• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I love that you always see his face. His facial features and eyes are beautiful. He looked so nice topless on God’s Son's cover too. I'm sure he would still look good without clothes. Hopefully again for his new album.
The soul of PD lives forever.

On another note what are your guys thoughts on 2pacalypse Now? I just listened to that album for the first time this week and thought it was pretty awesome but I never really see it talked about compared to his other stuff. Definite stand out track was Soulja's Story.
Decent album from what I remember. I'll have to revisit it.

OG Kush

I hardly go back to 2pacalypse outside of a handful of songs. It does give you a good idea of 2pac before he let the Thug Life fully overcome him. Some deep tunes though, Brenda's got a baby is great. I do prefer the album to Strictly 4 my Niggaz.

Koozek

For real, who else can you call "handsome" in the game? Kendrick and J.Cole look homeless, Jay-Z looks like a bafoon, lil wayne looks like a witch. I would say Nas, Andre 3k, 50 Cent, Common and Big Daddy Kane. Big Daddy Kane got them Idris Elba vibes.

BigDaddy3.jpg
Pac, LL, T.I., Frank, Juelz, Future, Pharrell, Common, A$AP, Cudi, Mos Def, Mahershala Ali (technically he was a rapper before he started acting).

Eos

Nah. I love that you always see his face. His facial features and eyes are beautiful. He looked so nice topless on God’s Son's cover too. I'm sure he would still look good without clothes. Hopefully again for his new album.

For real, who else can you call "handsome" in the game? Kendrick and J.Cole look homeless, Jay-Z looks like a bafoon, lil wayne looks like a witch. I would say Nas, Andre 3k, 50 Cent, Common and Big Daddy Kane. Big Daddy Kane got them Idris Elba vibes.

BigDaddy3.jpg
dWaw4.gif

Icolin

Banned
Logic picks dope beats and I can appreciate some of his inspirational lyrics, but I can't get over the fact that I feel like I'm listening to the kind of music that my old highschool classmates would've made or quoted the fuck out of in the metric ton of pseudo intellectual Facebook posts they make constantly. Too close for comfort.

Can understand why people like his music though.

Been going through Eric B & Rakim's albums again thinking about a brief discussion in this thread a few weeks ago where someone asked whether anyone listens to this era of rap. Let The Rhythm Hit Em and Don't Sweat The Technique are still incredible albums. They sound of that era, but because of the more interesting sampling, they don't sound old. Rakim's top tier across the whole discography, of course, but really becomes timeless on these two IMO, as his style got more dense, more aggressive, darker, and more political. His rhyme patterns on these albums are still hot fire.

Follow The Leader is more of a mixed bag. It's caught between traditionally 80s hip-hop sounds and the more intricate stuff they'd go on to a few years later. Makes for an album where you get both "Lyrics of Fury" and "The 'R'"- one that sounds like something El-P would make these days, and the other that sounds like B-boy stances and cardboard. Plus Eric B. (or not?) has multiple long, instrumental scratching tracks that really date the project. The drums at the end of "Microphone Fiend" though whewwww.

Now Paid In Full, this is the vintage album. Unabashedly 80s hip-hop sounds. You either appreciate this or not, I won't argue with someone who can't rock with it. Iconic, of course, but I don't know if I can call it timeless like I feel their last 2 albums are.

Going through Masta Ace next. Haven't listened to his 90s albums in a long time.

I love all of the Eric B. and Rakim albums, but yeah, the thing that usually screams DATED! is the fact that the albums seem to have these long, boring instrumentals that were obviously put there because what they were doing was such a new thing. Dated, but still rather fascinating. I still like Eric B. for President off of Paid In Full, that's a classic instrumental right there. Just old school, classic Marley Marl style production with scratches.

Would Graduation be a classic because of its influence and popularity, or does it miss the mark because it's not very good at all?
It's not a classic because the highs are high but the lows are much lower and more frequent. It's a below average Kanye album but it's still pretty decent.

This Khalid and Future track is nice.

I had an entire semester to write a literature review. I decided to do it all in 10 hours. And I even got in a Facebook politics argument with 4 pages and 2 hours to go. Just got one 1.5 page homework assignment and I'm officially done with undergrad.

THIS WHAT GOD FEEL LIKE
sabu.png

I had an entire semester to write a literature review. I decided to do it all in 10 hours. And I even got in a Facebook politics argument with 4 pages and 2 hours to go. Just got one 1.5 page homework assignment and I'm officially done with undergrad.

THIS WHAT GOD FEEL LIKE
sabu.png
Congratulations, still have the paragraphs on "Lost In The World" and "i"?

Congratulations, still have the paragraphs on "Lost In The World" and "i"?
Thanks lol. You know I actually saved it on the word doc I was writing my paper on and I deleted it before I turned it in. Maybe I woulda got an A+++ if I left it in 🤔

I'll post sometime tomorrow. I'm fucking exhausted. I sleep.

Actually, not trying to be funny, I actually wrote a 5 page paper on New Slaves for my music class. Got an A+ lol.

YEEZUS SLANDER IS THE GREATEST SIN

Thanks lol. You know I actually saved it on the word doc I was writing my paper on and I deleted it before I turned it in. Maybe I woulda got an A+++ if I left it in 🤔

I'll post sometime tomorrow. I'm fucking exhausted. I sleep.
Goat, I'll make sure to remind you until you post it.

Nibel

Logic picks dope beats and I can appreciate some of his inspirational lyrics, but I can't get over the fact that I feel like I'm listening to the kind of music that my old highschool classmates would've made or quoted the fuck out of in the metric ton of pseudo intellectual Facebook posts they make constantly. Too close for comfort.

Can understand why people like his music though.

I agree with you

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Who's the hottest female rapper?

My vote for Rah Digga, perhaps. I actually think Ladybug Mecca is the hottest.
Sa Roc and (sort of a rapper) Tommy Genesis.

Tommy Genesis is the most beautiful person I've seen in real life.
Very weak/disappointing.

I need a dope rapper to do a project with Knxledge, the wait is killing me.
Damn near fell out my chair when I heard Kendrick on a Knxledge beat. Knxledge is my work soundtrack, must have played his albums for weeks/months in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom