• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

1e0b669764efd6e4236c8edacc63bc1b134eacdee1eebb068c6eb96786077b83_1.jpg

pac-rap-dontworry-needs-you-sonitrust-you-back-1359240.png

LionPride

Banned
Eh, TPAB has a few songs that only really work for me in the context of the album. GKMC otoh has mostly songs that work both as part of a whole as well as standalone tracks.
Every song on TPAB is good on it's own to me. There is a reason it's my second favorite album ever

Koozek

Wait, Real is that unpopular? Kinda don't remember it right now, though. Gotta listen to it again later. Also, For Free honestly grew on me and I even liked it, lol.

Koozek

Jesus I wish Tech N9ne was a better songwriter. Dude has everything going for him but all of his albums are just so boring and underwhelming.

Also, his hooks are among the worst in rap.
So what does he have going for him if he's a bad songwriter, his albums are boring and underwhelming, and his hooks are among the worst in Rap?

small44

Jesus I wish Tech N9ne was a better songwriter. Dude has everything going for him but all of his albums are just so boring and underwhelming.

Also, his hooks are among the worst in rap.

HIs lyrics look fine,the hook depend on the song but he's one of the most original rapper I ever listened to.

Koozek

Production on Cudi's album is so good.
I was just about to say the same. Just started with the second half because I didn't have the time yet in the last few days and the production is really cool. Gonna listen to it again in a few days on my big speakers. This really is Cudder's best (or, well, the first listenable) since MotM, no? The last few albums were hot basura. Never listened to them again.

Every song on TPAB is good on it's own to me. There is a reason it's my second favorite album ever

hey, more power to you. TPAB was my AOTY 2015 and one of my favourite records ever (I even got the vinyl, word to irish) but I find it hard to revisit some tracks (in their entirety) outside of a full listen. Which I still do on the regular but I agree with the widespread notion that it's weaker at a casual listen.

So what does he have going for him if he's a bad songwriter, his albums are boring and underwhelming, and his hooks are among the worst in Rap?

white 20 somethings rapping his verses on youtube

Dereck

I'll agree on revisiting TBAP. It's like either I revisit the entire album no tracks at all.

The tracks are heavy, and they have skits on the end of them too. I'll go listen to something like Hood Politics and Alright and forget about the "I remember you was conflicted part", then I feel like I have to finish the album.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Tupac has been confirmed as an inductee in the 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Well deserved for one of the GOAT.

Kendrick's my future GOAT and I believe that Good Kid, Butterfly, and Untitled are pretty much perfect, but for some reason I actively don't like Section 80, Ab-Soul is essentially the only thing I go back for.
Tupac has been confirmed as an inductee in the 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Well deserved for one of the GOAT.
Now all we need is Jay to be inducted into the songwriters hall of fame.

I'm not joking. I was browsing Spotify last night and was listening g to Kamasi Washington's The Epic and Miles Davis was recommended. I've heard his name before but never listened to his music.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom