• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opiate.. Amir0x..

wnlogo_hot.png

All comes back to that one thread of pedophilia apologist. whole lot of em looking funny in the light if you ask me. Gotta keep one eye open like CBS to bring this back around to hip hop.

HiiiLife

Opiate another pedo?

Yiggity yikes

Simply googling dudes name comes up with screen caps from other gaffers (apologists) shootin the shit with him still. Man. Y'all some weirdos

How do you organize your music collection? I'm thinking about going all digital and selling my physical cds, but I'm having doubts about that. I have a sizable amount of physical media, hard to just let it go and risk a hard drive crashing or a flash drive getting ruined.

Reckoner

How do you organize your music collection? I'm thinking about going all digital and selling my physical cds, but I'm having doubts about that. I have a sizable amount of physical media, hard to just let it go and risk a hard drive crashing or a flash drive getting ruined.

Spotify does it for me 😎

go digital and back up your music on a blu ray or something.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Maybe put the physical content in storage and use a streaming service? Honestly once you go digital you are not likely to touch hard copies ever again, unless you get into vinyl.

Exodust

Banned
did Jay release a better record than Kendrick this year?

QtwhaBu.png

Both are about the same quality of decent to pretty good, just one was a disappointment while the other is a surprise.

Speaking of 4:44, am I the only one who thinks Jay's flow is off on the majority of it? Half the time it sounds like he needs a nap.

Koozek

Both are about the same quality of decent to pretty good, just one was a disappointment while the other is a surprise.

Speaking of 4:44, am I the only one who thinks Jay's flow is off on the majority of it? Half the time it sounds like he needs a nap.
At first I felt it was a bit off on some tracks, but on most I actually like his more mellow flow. Fits the more personal lyrics.

More Life was and IS better than DAMN

dont @ me

You have some of the weirdest rap opinions. Everyone knows I'm one of the few white guys who doesn't really like Kendrick Lamar, but DAMN is better than the meandering/forgettable More Life on every level. Even Drake fans seem underwhelmed.

Koozek

Big Fish Theory and HNDRXX are the only albums better than DAMN. this year.
HNDRXX is probably Top 5 or at least Top 10 for me, though this year is strange and I'm struggling to put together a list. I've listened to and liked many albums, but nothing really sticked with me that much and I often forgot even the ones I bumped a lot. Also half of it is still stuff from last year.

What would be your Top 5/10 so far, guys?

HiResDes

He's most certainly off beat at times but no one cares it seems

Courage

He's most certainly off beat at times but no one cares it seems
Nah, I saw a few posters pointing it out, Bounceounce specifically. I think people are wowed by the production and overall package and fail to see he sounds lazy on most tracks. There's a few exceptions of course (Marcy Me notably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom