• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Big Sean singles aren't doing much for me aside from Living Single (despite Chances terrible voice), it's not looking like this will be Dark Sky Paradise level which is disappointing.
I actually like Bounce Back a lot more than I thought I would, so I hope there's more songs on that level than "Living Single."

I actually like Bounce Back a lot more than I thought I would, so I hope there's more songs on that level than "Living Single."
I like a lot of his lines on Bounce Back, he has some really clever bars that hit me hard when I first heard it on the radio, but I don't like the way the songs built/chorus and I don't like the production, it feels way too similar too a lot of cheap radio production imo, while Dark Sky's hits sounded pretty original to me.
I'm not feeling Move either.

RTJ3 is dope. Production wise it might be my fave.

lsGzbLj.gif

Hitta93

Banned
I'll of course give RTJ3 a chance, but I wasn't honestly impressed by either one.

The 2nd was an improvement over the original though.

El-P went all the way in on the production side, and Mike has some dope verses all over the project, but I hesitate to call it more than just another good RTJ album. To a lot of people that'll be enough, but considering I'm trying to narrow down at least 25 other good to great albums from this year, I don't think it'll make much of a dent for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom