• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

Been listening to DAMN. again past couple days and GOD. suddenly clicked with me. Loyalty still av though.

Loyalty's gonna be the summer jam. There have already been a couple of nice days when I rolled the windows down and just bumped that shit. Felt great, man.

Yeah, Memoirs of The Reaper is a little more one note than A New Life, but I still like it a lot. Azizi has a knack for hooks and playful verses that keeps everything flowing well. Great production too.

Moonkid

Loyalty's gonna be the summer jam. There have already been a couple of nice days when I rolled the windows down and just bumped that shit. Felt great, man.
Yeah it goes well in the right place and time for sure but I don't see myself putting it on whenever like I can with the other tracks. I think my gripe with it is that it doesn't really have any build ups or climaxes, it just stays in one place from start to finish. The beat gets underwhelming fast.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah this Azizi album much better than his last

But he does still lack in variety on his flow in some songs which was my issue with his last album

But shit like Protein Shake is amazing

Baka is his best japanime track

New Life was all weeb shit

Jmon

WFm5h1.gif

What was more powerful/catharthic for your?
Lost I'm The World or the TPAB version of "I"?
Both are incredible climaxes and serve a similar role within the albums narratives.

lost in the world was trash, auto skip every time.
TPAB's live i is better than the single version but one of the weaker tracks on the LP. The SNL performance is probably the best version of the song.

HiResDes

Yeah this Azizi album much better than his last

But he does still lack in variety on his flow in some songs which was my issue with his last album

But shit like Protein Shake is amazing
I think many of you need to revisit that album. If weeb shit is your problem than the Nintendo King should make you cringe harder than anything on his last. Also his range of topics is even narrower than before

Neither version of I is actually good breh lol

FZZ

Banned
I think many of you need to revisit that album. If weeb shit is your problem than the Nintendo King should make you cringe harder than anything on his last. Also his range of topics is even narrower than before

Neither version of I is actually good breh lol

I'll go back to it

But only a handful of tracks stuck with me from it

And nah I love the weeb shit, I just think Baka is one of his best produced tracks and it's helluva a lot more catchy. Not that being catchy makes a song better but idk New Life blended together, Memoirs has more "unique?" tracks, idk how to put it. They just sound more distinct.

I wrote like 2 paragraphs on Lost in the World and i, but then I realized I should really write this thesis. FUCK.
Save them if you don't finish now please, I want to read it.
lost in the world was trash, auto skip every time.
TPAB's live i is better than the single version but one of the weaker tracks on the LP. The SNL performance is probably the best version of the song.
Now you edited this to attack the album version of "i", this is just getting worse and worse.
im sure i saw someone defend blue print 3 the other day or some shit like that
Yah because it's dope and I like dope things.

OG Kush

You can't deny Nas is sexy man no homo. If I could be one rapper it would probably be Nas. Mans got that handsome face, raspy voice, nice complexion, good hairline and laidback attitude. He's actaully a man rather than all these pretty boys out there.

Dereck

You can't deny Nas is sexy man no homo. If I could be one rapper it would probably be Nas. Mans got that handsome face, raspy voice, nice complexion, good hairline and laidback attitude. He's actaully a man rather than all these pretty boys out there.
dame.png

HiiiLife

This is the part where you give us the copy pasta sauce.

Nas has the ugliest album covers in the game: true or false?

Definitely not. The only questionable one is Stillmatic, even if it was supposed to be a Slick Rick reference.

The evolution from kid (Illmatic), adult (It Was Written), king (I Am...), to prophet (Nastradamus) is one of the sickest things, too.

Koozek

Nas has the ugliest album covers in the game: true or false?
Nah. I love that you always see his face. His facial features and eyes are beautiful. He looked so nice topless on God’s Son's cover too. I'm sure he would still look good without clothes. Hopefully again for his new album.

Bacon

Ok yeah looking back through it it's not as bad as I thought. That stillmatic cover is really the one that was sticking out in my brain.

On another note what are your guys thoughts on 2pacalypse Now? I just listened to that album for the first time this week and thought it was pretty awesome but I never really see it talked about compared to his other stuff. Definite stand out track was Soulja's Story.

OG Kush

For real, who else can you call "handsome" in the game? Kendrick and J.Cole look homeless, Jay-Z looks like a bafoon, lil wayne looks like a witch. I would say Nas, Andre 3k, 50 Cent, Common and Big Daddy Kane. Big Daddy Kane got them Idris Elba vibes.

BigDaddy3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom