• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

First time listening to Denzel.
ay48zzn.gif

The energy and production are dope. Don't like the voice sometimes in the singing parts, though.

denzel curry album is real good. i think this can be a top 10 of the year.

also lttp but kendrick lamar untitled stuff is nice, i like it quite a bit. good short ep. not as good as the highs of tpab (the latter half) but it also doesn't have anything as scust worthy as some of the shit on that album either.

honestly it's more easy to repeat listen as well. it's not a giant cohesive project like tpab but it has a very nice vibe to it all.

IrishNinja

really feeling this article

adding to the pile-on of digging this - but it's kinda preaching to the choir, no? i mean, gaf-hop in last few OTs has been more hot takes, but i like to think plenty of us save shit for a proper listen still

A good example is that I'm still listening to DS2 and WATTBA for my Future fix. He's got what, 4-5 projects since? I haven't even touched them yet. I'll get around to it.

this is like my tao right here

really feeling this article

Andreas Hale is now exec editor of 2dopeboyz. Really like where they're headed. Complex and all these other sites are really trash with lazy click bait rap "journalism," I'm glad someone is doing decent stuff, even if I disagree with some of his taste.

OG Kush

How the New Music Cartel redefined the music industry.

Great piece on the most important movement of hip-hop media and consumption onto the Internet, and how instrumental they were to launching and lending an early ear to almost every big rap artist's career since.

Been following NahRight for close to 8 years now, damn.

Interesting article. I've always been more of 2dopeboyz guy rather than nahright.

Also, anyone seen the documentary Mass Appeal put out in partnership with CNN Films? It's called "Fresh Dressed" and is about hip hop fashion. Channel 4 in the UK recently aired and I found it really interesting. I definitely suggest anyone into urban clothing history, or just how hip hop impacted fashion. Check out the trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ9LyiNrA-s
Don't know if the trailer conveys it, but the documentary chronicles the fashion and how it changes from 70s all the way to modern day.

Laws00

So it's the anniversary of Biggies death. 19 damn years.

I remember when I learned about his death on the news shortly after new york under cover went off. I was in 3rd or 4th grade and my dad was trying to teach me and show me how to do long division. lol

I have so many memories with Hypnotize. Getting ready to go to school turning on mtv in the morning and this music video would always be playing. When we finally got cable in the class, they would randomly flip though the channels and this music video would just randomly pop up every chance it got.

DominoKid

How the New Music Cartel redefined the music industry.

Great piece on the most important movement of hip-hop media and consumption onto the Internet, and how instrumental they were to launching and lending an early ear to almost every big rap artist's career since.

Been following NahRight for close to 8 years now, damn.

fuck em. NMC was aight but it was just another vestige to prolong the death of the NY centric rap world.

complex writing an article about them is just hilarious. be more narcissistic please.

man, I feel like if you've heard one Denzel Curry song, you've heard them all. He needs to add some cadence or something to his flow. Stopped paying attention after the third track and became background noise.

FZZ

Banned
man, I feel like if you've heard one Denzel Curry song, you've heard them all. He needs to add some cadence or something to his flow. Stopped paying attention after the third track and became background noise.

full

Relisten to it man, this tape has only grown on me more and more after each listen (on my 5th). At the very least his delivery, and lyrical content are still great. I don't agree with your comment on his flow and sound, but I can kinda maybe understand that.

He has a one note delivery, but even on Imperial there's a very clear shift in the sound and tempo of the album after the halfway mark.

Plus it's not like he's flooding the game with music or making 80 minute tapes so I'm cool with it for now.

The new Denzel is okay. Only a couple of tracks stood out to me. I probably won't listen to the full project again.

That Yachty tape has a couple bangers, but is pretty weak overall.

Ohnonono

I have been on a metal kick lately and the new Gates is really the only thing that has stayed in rotation that isn't metal. ZlooperZ now goes on that list too. That new album is fuuuucking fire.

HiResDes

So umm yeah I'm definitely gonna most of this Lil Yachty. And hell the EP that follows by this Kodie Shane chick is pretty fire too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom