• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

cartoons & cereals tho

nl67hCI.gif

HiResDes

Yeah this song sounds so dope. Fuck Top and Punch.

Yup yup. You even got the bad songs exactly right.

I would just rank TDE albums
GKMC > TPAB > HnC > Section 80 > Cilvia Demo >> Control System > Setbacks > Oxymoron

Don't care for the rest tbh.
Perfect cycle though I'd probably rank overly dedicated over Oxymoron for sure. Oh and if we're counting all TDE projects SZAs first EP is probably top five.

T Dollarz

Yeah this song sounds so dope. Fuck Top and Punch.

Yup yup. You even got the bad songs exactly right.

I would just rank TDE albums
GKMC > TPAB > HnC > Section 80 > Cilvia Demo >> Control System > Setbacks > Oxymoron

Don't care for the rest tbh.

My rankings exactly

Detox

TIP dropped some classic songs on his last EP. If he says this is Trap Muzik on steroids I believe him. He's still a dope rapper.

HnC and Control System are better than any Kendrick album or mixtape. At least they make fun music with some thought provoking stuff thrown in. Kendrick is perpetually stuck in a weird "last minute homework" mentality, trying to impress people with things that might have gotten you a C+ in 11th grade. And he seems opposed to fun as an ideal.

I remember a girl in sixth grade writing a creative story about a homeless man who turned out to be god on the second page. She didn't win a grammy, and the president didn't call it his favorite paper of the year. She's a manager at Popeyes now actually, which TBH is also better than Kendrick's albums and mixtapes.

PBY

Banned
HnC and Control System are better than any Kendrick album or mixtape. At least they make fun music with some thought provoking stuff thrown in. Kendrick is perpetually stuck in a weird "last minute homework" mentality, trying to impress people with things that might have gotten you a C+ in 11th grade. And he seems opposed to fun as an ideal.

I remember a girl in sixth grade writing a creative story about a homeless man who turned out to be god on the second page. She didn't win a grammy, and the president didn't call it his favorite paper. She's a manager at Popeyes now actually, which TBH is also better than Kendrick's albums and mixtapes.

HnC I think is special; you can keep Control System though. I do think that Kendrick does have some "check out how important this is" that stops me from connecting with some of his stuff, I just tend to like rawer/rougher stuff.

Koozek

I remember a girl in sixth grade writing a creative story about a homeless man who turned out to be god on the second page. She didn't win a grammy, and the president didn't call it his favorite paper of the year. She's a manager at Popeyes now actually, which TBH is also better than Kendrick's albums and mixtapes.

Wow.

Syntsui

You are an S tier troll poster. I almost believed in what I just read, congratulations!

How many tracks on TPAB can you just throw on and listen to as theme music while driving, or play in a mix? Alright and that's about it. I like Blacker The Berry and You Ain't Gotta Lie To Kick It though. And jazz wise I love the ending of Mortal Man. But that's it.

thabiz

How many tracks on TPAB can you just throw on and listen to as theme music while driving, or play in a mix? Alright and that's about it. I like Blacker The Berry and You Ain't Gotta Lie To Kick It though. And jazz wise I love the ending of Mortal Man. But that's it.
LOL.

Surface deep.

This dude being a trolling mfer aside this is my biggest issue with TPAB. Except switch those songs with Alright.

Eos

Giving Syphon Filter a run for his money at being the WOAT troll

T Dollarz

In what way does being able to listen to individual songs off an album in the whip as your "theme" music affect the overall impact and quality of an album as a work of art?

In what way does being able to listen to individual songs off an album in the whip as your "theme" music affect the overall impact and quality of an album as a work of art?

I just feel like if an album doesn't have some standalone tracks I can just chill to in the car it's hard to really enjoy the album. Great standalone tracks make me want to listen to the entire album multiple times, basically.

I've been listening to Life Of Pablo nonstop beginning to end. That album just works for any type of listening experience: if I wand standalone tracks I might put Freestyle 4 on repeat, or I'll listen to the first three tracks, or I'll play it from beginning to end. Not saying it's better than Dark Fantasy but it's a lot more catchy to me.

BTW anyone know of any good black churches in Chicago? I went to a small church a bit after TLOP came out to hear some gospel but it wasn't really up my alley. Seemed more modern R&B to me. So I walked out like 10 minutes into the choir session. Kinda felt bad since I was the only white guy there but once I find a good black church I'm going to stay for the entire choir.

biz coming with it. That Flamingosis is really nice, not overly funky for my taste. Getting close to you is heaven.

That Ragers track is dope as well. There's a Canadian dude i was going to do a quick post about at some point, i'll do it later on tonight.

Syntsui

I just feel like if an album doesn't have some standalone tracks I can just chill to in the car it's hard to really enjoy the album. Great standalone tracks make me want to listen to the entire album multiple times, basically.

I've been listening to Life Of Pablo nonstop beginning to end. That album just works for any type of listening experience: if I wand standalone tracks I might put Freestyle 4 on repeat, or I'll listen to the first three tracks, or I'll play it from beginning to end. Not saying it's better than Dark Fantasy but it's a lot more catchy to me.

BTW anyone know of any good black churches in Chicago? I went to a small church a bit after TLOP came out to hear some gospel but it wasn't really up my alley. Seemed more modern R&B to me. So I walked out like 10 minutes into the choir session. Kinda felt bad since I was the only white guy there but once I find a good black church I'm going to stay for the entire choir.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom