• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

I'll have you know that's A.K. Paul, not Jai, so I bet you feel dumb now.

There's literally only two known projects; Everlasting (a mixtape that had a bunch of rough cuts of songs on the leak) and the leak. Both are phenomenal, and despite the fact he only has 30 minutes of music to his name, I've listened to his songs a total of ~1000 times or so last.fm tells me.

This is Everlasting.

The leak is literally something you can find if you google it.
Lol, so that's his brother.

Will check it out, thanks.

EDIT: Ah, he's the BTSTU dude that Drake sampled once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUBAFPIHETA

OG Kush

Having one of those "I'm worried Jai Paul is dead" days

Considering doing some canvassing for my local Labour Party this weekend cos it's in Rayner's Lane (where he's from)

You live near Rayne's Lane? You from these ends too? I live in North West London.

Nibel

Childish Gambino - Terrified (Zikomo Remix)

RHapOL2.gif

I've slowly been getting into Danny Brown (via Atrocity Exhibition). First time I listened to the album I was pretty sure that I didn't like it. I've been listening to it from time to time over the last week or so and I think I like it? The production is definitely fantastic. His voice and flow take some getting used to, but I had the same thing when I first listened to GKMC and I love that album now.

LionPride

Banned
I've slowly been getting into Danny Brown (via Atrocity Exhibition). First time I listened to the album I was pretty sure that I didn't like it. I've been listening to it from time to time over the last week or so and I think I like it? The production is definitely fantastic. His voice and flow take some getting used to, but I had the same thing when I first listened to GKMC and I love that album now.

First time I listened I HATED it so so much

Then I just listened to Ain't It Funny and Really Doe and decided to give the album another chance

Ended up in my Top 10 for 2016

cool album. should check out XXX though, it's his GOAT. and one of the best rap albums of the century forreal.

Moonkid

I listened to xxx first and didn't really like it. I eventually got into Danny through his verse on a Busdriver track.

Rap Marilyn Manson, about as hot as a vanson. 🔥🔥

HiResDes

Dereck and I were just talking about Atrocity versus older Danny stuff and though I love the way the production he chooses he absolutely fails to match the amazing punchlines that are all over XXX and even The Hybrid. XXX is probably my favorite rap album of all time.

Moonkid

Now that I think about it the first project of his I liked was Hot Soup. The production and his rapping is pretty easy listening compared to his other stuff that was too abrasive for me at the time.
Oh man, Ego Death is a fucking amazing track. That was the first time I heard Danny.
Dayum that's a bomb track to be introduced to Danny Brown to. It actually helped me get into Aesop and Busdriver himself too. The rest of Perfect Hair is dope too, Motion Lines especially.

Dereck

Dereck and I were just talking about Atrocity versus older Danny stuff and though I love the way the production he chooses he absolutely fails to match the amazing punchlines that are all over XXX and even The Hybrid. XXX is probably my favorite rap album of all time.
Interesting point you brought up earlier, The Hybrid + XXX + Black and Brown is Danny in the pocket with the outlandish punchlines.

Whereas a song like Lost from Atrocity Exhibition is Danny being unremarkable with the run-of-the-mill punchlines even though the beat is incredible.

LionPride

Banned
I think Kush Coma was my first Danny song and that was because of GTA V

I really liked the song but didn't know who did it at first

LionPride

Banned
i've played gta V for 4 years and only now did i realize danny brown was on the soundtrack

So is Billy Ocean, OutKast, Parliament, Zapp, Eddie Murphy, SBTRKT, Toro Y Moi, Queen, Phil Collins, Bone Thugs, Lady of Rage, Gaga, A$AP Ferg, Chuck Inglish, Ab Soul, Travis Scott, ScHoolboy, CHVRCHES, and Flying Lotus

To Pimp a Butterfly is my fifth favorite rap album of all time.
Atrocity Exhibition
I don't Like Shit
Honor Killed The Samurai
Summertime 06

I don't fucking know, but damn none of these albums anything less than great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom