the tube at the time. Wasn't a cool thing to do (he was sucking pretty hard though) but his freestyle was the highlight of the show.

I remember looking around the crowd during his 45 min Love Lockdown remix, and their were many arms crossed, and frustrated looks, and even people walking out. It was made all the more frustrating by the fact I'd seen him about a year earlier, before 808's, and its still one of the best live shows I've been too .

Add his descent into madness in the public eye over the years, and I really cbf with him anymore. Its a bit of a shame because he obv can still making some knocking beats. I really liked some of the stuff on Cruel Summer but thats about it in recent years. Haven't even copped his latest yet.

I suppose I don't have what it takes to be a true soldier girl then. Guess i'll show myself out :(

Jay-Hova

Banned
So....let's talk Jay-Z.

It seems he's definitely the most polarizing "great" rappers alongside Kanye...you'll find so many people calling him either one of the greatest, or one of the most overrated. I mean, which one is it for you folks?
Greatest of all time contender.
Contender for wittiest rapper.
Contender for best song writer.
Contender for best live rap performer (beside's you know Kanye).
Contender for best flow(s).
All great rappers recognize his greatness.
An argument could easily be made for him to be the GOAT.
God MC.
Three types of people hate on Jay Z, Hip Hop purists who are obsessed with "real hip hop" and for them Jay Z represents the downfall of rap/commercialization/fakeness so they assault his skill, spout out myths about him, and big up Biggie and Pac.

Hipster's who also are obsessed with their brand of real hip hop but it would be different than people in the group above, chances are the people in this group ave never listened to him besides hearing Empire State of Mind (the third verse on that is amazing) or some other "pop" Jay-Z track and talk about how people on the underground are much better, these are the type of people El-P who's a big Jay Z fan has spoken about having to deal with.
And group three are angry Nas fans.
I guess there's also people that don't recognize the shear breadth of his lyricism while fawning over mainly multi-syllable rhymer's like Kendrick or Nas (ignoring the fact that Jay Z is also a top tier multi-syllable rhymer.
His career peaked with big pimpin

I don't think he's that great at all.
How could he have fallen off and still made The Dynasty, The Blueprint, and American Gangster after that?
So....let's talk Jay-Z.

It seems he's definitely the most polarizing "great" rappers alongside Kanye...you'll find so many people calling him either one of the greatest, or one of the most overrated. I mean, which one is it for you folks?
My Username sake.
He's amazing, doesn't get the respect he deserves for reasons outside of his actual skill level.
Can't wait for the Reasonable Doubt 20th anniversary.
I know man

He was still good but he PEAKED with big pimpin

God what a banger
You can't be serious right now, hell if you're looking for "bangers" there's PSA or 99 problems.

Esch

Banned
So....let's talk Jay-Z.

Fuck with us, walk through the ghetto, see the place that corrupted us
Learn why we buck at the guys that come up with us
Ain't enough bucks for us to split in this shit
Plus ain't nobody lovin us; and with that said
Back to Shawn Carter the hustler, Jay-Z is dead

Jay-Hova

Banned
vol 3 was kind of meh actually, dope man was the shit though.
I thought that the first time I listened to it.
Listened to it again two weeks ago and I thought it was great, except for said three songs.
Come and get me?
The three Hova songs (the middle one you cant really find anywhere but someone in some Jay thread uploaded to a soundcloud like a month ago which was fantastic).
So Ghetto?
There's Been A Murder?
All flames imo.

Fjordson

Respect Jay, love Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint and Black album, but I can't say I go back to his music all that often these days.

PBY

Banned
I fucking LOVE wave gods

like irrationally, like it might be top 5 for me, wow

edit: lowkey, wavey future is goat

Ninja Dom

Playing that Wave Gods right now and Peterboy's right, this shit bumps!!

I love this Wavy shit that French gets on. Tracks like Sanctuary. It's why I said Mac & Cheese: The Appetiser was one of the best records of 2014.

Yo Fakeknowledge, Rodney P of London Posse got a new EP out here:

Listen to Holes in the Building (feat. Indigo Kid) - EP by Rodney P & DJ Die on @AppleMusic.
https://itun.es/gb/YZ8dab

Gonna try and check out that Ocean Wisdom album. What's the title?

Only £1.50 as well, cheers breh i'll buy that in a bit.

Albums called Chaos '93, doesn't drop until Monday digitally though. I always get them physically off HF and they send them up to a week early at times.

Mines just arrived. Hope the neighbours enjoyed their lie in 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom