• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf: How do you like your Hot dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All beef natural casing dog charred up real good.
Sesame seed bun in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Slice of tomato, some onions, mustard, green relish, sport peppers
Top it all off with a healthy shake of celery salt.

Any other way and you're doing it wrong.

on the BBQ with some homemade salsa ontop

*googled image* damn this shit looks good
CabritoBorderDog__GuacHotDog_v1_10_-_Version_2.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know what I love and can't get the same anywhere else

Those sausage and pepper hero @ Shea Stadium/Citi-Field (it maybe generic or whatever, but with spicy brown mustard and those peppers and onions caramelized....GOOD LORD)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
lD7Ev.jpg

Stephens Meats brand of Hot Dogs are the only good brand of hot dogs ever to have graced this planet. Their shop closed awhile ago, but no other hot dog I've ever had has ever compared...Don't care where they came from, what they were made from or how they were prepared, never could compare.

So...if by some miracle I could ever get another pack of those dogs, I liked them on a toasted bun, bare. The meat and juices had more flavor, punch and crunch than you could ever get from any other meat or condiment.

History

Medalion

Banned
I microwave most anything but I've never...ever tried to microwave a hotdog, I feel silly for never realising you could do this

Boiled or Grilled depending on how lazy I am, and I put the ketchup/srriacha mix underneath the hot dog! I also toast my buns. I don't eat them that much anymore though, I'm mostly a vegetable eater these days, with the occasional chicken breast or burger.

The roach coach near my house sells "mexican" hot dogs. It's a hot dog, wrapped in bacon and put on a toasted but with chopped tomatoes. onions and mayo. I'll never go back.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That idiotic movie already gave me cancer so I can eat all the dogs I want.

TheWiicast said:
The roach coach near my house sells "mexican" hot dogs. It's a hot dog, wrapped in bacon and put on a toasted but with chopped tomatoes. onions and mayo. I'll never go back.

Theres like, nothing mexican about that though? Apparently I ate something similar on Polk street in SF once, Don't remember it though, too drunk.

Megalodactyl said:
Theres like, nothing mexican about that though? Apparently I ate something similar on Polk street in SF once, Don't remember it though, too drunk.

Yeah it's even written with quotes on the menu

1. Steamed Nathan franks with spicy chili con carne on a potato bread bun.

or

2. Grilled Nathan franks with mayonnaise and diced tomato on a potato bread bun

The fucking BEST.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There were these places in Buenos Aires that had a bunch of different varieties of hot dogs with hugely different toppings for $1 each. I tried every one. And they were all amazing.

Anybody know about these places?

Bankoiia

Come to think of it. I love me some "gurkmajonäs" as well, literally Boston pickle mayonnaise. If there's even a word for it outside of Sweden I would be thrilled to find out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hawkian said:
There were these places in Buenos Aires that had a bunch of different varieties of hot dogs with hugely different toppings for $1 each. I tried every one. And they were all amazing.

Anybody know about these places?

Peter's Hot Dogs?
I loved me some super panchos when I lived there.

Mordeccai

siddx said:
That idiotic movie already gave me cancer so I can eat all the dogs I want.

You... you... you take that back!

This thread inspired me to make some hotdogs. Sriracha and pickles on mine. Such a delicious combo.

thcsquad

With chili and cheese, or mustard (and maybe a pickle spear) if I don't have that. The cooking style doesn't matter as much - grilled, boiled, microwaved....if you have the right toppings, it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, and poppy seeds on the bun.

I steam my hot dogs like this. Normally beef, but the ones in the picture were turkey.

hotdogs%252520001%252520%252528Small%252529.jpg

hotdogs%252520002%252520%252528Small%252529.jpg

As for toppings it just depends how I feel. One iteration includes mustard, diced white onion, jalapeno, and shredded cheese.

31tcsd22vML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This has been sent from the gods. Get a hot dog similar to that of a grilled one, from a TOASTER!

Toasted hot dog
Toasted bun
Pickle spear
Fresh onion
Yellow mustard

WIN

I get the kosher dogs they have at Costco. Then I like it with mayo on it and maybe onions and mustard. I am a simple man with simple tastes in hot dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom