• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objectively. Anything from S80-GKMC. Except No make up.

Implying that No Make Up is the only bad/corny song on these two records.
mjlol.png

Does unmastered even count? Also you forgot the goat OD.

Neither even deserves to be in this discussion.

overcast

What's the best Kendrick Lamar song?
Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
Cartoons and Cereal
Wesley's Theory (one of the best opening tracks to an album imo)
Money Trees
Maad City
Momma
Keisha's Song
Blow My High

Fuck it. 🐐🐐🐐
Schoolboy Q says he's dropping his next album in 2017. He's currently finishing it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOL6Gmuh-KF
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOL6a6ABiL5/?taken-by=groovyq
Awesome. Glad to see he's in good spirits in general. Blank Face is a legitimate top 3 aoty for me.

Real Top 10 Kendrick Song.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
WHOO WHEE WHOO WHEE
👮🏻 this is the hip-hop police 👮🏻
your hip-hop license has been revoked for posting terrible opinions on hip-hop topics
you will be transferred to a high security prison where you will live your remaining days alongside other high-profile inmates who have committed crimes against hip-hop such as Recon Yoda, Cheddahz and thabiz
WHOO WHEE WHOO WHEE
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
WHOO WHEE WHOO WHEE
👮🏻 this is the hip-hop police 👮🏻
your hip-hop license has been revoked for posting terrible opinions on hip-hop topics
you will be transferred to a high security prison where you will live your remaining days alongside other high-profile inmates who have committed crimes against hip-hop such as Recon Yoda, Cheddahz and thabiz
WHOO WHEE WHOO WHEE
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

You act like it makes your favorite Kendrick songs somewhat less worthy. Never understood why people make a big deal about someone who likes a song that goes against the grain.

Real is shit but you're fine as long as you don't like Kendrick Lamar's For Free. Which the 6God had to reclaim for himself for a much better track.

You act like it makes your favorite Kendrick songs somewhat less worthy. Never understood why people make a big deal about someone who likes a song that goes against the grain.

I am sorry, next time I will put a sarcasm tag behind my emoji-laden and highly-exaggerated post.

Real is shit but you're fine as long as you don't like Kendrick Lamar's For Free. Which the 6God had to reclaim for himself for a much better track.

Is this really the hill you wanna die on?
dame2.png

A track where Drake raps about his stroke game?
dame2.png

You think you can replace PD?
dame2.png

Well if you like Kendrick's dick song more than Drake's then Dame Dash is pausing so hard he's frozen in ice right now lmao.

edit: wait andrew...you like TPAB's For Free, plz no.

Well if you like Kendrick's dick song more than Drake's then Dame Dash is pausing so hard he's frozen in ice right now lmao.

edit: wait andrew...you like TPAB's For Free, plz no.

If you think For Free is a "dick song" I don't really know what to tell you.

I do find it weird that many people who think GKMC is one of the greatest rap albums ever can't stand one song. I thought greatest albums of all time were suppose to be no filler.

You thought wrong.

I thought Real was a bonus track.

You're thinking of Now or Never.

Which is also garbage tier.

Wait, I'm watching Kriss Kross' Jump. Who the hell are these kids and what's their deal? Were they hated back then or respected? Why are their clothes backwards?

Someone help me.

Dereck

Living in the bottom of the FOOD chain
When you get a NEW chain, ni**a take it from you
A NEW name, want stripes, and you a zebra look-alike
Hope another homicide don't NUMB you and NONE do
Things we will never learn soon
In the era where we wanna earn soon
That's a error, you can smell it in the air and everybody really doomed

tdNwmxY.gif

Gunplay's "Cartoons & Cereal' verse is, seriously, no lie, one of my favorite verses in the last decade. It's so damn good. Like how can someone with the ability to make that verse not go on to great things.

Both of them completely kill it. Easily my favorite Kendrick track.

Eos

sure they could've improved the hook from saying "really real" a million times, but the song itself is not bad. fits the album perfectly and beat is nice. now, if we talking trash songs from s80/gkmc, the biggest offenders are no make up and poetic justice. easily the worst songs from each album.

Travis looks like he wants to suck your dick for 20 dollars in the subway station's restroom
how u know that
dame2.png

life's always gonna be a competition. a tug of war between the heart, mind and soul

a1fcdb225acb0ddcc28a8ddd0de288ba.500x500x1.jpg

lol
96af688925270a0b2cab2a18b0e3a2f8.jpg

sure they could've improved the hook from saying "really real" a million times, but the song itself is not bad. fits the album perfectly and beat is nice. now, if we talking trash songs from s80/gkmc, the biggest offenders are no make up and poetic justice. easily the worst songs from each album.

Poetic Justice? Really....

Whatever works, folks. For me personally, both Kendrick albums are perfect to me. YMMV.

LionPride

Banned

Poe Mans Dreams and Real for me, I started to come around on Poetic Justice

Jesus I wish Tech N9ne was a better songwriter. Dude has everything going for him but all of his albums are just so boring and underwhelming.

Also, his hooks are among the worst in rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom