• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Made this little playlist for an upcoming party, but I played it late saturday night while under some influence and it catapulted me into another stratosphere. It's mostly like emo-rap, slowed edits, and the like. Best played during the night on shuffle crossfaded:

EMOTIONAL CONTENT

...Not high quality tracks, but they very efficient in terms of size and quality.

Reckoner

Made this little playlist for an upcoming party, but I played it late saturday night while under some influence and it catapulted me into another stratosphere. It's mostly like emo-rap, slowed edits, and the like. Best played during the night on shuffle crossfaded:

EMOTIONAL CONTENT

...Not high quality tracks, but they very efficient in terms of size and quality.

High by the beach on that. Nice touch.

Thank you!

Tokubetsu

https://youtu.be/EpkABQePCC8

Tg5sDfy.gif

Tracklist for SZA's new album Ctrl (it's R&B, but it features rappers so I guess it's relevant to this thread):

1. Supermodel
2. Love Galore (ft. Travis Scott)
3. Doves in the Wind (ft. Kendrick Lamar)
4. Drew Barrymore
5. Prom
6. The Weekend
7. Go Gina
8. Garden (Say It Like Dat)
9. Broken Clocks
10. Anything
11. Wavy (Interlude) (ft. James Fauntleroy)
12. Normal Girl
13. Pretty Little Birds (ft. Isaiah Rashad)
14. 20 Something

Out this Friday. Looking forward to it, the singles (particularly Love Galore) have been really good.

Isaiah x SZA = Fire

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dunno if I'd listen to this regularly, but this E36 Techno Violet from Le$ is definitely a vibe. Many vibes, in fact.

Dem F&F samples whew

I never noticed this, but Kanye (or DJDS or Chance or whomever) sampled Counter-Strike for Ultralight Beam. I was reading the Wikipedia page for the song, and it says at the 1:50 mark of the song, you can hear someone very faintly yelling Flashbang.

And I thought they were fucking around.

So I relisten to the album and holy fuck, at the 1:50 minute mark, there is someone very very faintly yelling Flashbang.

Listen here.

Koozek

I never noticed this, but Kanye (or DJDS or Chance or whomever) sampled Counter-Strike for Ultralight Beam. I was reading the Wikipedia page for the song, and it says at the 1:50 mark of the song, you can hear someone very faintly yelling Flashbang.

So I relisten to the album and holy fuck, at the 1:50 minute mark, there is someone very very faintly yelling Flashbang.

Listen here.
Hä, can't hear anything at 1:50.

EDIT: Okay, now with help of this site that has an isolated part of that section. Jesus, that's an obscure sample :D

OG Kush

Listen here.

Had to turn the volume up to actually hear it.. Pretty odd... I wonder what was the point of even adding it

OG Kush

EMOTIONAL CONTENT

Cheers man, listening to this at work right now.

edit: I'm slowly liking these emo raps... makes sense though as before hip hop saved my life I was heavily into emo, poppunk and all that jazz.

edit2: damn Lil Uzi Vert - Luv Scars is my jaaaaam.

overcast

or...they could leak the shit from Ye we all want to hear.

still waiting on Living So Italian...

still waiting...
Man I remember reading about this song. Was so hyped just based on the concept smh.
Tracklist for SZA's new album Ctrl (it's R&B, but it features rappers so I guess it's relevant to this thread):

1. Supermodel
2. Love Galore (ft. Travis Scott)
3. Doves in the Wind (ft. Kendrick Lamar)
4. Drew Barrymore
5. Prom
6. The Weekend
7. Go Gina
8. Garden (Say It Like Dat)
9. Broken Clocks
10. Anything
11. Wavy (Interlude) (ft. James Fauntleroy)
12. Normal Girl
13. Pretty Little Birds (ft. Isaiah Rashad)
14. 20 Something

Out this Friday. Looking forward to it, the singles (particularly Love Galore) have been really good.
Sounds cool. Her and Rashad have great chemistry on tracks.
This 4:44 hype is real.
Eh. It's nothing yet.

kai3345

Banned
im just posting so we can hurry up to a new page and i dont have to see that fucking poop gif every time i open this thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TLC ft. Snoop Dogg - Way Back video. No James Harden references, but it's okay.

A$AP Mob ft. A$AP Rocky & A$AP Ferg - Wrong video.

MadeInTYO ft. Rich The Kid - Flooded.

Khaled got a song with Travis and Nas on his 23-track(!) album. This is in addition to the Rihanna and Bryson Tiller one a music video was just filmed for.
Wow, getting on a song with La Flame is huge for Nas' career, good for him.

Man I remember reading about this song. Was so hyped just based on the concept smh.
The Popular sampled song is still my holy grail. Beat sounded like a classic.

Found this album courtesy of the r/hiphopheads post, and its quite nice. The poster described it as a mix of Wale's rhymes over Chance's beats. While I can't comment on the Wale part, the Chance part is misleading because its a lot more bass-filled then Chance's beats but they're just as upbeat. It's a nice sunny EP.

Found this album courtesy of the r/hiphopheads post, and its quite nice. The poster described it as a mix of Wale's rhymes over Chance's beats. While I can't comment on the Wale part, the Chance part is misleading because its a lot more bass-filled then Chance's beats but they're just as upbeat. It's a nice sunny EP.

Right down to the cover.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rich Chigga's come up is legandary TBH.

17 year old kid doing memes/skits on social media, followed by a half serious/parody single, GFK remix of that song while dude still hasn't left Indonesia yet, now he's getting all this promo, getting on songs with Diplo, and Gospel is the hardest song out right now by far.

Rich Chigga's come up is legandary TBH.

17 year old kid doing memes/skits on social media, followed by a half serious/parody single, GFK remix of that song while dude still hasn't left Indonesia yet, now he's getting all this promo, getting on songs with Diplo, and Gospel is the hardest song out right now by far.
I like the response he had when Genius asked him about why he used the n-word in "Dat Stick".
I sort of knew that it was bad, but I didn’t know that it was that serious. Nobody was around me to tell me that that’s fucked up. At the time, my whole intention was like, “If I have a song that blows up, and I’m this kid, and I say the N-Word, would people be like ‘Holy shit, that song is so cool when he said that N-word. I think I’ll let it slide.” That’s what I was thinking. I was basically just trying to make people less sensitive to the word and take the power out of the word, but then I realized I’m totally not in a position to do that. I was like, 'I fucked up.’ So, I just don’t say it anymore.
It's interesting to see him realize he's not just a meme rapper from Indonesia, but an actual participant now in hip-hop. I hope his debut album does well.

On another note, Diplo's been reaching out to a bunch of up-and-coming artists and supplying them with production for a long time. Looking at his production discography, his whole career has had moments where he produces for under-the-radar artists; Kano in 2005, Amanda Blank, Brooke Candy, G-Dragon, and Das Racist. That's cool to see.

Icolin

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed all this talent is here just for an extended Jay-Z music video.

On another note, London on Tha Track has an album called "Who Would've Known" coming this summer. He's been seen working with Quavo, Nicki Minaj, PND, Jeremih, Young Thug, Kodak Black,...

AND THE FIRST BROWN BOY TO GET IT POPPIN, THE MAN WHO MADE "NAV" PRODUCED BY NAV, FEATURING NAV, WRITTEN BY NAV, YA BOY NAVRAJ GORAYA AKA NAV.

Wasting a London on Tha Track beat on Nav is sad.

Lil Ugly Mane posted this along with Denzel Curry, which means the next track Denzel drops for this project will be with Ugly. EDIT: Wait, Denzel's been dropping one of these songs every 13 days, and tomorrow will be the 13th day since he dropped the last song in this project. We're getting this track tomorrow.

LionPride

Banned
I like the response he had when Genius asked him about why he used the n-word in "Dat Stick".

It's interesting to see him realize he's not just a meme rapper from Indonesia, but an actual participant now in hip-hop. I hope his debut album does well.

On another note, Diplo's been reaching out to a bunch of up-and-coming artists and supplying them with production for a long time. Looking at his production discography, his whole career has had moments where he produces for under-the-radar artists; Kano in 2005, Amanda Blank, Brooke Candy, G-Dragon, and Das Racist. That's cool to see.
Him saying nigga is what made me not okay with him at all

At least he realized he really shouldn't have done any of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom