• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Rate from best to worst.

yiBnwEH.jpg
jbeJ2qU.jpg
ekAT949.jpg
rHMnPWU.jpg
8dvUUI1.jpg

NandoGip

Out of all the labels Uzi could've signed with, he chose Taylor Gang?

Wiz Khalifa might have crossed over and gone corny, but he's one of the most successful hip hop artists right now. Uzi made a good choice, they're going to get him to go mainstream, and honestly he has the appeal. Also, they're from the same state.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Both Ty$ and Juicy J are signed to it along with TM88. Those are really top tier names to be labelmates with and getting constant access to them can only be good.
And exactly what have any of them done since signing with Wiz and 'em?

Wiz's last lp flopped like a motherfucker, he sure ain't raising anyone's profile anytime soon.

Bacon

Fantano chose Atrocity Exhibition as his number 1 album this year, for those who care about that sort of thing. I thought he was gonna go with ATCQ's album going by the way he was praising it in his review but Atrocity is definitely a great pick. Still can't forgive him for that Blankface review though...

Fantano chose Atrocity Exhibition as his number 1 album this year, for those who care about that sort of thing. I thought he was gonna go with ATCQ's album going by the way he was praising it in his review but Atrocity is definitely a great pick. Still can't forgive him for that Blankface review though...

What was the rest of the list (both lists)? Not giving him traffic.

Fuck Fantano.

Seriously, once he got that 4chan audience, he turned into shit doubling down on the misogyny and unironic mentions of SJWs. He stopped reviewing smaller albums and went for bigger albums with controversial scores for the clicks.

Do you find the evolution of rappers from the 90s to the 2000s to be any similar to the one from the 80s and early 90s to the mid and late 90s?
I feel like rappers now are generally much more comfortable on non typical three verses and a chorus type songs and abstract beats, in a way you don't see from many older rappers who are still some of the best and rapping today.
It allows for a lot more creative things.
Fuck Fantano.

Seriously, once he got that 4chan audience, he turned into shit doubling down on the misogyny and unironic mentions of SJWs. He stopped reviewing smaller albums and went for bigger albums with controversial scores for the clicks.
/mu/ actually generally mocks/disparages Fantano for turning into that, not sure it's for them.

Koozek

Do you find the evolution of rappers from the 90s to the 2000s to be any similar to the one from the 80s and early 90s to the mid and late 90s?
I feel like rappers now are generally much more comfortable on non typical three verses and a chorus type songs and abstract beats, in a way you don't see from many older rappers who are still some of the best and rapping today.
It allows for a lot more creative things.
Been thinking the same for the last few years and I'm really happy about it. Many of the new Underground rappers hit the sweet spot between a soulful and modern sound while experimenting with song-structure and flows. Like Isaiah, Saba, Jay IDK, Azizi, Earthgang etc. Basically an evolution of the mid-00's Relatable Rap style of Fashawn, Blu & Co. At the same time I enjoy the ignorant Mumble Rap and the whole Metro Boomin sound, too. It's a new Golden Era, imo, as there's something for everyone. Especially after Rap has been basically dead between '06 and '12 for me.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Martin Shkreli is claiming to have Tha Carter V, Detox and unreleased 2pac songs.

what the fuck is up with this guy....

I don't bite the Detox and 2pac stuff, but Weezy seems to be mad about the C5 story, so it might be true.

Nibel

Martin Shkreli is claiming to have Tha Carter V, Detox and unreleased 2pac songs.

what the fuck is up with this guy....

I don't bite the Detox and 2pac stuff, but Weezy seems to be mad about the C5 story, so it might be true.

He'll claim anything since y'all and bunch of other people give him attention/life energy

Fuck Fantano.

pz0V3dj.jpg

Fuck God's son.

WOW

Hiilife gone again...

That's where all that Views praise gets you; can't wait for him to return with an alt like everybody else

Bronx-Man

Banned
He can bring new life to the label really. Help Wiz resurge.
So we can agree they need Uzi a lot more than Uzi needs them.

Fuck Fantano.

Yep. Fuckthony Boitano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom