• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this album courtesy of the r/hiphopheads post, and its quite nice. The poster described it as a mix of Wale's rhymes over Chance's beats. While I can't comment on the Wale part, the Chance part is misleading because its a lot more bass-filled then Chance's beats but they're just as upbeat. It's a nice sunny EP.

This is pretty chill. I like the first half of the album more than the latter(the production doesn't feel as strong) but overall it's a nice light listen.

Koozek

Rich Chigga's come up is legandary TBH.

17 year old kid doing memes/skits on social media, followed by a half serious/parody single, GFK remix of that song while dude still hasn't left Indonesia yet, now he's getting all this promo, getting on songs with Diplo, and Gospel is the hardest song out right now by far.
Huh, never thought he'd be more than a meme rapper. Surprising to see that he's being taken seriously. Just saw this too:
Rich Chigga and Pharrell Williams talk GIRLS

Koozek

Found this album courtesy of the r/hiphopheads post, and its quite nice. The poster described it as a mix of Wale's rhymes over Chance's beats. While I can't comment on the Wale part, the Chance part is misleading because its a lot more bass-filled then Chance's beats but they're just as upbeat. It's a nice sunny EP.
Will check out, thanks. I have a soft spot for this current Chance/smooth, lighthearted "New Chicago" sound.

T Dollarz

I'm rolling with Droptopwop as my AOTY right now. Fuck it. It's such an amazingly fun and brisk listen, and God damn does it slap in the whip. Metro and Gucci, brehs.

Bacon

I'm rolling with Droptopwop as my AOTY right now. Fuck it. It's such an amazingly fun and brisk listen, and God damn does it slap in the whip. Metro and Gucci, brehs.

I'm not sure if it's my AOTY but Hurt a Nigga Feelings is definitely up there as one of my songs of the year. That beat is just dirty.

codhand

this new DJ Krush

-uQB0u.gif

Releasing outro tracks early is weird, IF you're actually crafting a compelling album that flows. Why would you reveal the last track, out of context. Is it a ladies track or something? That's even weirder.
I hate it. Goes for Artists who release their intro tracks as singles.

Also

SZA ft. kendrick - Doves in The Wind

https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/sza-doves-in-the-wind-ft-kendrick-lamar

Kendrick's verse is hilarious.Most pussy mentions in a song ever?

LionPride

Banned
How Kendrick have a decent feature on Radioactive of all songs but just straight trash this year, most of last year, just blah

I love him but fuck

Dereck

Kendrick needs to go sit down somewhere. Pull an Earl Sweatshirt and fade back into the shadows before he becomes an excessive feature rapper.

LionPride

Banned
Kendrick at least had a great album this year

Just a run of shitty features besides Goosebumps and Really Doe

And even then he sometimes gets outdone like on the Isiah Rashad feature

That Kendrick verse is dope, dunno what you're talking about. You can also sense the Kanye influence. No one was really, truly rapping about pussy until Kanye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom