• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

310556C0ZrVaeWQAEHDRDjpglarge.jpg

NandoGip

So we can agree they need Uzi a lot more than Uzi needs them.

Yep. Fuckthony Boitano

Nah, you guys forget that while we may think Wiz is trash now, he's on hit mainstream songs consistently. He doesn't need to feed the streets cuz that's not his demo anymore. Uzi made a good business move going with them

Icolin

Banned
Fuck Fantano.

Seriously, once he got that 4chan audience, he turned into shit doubling down on the misogyny and unironic mentions of SJWs. He stopped reviewing smaller albums and went for bigger albums with controversial scores for the clicks.

He got that 4chan audience a long time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB4kTLN15y0&ab_channel=theneedledrop

and this too: https://youtu.be/hp_14jSV8cQ?t=75

Not to mention the new found attention he got after his MBDTF review before that, so I'd say he's had the 4chan audience for awhile now.

Koozek

The post is implying Hamza's 4-peat. I haven't listened to his music myself so I don't have an opinion on the matter.
You should! Zombie Life is pure bliss. Never would've thought a Belgian/French Trap album would be my AOTY. Haven't heard the new one Moody posted yet. Will do tomorrow. I'm tired as fuck right now after having cooked Christmas dinner for my whole fam for the first time, phew. Man, cooking can be so exhausting, as a beginner especially. We should all appreciate more our moms (or whoever cooks mainly at home) for doing that all the time.

Koozek

Wait, what's wrong with ITAOTS? Can't watch the videos right now. Funnily I think I discovered it through the recommended videos of a Fantano review. Became one of my fave non-Rap albums of the last years.

Icolin

Banned
/mu/ fucking loves ITAOTS. It's their original meme.

Case in point:
Wiki-wordmark.png

and this is the first thing you see on /mu/:
08e.png

Plus I used to browse /mu/ back in the early days during highschool when it was usually funny discussions on ITAOTS before it became the shitposting cesspool of /pol/ users that it's been for awhile. Or maybe I've just matured out of it.

Icolin

Banned
Wait, what's wrong with ITAOTS? Can't watch the videos right now. Funnily I think I discovered it through the recommended videos of a Fantano review. Became one of my fave non-Rap albums of the last years.

I really like it too, but I guess it's become a bit of a meme, and it's kinda considered to be really entry level folk or indie music.

I guess people can't really take it seriously anymore.

Back on topic, it seems like Metro Boomin and Nav are doing a collaborative album, which will be out next year. Source: https://twitter.com/metroboomin/status/812804388960030721

I like Metro's production, so I think that this'll be a solid listen.

Yeah, I find myself listening to songs just because Metro is behind the boards. He could become part of my favorite producers of all time list, but he still has much music to make in the future. I think if he did an album that really puts him on the map where the album becomes synonymous for its production prowess, that would take him to the top.

He's got Jumpman and Big Rings all to himself, so he's on the right track.

Icolin

Banned
Yeah, I find myself listening to songs just because Metro is behind the boards. He could become part of my favorite producers of all time list, but he still has much music to make in the future. I think if he did an album that really puts him on the map where the album becomes synonymous for its production prowess, that would take him to the top.

He's got Jumpman and Big Rings all to himself, so he's on the right track.

Yeah, although I'd prefer if he just did short EPs or mixtapes, because I think a full album from Metro, as much as I like his stuff, would probably be samey and bloated with features, like a lot of debut full length albums from producers. Short EPs or like Savage Mode or singles with Young Thug as MetroThuggin is the way to go, IMO.

Yeah, although I'd prefer if he just did short EPs or mixtapes, because I think a full album from Metro, as much as I like his stuff, would probably be samey and bloated with features, like a lot of debut full length albums from producers.

I think he's got some diversity going for him. He can change the mood/tempo/whatever of his tracks and avert that pitfall.

He got that 4chan audience a long time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB4kTLN15y0&ab_channel=theneedledrop

and this too: https://youtu.be/hp_14jSV8cQ?t=75

Not to mention the new found attention he got after his MBDTF review before that, so I'd say he's had the 4chan audience for awhile now.
To clarify, there was a point before this bullshit where he acknowledged his fanbase on /mu/, but didn't let it influence his reviews, much less his politics. Nowadays, since the introduction of the Meme Review and that smoothie vlog thing, it's really colored his politics, with his "musings" on SJWs, Gamergate, etc.

I haven't really revisited his channel since those videos, so I don't know if he walked back his views on thatistheplan or not. I know it's bullshit to weight someone's opinions based on their own personal politics, but when he's saying shit like this:
f’real anthony fantano is a shitty MRA dude

you /can not/ defend him
I’d rather have “MRA” tattooed across my chest than be a pink-haired piece of garbage posting on Tumblr. ��
It doesn't sit right with me.

EDIT:
Back on topic, it seems like Metro Boomin and Nav are doing a collaborative album, which will be out next year. Source: https://twitter.com/metroboomin/status/812804388960030721

I like Metro's production, so I think that this'll be a solid listen.
...intrigued to say the least.

Icolin

Banned
To clarify, there was a point before this bullshit where he acknowledged his fanbase on /mu/, but didn't let it influence his reviews, much less his politics. Nowadays, since the introduction of the Meme Review and that smoothie vlog thing, it's really colored his politics, with his "musings" on SJWs, Gamergate, etc.

I haven't really revisited his channel since those videos, so I don't know if he walked back his views on thatistheplan or not. I know it's bullshit to weight someone's opinions based on their own personal politics, but when he's saying shit like this:

It doesn't sit right with me.

EDIT:
...intrigued to say the least.

Yeesh, Fantano seems like a dickwad.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of .Paak, it's not at the top of my list but Nxworries is a really good listen. I've come to really enjoy him as a performer and the production on that album is more appealing to me than his usual solo stuff.

Speaking of .Paak, it's not at the top of my list but Nxworries is a really good listen. I've come to really enjoy him as a performer and the production on that album is more appealing to me than his usual solo stuff.
He put in good work this year, loved his contributions to Tribe, Schoolboy & Mac Miller's albums. Plus his own projects were fantastic.

Bacon

I definitely liked yes lawd a lot more than Malibu that's for sure. The production on that album is really great.

These Big Sean singles aren't doing much for me aside from Living Single (despite Chances terrible voice), it's not looking like this will be Dark Sky Paradise level which is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom